What is Dolly Parton’s net worth? Dolly Parton net worth comes from her professional singing career.
Dolly Rebecca Parton is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music.
Dolly Parton Net Worth
US$ 650 Million
75 (born January 19, 1946)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Dolly Parton was born on January 19, 1946, in Tennessee. Parton was the fourth of twelve children born to Robert Lee Parton, a farmer and construction worker, and Avi Lee. She later described her family as economically backward.
Dolly Parton’s family was inclined towards music and began to sing from her mother. She credits her uncle Bill Owens for supporting her in making music as a career at a young age.
Dolly Parton started her television career when she was ten years old. Later, her career began to flourish in 1967 when she partnered with artist Porter Wagner on The Porter Wagner Show. This partnership also helped her secure a music contract from RCA Records.
RCA Records released their first single as a duet partner with Porter Wagoner, a cover of Tom Paxton’s song “The Last Thing on My Mind” which was released in 1967 and reached the top ten in the country in early 1968.
In 1977, she released her first number-one crossover “Here You Come Again” which topped both the pop and country charts. She received her first Grammy Award for this performance in 1978.
Beginning in 1999 she recorded a series of albums inspired by Bluegrass music – a genre of American country music. She made four albums “The Grass is Blue”, “Little Sparrow”, “Halos & Horns” and “Those Were the Days”.
In 2005, she also wrote the song “Travelin” Thru” for the feature film “Transamerica” which was nominated for an Academy Award that year.
Since then, she has been active by appearing in music shows, releasing her own collection of songs, etc. In 2013, she collaborated with Kenny Rogers on a music album titled “You Can’t Make Old Friends”.
Dolly Parton’s net worth in 2021 is $650 Million.
Few Dolly Parton Facts
- She’s got Guinness records
- She wrote two of her biggest hits during the same session
- She’s Miley Cyrus godmother
- She was born really poor
Top Dolly Parton Quotes
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “A positive attitude and a sense of humor go together like biscuits and gravy.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know that I’m not blonde.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “When I meet someone, I look at their eyes and their smile and seek out the good first – it’s easy to find when you’re looking for it. You let a person shine with their own light and try to connect it to yours. As soon as I say hello, I go right to that light and I don’t care who you are! I know we’re all pieces of the same thing – I go for that common light because I know it’s in all of us.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “If you’re feeling low, don’t despair. The sun has a sinking spell every night, but it comes back up every morning.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “When I wake up, I expect things to be good. If they’re not, then I try to set about trying to make them as good as I can ’cause I know I’m gonna have to live that day anyway. So why not try to make the most of it if you can? Some days, they pan out a little better than others, but you still gotta always just try.” ~ Dolly Parton
All about Dolly Parton’s net worth, and a quick look at his success
Dolly Parton has multiple talents. She is a famous singer, lyricist, actress, and businesswoman.
She has written and compiled more than 3,000 songs during her career spanning over six decades and has won numerous awards, such as Grammy Awards, Country Music Association Awards, and American Music Awards along with being nominated for two Academy Awards.
As of 2021, Dolly Parton’s net worth is $650 Million.