What is PewDiePie’s net worth? PewDiePie net worth comes from his YouTube career.
Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg known online as PewDiePie is a Swedish YouTuber and comedian, known primarily for his Let’s Play videos and comedic formatted shows.
PewDiePie Net Worth
US$ 40 Million
31 (born 24 October 1989)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early life and Education
Kjellberg was born on 24 October 1989, in Gothenburg, Sweden, where he was also raised. Kjellberg went on to pursue a degree in industrial economics and technology management at the Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg but left the university in 2011.
Early years (2010–2012): Kjellberg originally registered a YouTube account under the name “Pewdie” in December 2006; he explained that “pew” represents the sound of lasers and “die” refers to death. After initially forgetting the password to this account, he registered the “PewDiePie” YouTube channel on 29 April 2010.
In his early years as a YouTube creator, Kjellberg focused on video game commentaries, most notably horror and action video games. Some of his earliest videos featured commentaries of mainstream video games including Minecraft and Call of Duty, although he was particularly noted for his Let’s Plays of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and its related mods.
July 2012 saw his channel reaching 1 million subscribers, and it reached 2 million subscribers in September. In October, OpenSlate ranked Kjellberg’s channel as the No. 1 YouTube channel.
On 18 February 2013, Kjellberg’s channel reached 5 million subscribers, and in April, he was covered in The New York Times after surpassing 6 million subscribers. In May, at the inaugural Starcount Social Stars Awards in Singapore, Kjellberg won the award for “Swedish Social Star”.
Kjellberg received a certificate from Guinness World Records for becoming the most subscribed YouTuber. On 1 November, his channel became the first to reach 15 million subscribers; the following day, the channel was surpassed by YouTube’s Spotlight account in subscribers.
On 5 October 2018, Kjellberg uploaded a diss track against the Indian record label T-Series titled “T-SERIES DISS TRACK” (later renamed “Bitch Lasagna”) in response to their YouTube channel is projected to surpass his in subscribers.
PewDiePie’s net worth in 2021 is $40 Million.
Few PewDiePie Facts
- PewDiePie supported his YouTube channel by selling hot dogs. His persistence paid off when in 2012 his YouTube channel garnered over one million subscribers.
- In his early school years, he showed an interest in art and practiced by drawing his versions of popular video game characters.
- In December 2014, PewDiePie appeared in two episodes of his favorite TV series, South Park. It was a two-part season finale and the episodes were called #REHASH & #HappyHolograms.
- He was listed in Time Magazine’s list of the 30 most influential people on the internet in 2015.
- In October 2015 he made the list of the richest YouTube stars hauling in a reported $12 million.
- He got his first television series, Scare PewDiePie, which was released in 2016 via YouTube’s ‘YouTube Red’ subscription service.
Top PewDiePie Quotes
- “Dropping the news to my parents that I was skipping my ‘dream education’ at Chalmers to sit at home recording videos while playing video games was not easy.”
- “Life is too short to focus on the things you hate, focus on what you love instead.”
- “I’m just so very lucky to be able to do what I do for a living, and giving back is a way for me to express my gratitude.”
- “Unless you stop trying, how can you not fail anymore.”
- “You have to be honest, you can’t love someone out of sympathy.”
- “Face your problems! Unless your problem is your face.”
- “Money can’t buy you happiness but it buys you all the things you don’t have, even friends.”
- “Do you ever just add things you’ve already done to your to-do list, then cross them over right away to feel more productive? Me neither.”