What is Gordon Ramsay’s net worth? Gordon Ramsay net worth comes from his professional chef and TV career.
Gordon James Ramsay OBE is a British chef, restaurateur, television personality, and writer.
Gordon Ramsay Net Worth
US$ 220 Million
54 (born 8 November 1966)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Professional Chef, TV Personality
Gordon James Ramsay Jr. was born on the 8th of November, 1966, in Renfrewshire, Scotland.
He is the son of Gordon and Helen Cosgrove. Ramsay Jr. was raised in Stratford, Warwickshire, England since the age of five.
His early life was marked by the abuse and neglect of his father, a “drinking womanizer”. He played football and was first selected to play under-14 football at the age of 12.
Gordon Ramsay Jr. got serious about earning a culinary qualification at the age of 19. In the early 1980s, he worked at the Wroxton House Hotel and Wickham Arms. He moved to London where he worked in a chain of restaurants.
Ramsay worked for the temperamental Marco Pierre White at Harvey for nearly 3 years and decided to study French cuisine. On White’s advice, he began working with Albert Roux at Le Gavroche in Mayfair.
He remained in France for three years and benefited from the mentorship of Guy of Savoy. Then he accepted the less stressful work of a personal chef on the private yacht, Idlewild, based in Bermuda.
In 1993, Ramsay returned to London and was offered the position of head chef and a 10% stake in the Rossmore Restaurant.
Gordon Ramsay went on to create a successful chain of restaurants not only in England but in Glasgow, Ireland, Dubai, Tokyo, New York, Florida, and Los Angeles, for the next fifteen years.
He appeared on the TV series Faking It in 2001, where he helped prospective chef, a burger flipper named Ed Devlin, learn the profession. This episode won a BAFTA Award for Best Real TV Moment.
In 2010, he was a producer and judge on the US version of MasterChef, starred in a novel about his visit to India, Gordon’s Great Escape, and hosted Ramsay’s Best Restaurant series.
As of 2012, he has written 21 books and contributed articles to The Times Saturday. Two of his books are his autobiography, Roasting in Hell’s Kitchen and Humble Pie.
Gordon Ramsay’s net worth in 2021 is $220 Million.
Few Gordon Ramsay Facts
- He’s a black belt in karate
- He’s been asking Bobby Flay to compete against him on Iron Chef for five years
- And one thing that he refuses to eat: frozen dinners
- He doesn’t watch his own TV shows
- His restaurants have a total of seven Michelin stars
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is the longest-running restaurant in London to hold three Michelin stars
- If he wasn’t a chef, he would be a Navy SEAL
Top Gordon Ramsay Quotes
- “Put your head down and work hard. Never wait for things to happen, make them happen for yourself through hard graft and not giving up.” ~ Gordon Ramsay
- “I don’t like looking back. I’m always constantly looking forward. I’m not the one to sort of sit and cry over spilt milk. I’m too busy looking for the next cow.” ~ Gordon Ramsay
- “Being a chef never seems like a job, it becomes a true passion.” ~ Gordon Ramsay
- “Chefs are nutters. They’re all self-obsessed, delicate, dainty, insecure little souls and absolute psychopaths. Every last one of them.” ~ Gordon Ramsay
- “There’s no bigger pain anywhere in the world than a vegetarian.” ~ Gordon Ramsay
- “However amazing a dish looks, it is always the taste that lingers in your memory. Family and friends will appreciate a meal that tastes superb-even if you’ve brought the pan to the table.” ~ Gordon Ramsay