These character assassination quotes will inspire you. Character assassination is harming someone’s good reputation in a way that can be harmful to the person. Character assassination is not only hurting your own reputation, but also the people around your life. Character assassination is a form of self-sabotage and it can lead to serious consequences.
Character assassination is when you do something that makes others feel bad about themselves or their actions.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging character assassination quotes, character assassination sayings, and character assassination proverbs.
Best Character Assassination Quotes
- “I’ve been forced to deal with my character assassination.” ~ Sean Young
- “Character assassination is at once easier and surer than physical assault, and it involves far less risk for the assassin. It leaves him free to commit the same deed over and over again, and may, indeed, win him the honors of a hero in the country of his victims.” ~ Alan Barth
- “Inside many liberals is a totalitarian screaming to get out. They don’t like to have another point of view in the room that they don’t squash and the way they try to squash it is by character assassination and name-calling.” ~ David Horowitz
“How damaging is a habit that permits faultfinding, character assassination, and the sharing of malicious rumors! Gossip and caustic comments often create chains of contention.” ~ Marvin J. Ashton
- “Too often character assassination has replaced debate in principle here in Washington. Destroy someone’s reputation, and you don’t have to talk about what he stands for.” ~ Ronald Reagan
- “It must be remembered that the Bush White House has a separate talent for character assassination that must not be confused with a talent for governance.” ~ Richard Dreyfuss
- “Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country – and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians.” ~ Charles Krauthammer
“We pledge to fight the dark forces high in the counsels of the Republican Party which have made political capital out of the techniques of character assassination by innuendo.” ~ Emanuel Celler
- “I had to learn early on that where conservatives are concerned, the truth about them is the last thing anybody wants to report. It’s the lies and distortions, the mischaracterizations, the character assassinations, that people want to report.” ~ Rush Limbaugh
- “I am acquainted with a wife and mother who is chained securely at the present time to a lifestyle of murmuring and criticism. She is the first to point out faults in her husband or to repeat neighborhood gossip. How damaging is a habit that permits fault-finding, character assassination, and the sharing of malicious rumors! Gossip and caustic comments often create chains of contention. These chains may appear to be very small, but what misery and woe they can cause!” ~ Marvin J. Ashton
“The Senate has been debased to the level of a forum of hate and character assassination sheltered by the shield of congressional immunity.” ~ Margaret Chase Smith
- “The campaign of character assassination waged [against President Clinton] by the right was a singular, unprecedented effort. Nothing like it exists on the left. What I object to on the right is the obsessive hatred, the bigotry, and the personal savaging of their opponents, all achieved through an echo chamber of talk radio, the Internet, and Rupert Murdoch’s media outlets. That kind of well-funded disinformation campaign has no analog on the left.” ~ David Brock
- “I wish to note that the level of discourse in Nigeria is abysmally low, and, usually, garnished with character assassination. We allow our personal frustrations to becloud reason” ~ Dele Momodu
- “While I wanted to be supportive of Kanye [west] on the phone call, you cannot ‘approve’ a song you haven’t heard. Being falsely painted as a liar when I was never given the full story or played any part of the song is character assassination.” ~ Taylor Swift
Character assassination is the slandering of a person usually with the intention of destroying public confidence in that person.