Theodor Seuss “Ted” Geisel was an American children’s author, political cartoonist, illustrator, poet, animator, screenwriter, and filmmaker. He is known for his work writing and illustrating more than 60 books under the pen name Doctor Seuss (Dr. Seuss). His work includes many of the most popular children’s books of all time, selling over 600 million copies and being translated into more than 20 languages by the time of his death. Dr Seuss quotes about love, reading, teachers, learning will inspire you.
Best Dr Seuss Quotes
- “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Being crazy isn’t enough.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss, Dr Seuss quotes about love
- “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!” ―
- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” ― Dr. Seuss
“How did it get so late so soon?” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You’ll be on your way up!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll join the high fliers
who soar to high heights.” ―
- “All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “They say I’m old-fashioned and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “I meant what I said and I said what I meant.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” ― Dr. Seuss
“Only you can control your future.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “So the writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Think and wonder, wonder and think.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “To the world, you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness, how the time has flown. How did it get so late so soon?” ― Dr. Seuss
- “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You are you that is truer than true” ― Dr.Suess
- “You have to be a speedy reader because there’s so so much to read.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “It is better to know how to learn than to know.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!” ― Dr. Seuss
“Be awesome! Be a book nut!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” ― Dr. Seuss
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!” ―
- “Oh, the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “There’s no limit to how much you’ll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You can find magic
wherever you look.
Sit back and relax,
all you need is a book.” ―
- “If you’d never been born, then you might be an Isn’t! An Isn’t has no fun at all. No, he disn’t.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” ― Dr. Seuss
“Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun But you have to know how.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “If you want to catch beasts you don’t see every day,
You have to go places quite out of the way,
You have to go places no others can get to.
You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ―
- “Sometimes you will never know the value of something until it becomes a memory.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.” ― Dr. Seuss,
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss, Dr Seuss quotes about teachers
- “ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, ‘Act swiftly awesome pachyderm!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Poor empty pants With nobody inside them.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “I’m afraid that sometimes you’ll play lonely games too. Games you can’t win ’cause you’ll play against you.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful one-hundred percent!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how.” ―
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, Dr Seuss Quotes about learning