These urgency quotes will inspire you. Urgency is the quality or state of requiring immediate action or attention or importance requiring swift action.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging urgency quotes, urgency sayings, and urgency proverbs.
Best Urgency Quotes
- “Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
- “We are now faced with the fact, my friends, that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.” ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
“A goal or decision without a deadline has no urgency. It has no real beginning or end.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “Being willing is not enough. We must do.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
- “We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there “is” such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A higher rate of urgency does not imply ever-present panic, anxiety, or fear. It means a state in which complacency is virtually absent.” ~ John P. Kotter
- “Though we are optimistic, we must remain vigilant and maintain a sense of urgency.” ~ Jeff Bezos
“Move fast. A sense of urgency is the one thing you can develop that will separate you from everyone else. When you get a good idea, do it now.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “You don’t have as much time as you think you do. You got to operate like there’s a sense of urgency!” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Whatever your goal in life, unless you develop a great urgency, what could be near will be far away.” ~ Jaggi Vasudev
- “People who bring transformative change have courage, know how to re-frame the problem and have a sense of urgency.” ~ Malcolm Gladwell
- “To the extent I can, I try to maintain a laser focus on what needs to get done from a priority standpoint. And not just from an urgency standpoint, but from a value-added standpoint. So where can I add the most value? Where is my time best spent?” ~ Ivanka Trump
“We have to live life with a sense of urgency so not a minute is wasted.” ~ Les Brown
- “Develop a sense of urgency in your life.” ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “When we fight upstream against a rocky undercurrent, every foothold takes on a kind of urgency.” ~ Arthur Golden
- “We live in an almost perfect stillness and work with incredible urgency.” ~ Rem Koolhaas , Urgency quotes for work
- “Politics is the science of urgencies.” ~ Theodore Parker
“The sense of urgency has almost completely vanished.” ~ Cleve Jones
- “I just think we want to stay healthy, and I don’t think we think about a sense of urgency. We realize how old we are, we realize we’ve been playing this game for a long time, but you know what? We’re not done yet.” ~ Karl Malone
- “I wasn’t at all focused on school, and I didn’t achieve much. But I’ve got a sense of urgency now. I feel I can’t let any more time waste away.” ~ Robert Pattinson
- “There is such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “In the ever-accelerating world of the Internet, e-campaigning has gone from a novelty to a necessity in less than a year. With increasing sophistication and urgency, campaigns are using the Web as a bulletin board, advertising medium and organizing tool.” ~ Howard Fineman
“Now let us begin. Now let us rededicate ourselves to the long and bitter – but beautiful – struggle for a new world.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “What the Super Bowl did for us was give us a sense of urgency.” ~ George Jackson
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
- “Dream audaciously. Have the courage to fail forward. Act with urgency.” ~ Phil Knight
- “I love children and I get along with them great. It’s just that I believe if you’re going to be a parent, there has to be something inside you that says, ‘I want a family.’ I don’t feel that sense of urgency.” ~ George Clooney
“In everyday life there is always manana. There is no urgency” ~ Mark Spitz
- “Recent warming coincides with rapid growth of human-made greenhouse gases. The observed rapid warming gives urgency to discussions about how to slow greenhouse gas emissions.” ~ James Hansen
- “I think, at the L.A. County Museum of Art, I saw my first example of Kerry James Marshall, who had a very sort of heroic, oversized painting of black men in a barbershop. But it was painted on the same level and with the same urgency that you would see in a grand-scale [Anthony] van Dyck or [Diego] Velazquez. The composition was classically informed; the painting technique was masterful. And it was something that really inspired me because, you know, these were images of young, black men in painting on the museum walls of one of the more sanctified and sacred institutions in Los Angeles.” ~ Kehinde Wiley
- “We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Every time I fail, I assume I will be a stronger person for it. I keep on running figuratively and literally, despite a limp that gets more noticeable with each passing season, because for me there has always been a place to go and a terrible urgency to get there.” ~ Joan Benoit
“Urgency and vision are the twin pillars on which humanity’s hope now hangs.” ~ Christopher Flavin
- “History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.” ~ Thurgood Marshall
- “We ourselves are imbued with urgency, yet the message of our society is’ that there is no viable alternative to the present.” ~ Tom Hayden
- “Because many advances have happened, we’ve lost the urgency (and that’s just human nature) that we had before, when we couldn’t vote, couldn’t use mass transportation, or drink from the fountains.” ~ Spike Lee
- “One could say nothing to nobody. The urgency of the moment always missed its mark. Words fluttered sideways and struck the object inches too low. Then one gave it up; then the idea sunk back again; then one became like most middle-aged people, cautious, furtive, with wrinkles between the eyes and a look of perpetual apprehension. For how could one express in words these emotions of the body? express that emptiness there?” ~ Virginia Woolf
“In the not-for-profit world, there can be wastefulness because there’s not the desperate urgency of when you’re on a clock.” ~ Twyla Tharp
- “I have a piano in my living room that I mess around on a little bit and when I asked Len if I could find a piece of music, I went through a **** load of classical music to find something that I felt had a certain urgency to it, but also with a hint of melancholia and maybe a sense of longing. I found that which is public domain and I had a piano teacher to go through it with me.” ~ Colin Farrell
