What is MacKenzie Scott’s net worth? MacKenzie Scott net worth comes from Amazon.
MacKenzie Scott s an American novelist and philanthropist. As of April 17, 2021, she has a net worth of US$61.4 billion, making her the third-wealthiest woman in the world, and the 21st-wealthiest individual overall. She is known for her marriage and high-profile divorce from Amazon and Blue Origin founder Jeff Bezos, and for her involvement in the founding of Amazon.
MacKenzie Scott Net Worth
US$ 56.7 billion
51 (born April 7, 1970)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Mackenzie Scott Tuttle was born on April 7, 1970, in San Francisco, California to a financial planner father and homemaker mother. She claims to have started writing in earnest at the age of 6 when she wrote The Book Worm, a 142-page book that was destroyed in a deluge.
In 1988, she graduated from Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut. In 1992, Tuttle earned her BA in English from Princeton University, where she taught under the supervision of Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature Tony Morrison, who described Tuttle as “one of the best students I’ve had in creative writing lessons”. She also worked as a research assistant for Morrison on the 1992 novel Jazz.
After graduation, Scott applied to work for D. E. Shaw, a quantitative hedge fund in New York, as an associate researcher for “paying the bills while working on her novels.” She was interviewed by Jeff Bezos, who was then the vice president of the company. The interview was her first encounter with him.
In 1993, Scott and Bezos were married, and in 1994, they both left DIY Show, moved to Seattle, and established Amazon. Scott was an early Amazon employee and was very involved in Amazon’s early days, working on the company name, business plan, accounts, and early order shipping. She also negotiated the company’s first shipping contract. When Amazon started to be successful, Scott played a less engaged role, preferring to focus on her family and her literary career.
MacKenzie Scott’s net worth in 2021 is $56.7 Billion.
Few Facts About MacKenzie Scott
- She is a novelist
- She even studied under Toni Morrison
- MacKenzie met Jeff Bezos while working at a hedge fund
- She was heavily involved in getting Amazon off the ground
- Together MacKenzie and Jeff have three sons and one daughter who they adopted from China
- In January 2019, she jointly announced her divorce from Jeff Bezos
Top MacKenzie Scott Quotes
- “To me, watching your spouse, somebody that you love, have an adventure – what is better than that?” – MacKenzie Scott
- “Writing is such a ‘pretend’ profession. Nobody is counting on you at all. You can’t ‘pretend’ to be a lawyer or a teacher. It takes a lot of grit to continue.” – MacKenzie Scott
- “I am a better person when I am writing, and I am probably a better mother because I can focus all that laser attention on these characters rather than worrying about my kids.” – MacKenzie Scott
- “Cocktail parties for me can be nerve-racking. The brevity of conversations, the number of them – it’s not my sweet spot.” – MacKenzie Scott
- “My characters are based on people I know, but not in a direct way.” – MacKenzie Scott
- “I think Amazon has been great for readers.” – MacKenzie Scott