What is Elon Musk’s net worth? Elon Musk net worth comes from Tesla, Inc..
Elon Reeve Musk FRS is an entrepreneur and business magnate. He is the founder, CEO, and chief engineer at SpaceX; early-stage investor, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI. A centibillionaire, Musk is one of the richest people in the world.
Elon Musk Net Worth
US$ 156.4 billion
49 (born June 28, 1971)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Elon Reeve Musk was born on June 28, 1971, in Pretoria, South Africa. Aged 10, Musk developed an interest in computing while using the Commodore VIC-20. He learned computer programming using a manual and, by age 12, sold the code of a BASIC-based video game he created called Blastar to PC and Office Technology magazine for approximately $500.
He graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in economics from the Wharton School and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in physics from UPenn School of Arts and Sciences. In 1995, Musk was accepted to a Ph.D. program in energy physics/materials science at Stanford University in California. He dropped out of Stanford after two days, deciding instead to join the Internet boom and launch an Internet startup.
- In 1995, Musk, Kimbal, and Greg Kouri founded web software company Zip2 with funds from angel investors.
- In 1999, Musk co-founded X.com, online financial services, and e-mail payment company.
- In 2001, Musk became involved with the nonprofit Mars Society. Musk founded Space Exploration Technologies Corp., traded as SpaceX, in May 2002.
- Tesla, Inc.—originally Tesla Motors—was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, who financed the company until the Series A round of funding. A 2009 lawsuit settlement with Eberhard designated Musk as a Tesla co-founder, along with Tarpenning and two others.
- Musk provided the initial concept and financial capital for SolarCity, which his cousins Lyndon and Peter Rive co-founded in 2006. By 2013, SolarCity was the second largest provider of solar power systems in the United States.
- In 2016, Musk co-founded Neuralink, a neurotechnology startup company to integrate the human brain with AI.
- In 2016, Musk founded The Boring Company to construct tunnels.
Elon Musk’s net worth in 2021 is $156.4 Billion.
Few Facts About Elon Musk
- Musk was born in South Africa
- Musk created a video game at age 12, sold it for $500
- Musk has six children, all of whom are boys
- Musk has founded eight companies to date
- Musk has made appearances in Hollywood movies and sitcoms
- Musk is a big X-Men fan
Top Elon Musk Quotes
- “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
- “It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.”
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
- “If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic—being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago.”
- “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.”
- “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
- “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
- “There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What’s the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future? If the future does not include being out there among the stars and being a multi-planet species, I find that incredibly depressing.”