- “Throughout all of human history we’ve enjoyed certain benign circumstances: an envelope of atmosphere, an envelope of temperature. A kind of resilience that if you cut down trees, then they’ll grow back. You take fish, they recover. You put stuff into the atmosphere that you know is not good for us, but we can still breathe. We haven’t awakened, generally, to the sense of urgency that does exist.” ~ Sylvia Earle
- “The best stories you usually hear are stories that people feel some type of urgency about.” ~ Etgar Keret
- “The need for comprehensive reform must not blind us to the urgency of addressing the massive debt that’s already crushing our young people.” ~ Elizabeth Warren
“If our dreams could edit the news (and sometimes our nightmares) these poems are how they’d wake us up to the urgency of our times.” ~ Betsy Sholl
- “The clock ticked with empty urgency, as though trying to catch up with the time. In the street a siren howled.” ~ Ralph Ellison
- “To some of us, hunger was more academic than real, but we must try to develop the ability to feel the urgency of such a situation.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Hip-hop is the streets. Hip-hop is a couple of elements that it comes from back in the days… that feel of music with urgency that speaks to you. It speaks to your livelihood and it’s not compromised. It’s blunt. It’s raw, straight off the street – from the beat to the voice to the words.” ~ Nas
- “America faces many challenges…but the enemy I fear most is complacency. We are about to be hit by the full force of global competition. If we continue to ignore the obvious task at hand while others beat us at our own game, our children and grandchildren will pay the price. We must now establish a sense of urgency.” ~ Charles M. Vest
“When you love people, you give them a priority. You have a sense of urgency about their pain.” ~ Cornel West
- “There’s a sense of urgency in understanding that your body is not really your own. We can control it to a certain extent through habits and good behavior, but there’s so much we don’t have control of.” ~ Sufjan Stevens
- “We are being called into realization with great urgency and extraordinary beauty, and oftentimes not without difficulty.” ~ Judith Hanson Lasater
- “When you have a little bit more of a threat, I guess you just have a better sense of urgency, and for me that’s when the best comes out in me” ~ Jake Ellenberger
“We must do more and with more urgency to empower women.” ~ Judith Rodin
- “We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient characteristic of life is its urgency, ‘here and now’ without any possible postponement. Life is fired at us point-blank.” ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset
- “There is no English equivalent for the French word flâneur. Cassell’s dictionary defines flâneur as a stroller, saunterer, drifter but none of these terms seems quite accurate. There is no English equivalent for the term, just as there is no Anglo-Saxon counterpart of that essentially Gallic individual, the deliberately aimless pedestrian, unencumbered by any obligation or sense of urgency, who, being French and therefore frugal, wastes nothing, including his time which he spends with the leisurely discrimination of a gourmet, savoring the multiple flavors of his city.” ~ Cornelia Otis Skinner
- “Speaker Boehner needs to understand the urgency for reform. Until the House passes a bill that includes a pathway to citizenship, we will continue to be in the streets, at town hall meetings and on the phones, demanding justice for the 11 million aspiring Americans in our country.” ~ Eliseo Medina
- “There are nations that resist, voices that attempt to diminish the urgency or dismiss the science, or declare, either in word or indifference, that this is not our problem to solve. Well, let me tell you, it is our problem to solve… To the reticent nations, including the United States, I say this: There is such a thing as a global conscience.” ~ Paul Martin
“There’s a certain urgency that comes from the records of the early 60s before overdubbing and multitracking came into play.” ~ Justin Townes Earle
- “The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown. This ‘outgrowing’, as I formerly called it, on further experience was seen to consist in a new level of consciousness. Some higher or wider interest arose on the person’s horizon, and through this widening of view, the insoluble problem lost its urgency. It was not solved logically in its own terms, but faded out when confronted with a new and stronger life-tendency.” ~ Carl Jung
- “Some people live their lives as if each day will be their last. Some approach love the same way, in a desperate attempt to outrun the tiny changes
or huge ones that are always looming on each of our horizons. But the sense of urgency that comes from wanting to experience life and love to the
fullest can force decisions that are not always in your best interests or anyone else’s, for that matter. In fact, sometimes facing the consequences of
your choices can be even worse than death. You may live only once, but you don’t necessarily want it to feel like forever.” ~ Tonya Hurley
“The urgency for reducing climate emissions is too great. We must take our collective experience and use it toward making green design a part of all design.” ~ Ian Shapiro
- “If we do not respect ourselves, we are on the one hand forced to despise those who have so few resources as to consort with us, so little perception as to remain blind to our fatal weaknesses. On the other, we are peculiarly in thrall to everyone we see, curiously determined to live out — since our self-image is untenable — their false notions of us… We play roles doomed to failure before they are begun, each defeat generating fresh despair at the urgency of divining and meeting the next demand made upon us.” ~ Joan Didion
- “But, you may ask, if the two departments [i.e., federal and state] should claim each the same subject of power, where is the common umpire to decide ultimately between them? In cases of little importance or urgency, the prudence of both parties will keep them aloof from the questionable ground; but if it can neither be avoided nor compromised, a convention of the States must be called to ascribe the doubtful power to that department which they may think best.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
- “[A] new generation, innocent of the divisions of the Cold War, this coming-of-age. … If its members do not feel the urgency to escape the nuclear danger that some of its parents felt, neither has it developed the deep attachment to nuclear arms also often found among their parents, including most of the governing class. … The call for abolition should therefore be, among other things, a call from an older generation to younger one.” ~ Jonathan Schell