What is Lil Wayne’s net worth? Lil Wayne net worth comes from his musical career.
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. known professionally as Lil Wayne, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur.
Lil Wayne Net Worth
US$ 150 Million
38 (born September 27, 1982)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. was born on September 27, 1982, and spent his first few years in the impoverished Hollygrove neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana. Carter wrote his first rap song at age eight. In the summer of 1991, he met rapper and Cash Money Records co-founder Bryan “Birdman” Williams, who mentored him and encouraged his love of hip-hop; Birdman included Carter on several Cash Money tracks, and Carter would often record freestyle raps on Williams’ answering machine.
1997–1999: Career beginnings and Hot Boys: In 1997, Carter joined the Hot Boys along with rappers Juvenile, B.G., and Turk. At age 14, Carter was the youngest member at the time.
1999–2004: Tha Block Is Hot, Lights Out, and 500 Degreez: Carter’s debut solo album, Tha Block Is Hot, was released when he was 17 and featured significant contributions from the Hot Boys. It debuted at number 3 on the Billboard 200 and was later certified platinum by the RIAA. The album earned Carter a 1999 Source magazine nomination for “Best New Artist”, and also became a Top Ten hit.
His second album, Lights Out, was released in 2000, and failed to attain the level of success achieved by his debut but was certified gold by RIAA. Carter’s third album, 500 Degreez, was released in 2002.
2004–2006: Tha Carter, Tha Carter II, and Like Father, Like Son: In the summer of 2004, Carter’s fourth studio album, Tha Carter, was released, marking what critics considered advancement in his rapping style and lyrical themes. Tha Carter II, the follow-up to the original Tha Carter album, was released in December 2005. In 2006, Carter collaborated with Birdman for the album Like Father, Like Son, whose first single “Stuntin’ Like My Daddy”, reached number 21 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Lil Wayne’s net worth in 2021 is $150 Million.
Few Facts About Lil Wayne
- Lil Wayne wrote his first rap at only 8 years old and released his first album, True Story, at the age of 11!
- Wayne did not always go by Lil Wayne. His rap name used to be “Shrimp Daddy” at a young age and then known as “Baby D”
- 10. He has an entire verse of Jay-Z tattooed on his leg. The song is “Lucky Me” – which he also tattooed on his neck as a tribute to one of his favorite songs
- Lil Wayne is a huge fan of Nirvana. He said the Seattle grunge band had a huge impact on him
Top Lil Wayne Quotes
- “I’m an addict, I’m addicted to success. Thankfully, there’s no rehab for success.” – Lil Wayne
- “Love me or hate me, I swear it won’t make or break me.” – Lil Wayne
- “Trying to tear down the past prohibits you from building up your future.” – Lil Wayne
- “I don’t need it to be easy. I just want it to be worth it.” – Lil Wayne
- “The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done… you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do.” – Lil Wayne
- “Surround yourself with love, not friends.” – Lil Wayne
- “Mirror on the wall, through my rise and fall, you’ve been my only friend.” – Lil Wayne
- “I’m on the road to riches, it’s just a lil traffic.” – Lil Wayne
- “Honestly, I don’t listen to nobody else’s music but my own. It’s kind of like sports to me. You don’t see Kobe Bryant at a LeBron James game – he just works on his own game. And that’s what I do. I only listen to me, so I can criticize and analyze and all those things.” – Lil Wayne
- “I go wherever my creativity takes me.” – Lil Wayne
What do you think about Lil Wayne’s net worth?
Spread the Love