Floyd Mayweather Net Worth 2021
What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth? Floyd Mayweather net worth comes from his professional boxing career.
Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. is an American professional boxing promoter and former professional boxer.
Floyd Mayweather Net Worth
US$ 450 Million
44 (born February 24, 1977)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Floyd Mayweather was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan on February 24, 1977. His father before him was also a fighter. Welterweight competitor. Not only was his father a professional boxer, but his uncles Jeff and Roger as well.
You could say, it was Floyd’s destiny to become a fighter. It was in his blood, his DNA. Since he was young, he had a passion for boxing. And even when he thought he should get a job, his family asked him to continue training.
Floyd’s upbringing was difficult. His mother was a drug addict, and his father was imprisoned for drug smuggling. He would often come home and find heroin needles outside his home. It was his uncle Roger who trained him and helped him on his way to fight professionally.
Mayweather had an exceptional career, and the number of accomplishments he was able to achieve had reached a legendary level.
Before competing in the major leagues, he fought as an amateur. Floyd’s amateur record was 86-8. That record ended in 1996 when he stepped up to fight professionally, entering the super featherweight division in October.
He also fought in the lightweight, lightweight, middleweight, and lightweight divisions.
Mayweather is one of the world’s most popular “pay-per-view” attractions and has been included in Forbes’ list of highest-paid athletes every year since 2012.
In 2007, he founded Mayweather Promotions, a company that promotes boxing fights. It made sense that it would be the next step in his career, and 10 years later, he had an incredibly successful company that allowed him to continue earning a living after hanging up the gloves.
Floyd Mayweather’s net worth in 2021 is $450 Million.
Few Floyd Mayweather Facts
- His father and two uncles, Jeff and Roger Mayweather were also boxers – Roger even won two world championships
- He often left the movies or a dinner with family or friends to jog back home – he even worked out at 2 am for a psychological edge. Now that’s a commitment
- ‘Pretty Boy’ was his nickname back in his amateur boxer because he got significantly fewer cuts and bruises because of his amazing defensive techniques. He recorded 84 wins to 6 losses back in his amateur days
- He won the ‘National Golden Gloves Championship’ in 1993, 1994, and 1996. He was also the ‘National Police Athletic League Championship’ and United States Champion’ in 1995
- At only 19 years old, Mayweather won a bronze medal in the featherweight division of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. He became the first U.S boxer in 20 years to win over a Cuban boxer
- Mayweather experienced his first knockout on May 26, 2001, in the sixth round of a 12 round unanimous win over Carlos Hermandez to defend his title
Top Floyd Mayweather Quotes
- “If you work good, you’re gonna get paid very well for it. Simple as that, that’s how life goes. If you work hard, you’re gonna get good results. If you talk baloney, you’re gonna be at the bottom with a bunch of people that’s at the bottom.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Tough times do not last, tough people, do.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Everybody is blessed with a certain talent, you have to know what that talent is, you have to maximize it and push it to the limit.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Showing is better than telling.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “You have good days and you have bad days, but the main thing is to grow mentally.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “To be the best, you have to work overtime.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Never cry. Never complain. Just work.” – Floyd Mayweather