Denis E. Waitley, is an American motivational speaker, writer, and consultant. He has been recognized as the best-selling author of the audio series, The Psychology of Winning and books such as “Seeds of Greatness” and “The Winner’s Edge”. Waitley has been inducted into the International Speakers’ Hall of Fame. These Denis Waitley quotes will motivate you.
Best Denis Waitley Quotes
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong.
Instead, focus on what to do next.
Spend your energies on moving forward
toward finding the answer.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ~ Denis Waitley
“The two greatest fear busters are knowledge and action” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” ~ Denis Waitley, Denis Waitley quotes on happiness
- “If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t.
Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Habits are like comfortable beds. They are easy to get into, but difficult to get out of.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “All of the top achievers I know are life-long learners. Looking for new skills, insights, and ideas. If they’re not learning, they’re not growing and not moving toward excellence.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Real power comes by empowering others.” ~ Denis Waitley
“A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “When you are in the valley, keep your goal firmly in view and you will get the renewed energy to continue the climb.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “No gift can ever replace the value of being there in person.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Most people spend their entire lives on a fantasy island called ‘Someday I’ll.'” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Always give more in service, than you receive in payment, and customers will beat a path to your door.” ~ Denis Waitley
“The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “The truly successful person inspires others to do more than they have thought possible for themselves.” ~ Denis Waitley
- Be a role model, not a critic. Don’t tell your children, your peers, or your subordinates what to do – show them. And when the lesson is over, keep showing them by demonstrating that your actions are part of your character, not part of their curriculum.~ Denis Waitley
- Make certain that your goals are not measured in comparison with others.
Success is a process that continues, not a status that you reach. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience. ~ Denis Waitley
“Success is a process that continues, not a status that you reach. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is a delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Learn how to grow out of yourself and into the world of others: Plant a shade tree under which you know you will never sit. Set some goals that may benefit your children or an orphanage or the employees of your company or future generations or your own city, fifty years from now.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Real motivation is that drive from within: You know where you are going because you have a compelling image inside, not a travel poster on the wall.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “The five most important words a leader can speak are – ‘I am proud of you’
The four most important are – ‘What is your opinion?’
The three most important are – ‘If you please’
The two most important are – ‘Thank You’
And the most important single word of all is – ‘You'” ~ Denis Waitley
“You are your own scriptwriter and the play is never finished, no matter what your age or position in life.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can’t buy more hours. Scientists can’t invent new minutes. And you can’t save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” ~ Denis Waitley
“Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Close your eyes and visualize the person you really want to be, who fits your own concepts of self-respect. If you can see the person clearly in the mirror of your mind, you surely will become that person.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Don’t wait for mentors to seek you out. Don’t ever wait for your phone calls to be returned, your letters to be answered, your faxes to be responded to. Keep going out and asking questions.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, learn about them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.” ~ Denis Waitley