These helping hand quotes will inspire you. Helping hand, help, or assistance.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging helping hand quotes, helping hand sayings, and helping hand proverbs.
Best Helping Hand Quotes
- “You never know when a helping hand will change another person’s entire life.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Kindness is one of the greatest gifts you can bestow upon another. If someone is in need, lend them a helping hand. Do not wait for a thank you. True kindness lies within the act of giving without the expectation of something in return.” ~ Katharine Hepburn , Helping hand quotes in need
- “The only way you can serve God is by serving other people.” ~ Rick Warren
“Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.” ~ Swami Vivekananda
- “Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light.” ~ Norm Rice
- “There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.” ~ Helen Keller
- “Helping hands are better than Praying Lips” ~ Mother Teresa
“Life is too short not to create, not to love, and not to lend a helping hand to our brothers and sisters.” ~ Eric Maisel
- “The happiest people I’ve ever met, regardless of their profession, their social standing, or their economic status, are people that are fully engaged in the world around them. The most fulfilled people are the ones who get up every morning and stand for something larger than themselves. They are the people who care about others, who will extend a helping hand to someone in need or will speak up about an injustice when they see it.” ~ Wilma Mankiller
- “We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say “It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.” Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.” ~ Fred Rogers
- “No amount of prayer or meditation can do what helping others can do.” ~ Meher Baba
“The highest test of the civilization of any race is in its willingness to extend a helping hand to the less fortunate.” ~ Booker T. Washington
- “Helping others is like helping yourself.” ~ Henry Flagler
- “There are only four kinds of people in the world – those who have been caregivers, those who are caregivers, those who will be caregivers and those who will need caregivers.” ~ Rosalynn Carter
- “It is hard to feel bad about yourself when you are doing something good for someone else. There are a lot of ways to lift your self-esteem, but making a positive difference in another’s life has got to be my best leadership guidance. Serving others and working to add value to them will lift your spirits in a way that nothing else will. Trust me on this one.” ~ John C. Maxwell
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “The difference between a helping hand and an outstretched palm is a twist of the wrist.” ~ Laurence Leamer
- “I don’t want to live in the kind of world where we don’t look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I can’t change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.” ~ Charles de Lint
“Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray.” ~ Sai Baba
- “For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.” ~ Sam Levenson
- “We work on ourselves in order to help others, but also we help others in order to work on ourselves.” ~ Pema Chodron
- “May we help more than we hurt, may we seek to understand more than be understood and may we love more than we judge.” ~ Cory Booker
“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.” ~ Jesse Jackson
- “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
- “Those who influenced me the most are not those who pointed out all my faults, but those who knew God was bigger than my shortcomings. Those who influenced me the most didn’t just point a finger, they held out a helping hand.” ~ Phil Callaway
- “If you ever need a helping hand, it is at the end of your arm. As you get older you must remember you have a second hand. The first one is to help yourself. The second hand is to help others.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
“I can think of no greater God-given responsibility we have than that of extending a helping hand to our fellow man.” ~ Conrad Hilton
- “Our friends should be companions who inspire us, who help us rise to our best.” ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Never point a finger where you never lent a hand.” ~ Robert Breault
- “I’m not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.” ~ Abdul Kalam
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” ~ Anne Frank
- “It will not bother me in the hour of death to reflect that I have been “had for a sucker” by any number of imposters but it would be a torment to know that one had refused even one person in need.” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “I need someone who believes that the sun will rise again but who does not fear my darkness. Someone who can point out the rocks in my way without making me a child by carrying me. Someone who can stand in thunder and watch the lightning and believe in a rainbow.” ~ Joe Mahoney
- “You cannot wait for someone to save you, to help you, to complete you. No one can complete you. You complete yourself.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
“It’s much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why? Because it is easier to give someone the finger than a helping hand.” ~ Mike Royko
- “My values, our values, aren’t about pointing fingers. They are about offering a helping hand.” ~ Kathleen Blanco
- “The best ideas are the honest ones. Ones born out of personal experience. Ones that originated to help a few but ended up helping many.” ~ Simon Sinek
- “A Christian is: a mind through which Christ thinks, a heart through which Christ loves, a voice through which Christ speaks, and a hand through which Christ helps.” ~ Saint Augustine
“Heal the world! Stop the hate. Lend a helping hand to those in need.” ~ Michael Jackson
- “Go out there and swear to this world your oath, not with your words, but with what you do. Not with your hand over your heart, but with your hand outstretched to a world that desperately needs your hand, your help, your insights, your creativity, your honor, your courage. It needs you.” ~ Cory Booker
- “If you follow your heart, if you listen to your gut, and if you extend your hand to help another, not for any agenda, but for the sake of humanity, you are going to find the truth.” ~ Erin Brockovich
- “God made the world with a heart full of love,
Then He looked down from Heaven above,
And saw that we all need a helping hand,
Someone to share with, who’ll understand.
