What is Tyler Perry’s net worth? Tyler Perry net worth comes from his professional producer and acting career.
Tyler Perry is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.
Tyler Perry Net Worth
US$ 800 Million
51 (September 13, 1969)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Emmitt Perry Jr. was born. or Tyler Perry on September 13, 1969, to the parents of Emmitt Perry Sr. and Willie Maxine Perry with three other siblings.
He had a rough childhood in which he was physically abused by his father and often had suicidal thoughts. On one occasion he attempted suicide.
He found comfort with his mother and attended church with her every Sunday.
When he was 16, he changed his name to Tyler to distance himself from his father, and he also dropped out of high school.
As a young man, he heard a commentary on The Oprah Winfrey Show that writing helps and inspires people to overcome their depression. Therefore, he started writing his music “I Know I’ve Been Changed” which will be shown later in 1992.
Although he was financially unstable, Tyler rewrote and reproduced his music after her initial performance. In 1998, Tyler’s musical “I Know I’ve Been Changed” was well-received by audiences, and went on to perform in several different locations.
In 2000, he produced a second play, I Can Do Bad All by Myself, which featured the popular Tyler Perry character “Madea” played by himself.
A year later, he produced “Diary of a Crazy Black Woman” followed by “Madea Family Reunion” the following year and both received positive reviews.
In 2003 came “Madea’s Class Reunion”, which led him to promote his plays on his first tour. In 2005, Perry made his big-screen debut with his movie Diary of a Crazy Black Woman which immediately became a huge hit.
In 2006, Perry filmed “Madea’s Family Reunion” and launched his new TV series on TBS called “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne”.
Later that same year, he published his bestselling book Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea’s Unfettered Commentaries on Love and Life.
In 2007 he released “Daddy’s Little Girls” and in 2008 his movie “Meet the Browns” did so well that the following year it was made into a TV series.
He has since produced several films including “Madea’s Big Happy Family” and “Why Did I Get Married Too?” and “Good Deeds”, “A Madea Christmas”, “The Single Moms Club” and most recently “Acrimony”.
Tyler Perry’s net worth in 2021 is $800 Million.
Few Tyler Perry Facts
- He started writing because of Oprah Winfrey
- Madea, his long-running character, was originally intended as a small role in one of his plays
- He was nervous the first time he directed a movie
- He is in a long-running feud with Spike Lee
Top Tyler Perry Quotes
- “It doesn’t matter if a million people tell you what you can’t do, or if ten million tell you no. If you get one yes from God that’s all you need.” ~ Tyler Perry
- “When it all comes down to it, life isn’t about how much we get – it’s about how much we share.” ~ Tyler Perry
- “You let your past destroy you, or you use it to create something better” ~ Tyler Perry
- “God gives everyone a lane and no one can beat you in your lane. Just stay focused on Him and what you are supposed to do. And everything will be alright.” ~ Tyler Perry
- “Once you’re truly happy with yourself alone, that’s when you are safe to find the right person to spend the rest of your life with.” ~ Tyler Perry
- “Rather than focus on your critics, focus on the people who are impacted by your work.” ~ Tyler Perry
All about Tyler Perry’s net worth, and a quick look at his success
Tyler Perry is a very successful producer, actor, writer, and director. He has come a long way since the beginning of his career and has become a huge part of the film industry today.
As of 2021, Tyler Perry’s net worth is $800 Million.