He made special people to see us through
The glad times and the sad times, too;
A person on whom we can always depend,
Someone we can call a friend.
God made friends so we’ll carry a part
Of His perfect love in all our hearts.” ~ Khalil Gibran , Friendship helping hand quotes
“When we really see each other, we want to help each other.” ~ Amanda Palmer
- “The child needs a helping hand or he’ll grow up to be an angry young man some day.” ~ Elvis Presley
- “Love is not patronizing and charity isn’t about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same — with charity you give love, so don’t just give money but reach out your hand instead.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said, ‘Remember, my son, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm.'” ~ Sam Levenson
“The really important kind of freedom involves…being able truly to care about other people…” ~ David Foster
- “If you’re in trouble, or hurt or need – go to the poor people. They’re the only ones that’ll help – the only ones.” ~ John Steinbeck
- “True faith, a simple life, a helping hand- the three things prized most in Heaven.” ~ Frederick Buechner
- “I believe that every human being should try to do good for someone else. There are so many different ways to do it. My art can be an instrument for helping people… What a good feeling – that I can do that with my art.” ~ Romero Britto
- “We should practice by showing one another love and helping one another. It is a mistake to pursue happiness and to seek to the avoid suffering by deceiving and humiliating other people. We must try to achieve happiness and eliminate suffering by being good-hearted and well-behaved.” ~ Dalai Lama
“It’s really important for people who are HIV positive to reach out to let other people know that they can be tested, they can find out they can still live a life — a positive life, a happy life.” ~ Laura Bush
- “God lends a helping hand to the man who tries hard.” ~ Aeschylus , Lend a helping hand quotes
- “It is a denial of justice not to stretch out a helping hand to the fallen that is the common right of humanity.” ~ Seneca the Younger
- “It is our duty to prefer the service of the poor to everything else and to offer such service as quickly as possible. If a needy person requires medicine or other help during prayer time, do whatever has to be done with peace of mind. Offer the deed to God as your prayer…. Charity is certainly greater than any rule. Moreover, all rules must lead to charity.” ~ St. Vincent
- “Cynicism is just an excuse for not helping.” ~ Marianne Williamson
“The impersonal hand of government can never replace the helping hand of a neighbor.” ~ Hubert H. Humphrey
- “As believers, we are running the race together. We are connected by our faith in God and our love for the world that He sent Christ to save. So if one gets weak, we carry them. We aren’t called to stop moving forward. We aren’t called to criticize each other. No, we are called to encourage each other, to reach down and carry each other, and to keep moving.” ~ Jesse Duplantis
- “This is part of what a family is about, not just love. It’s knowing that your family will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that. Not money. Not fame. Not work.” ~ Mitch Albom
- “If you haven’t time to help youngsters find the right way in life, somebody with more time will help them find the wrong way.” ~ Frank A. Clark
“I count myself really fortunate that I have some lifelong friends. The best thing about a friend is when you are being your own worst enemy a friend can help snap you out of it.” ~ Amy Grant
- “Food is strength, and food is peace, and food is freedom, and food is a helping hand to people around the world whose good will and friendship we want.” ~ John F. Kennedy
- “When we follow our bliss, we are met by a thousand unseen helping hands.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- “In times of tragedies, our duty is to lend a helping hand to those in grief and thus light lamps of kindness and compassion.” ~ Mata Amritanandamayi