These spoof quotes will inspire you. Spoof, a humorous imitation of something, typically a film or a particular genre of film, in which its characteristic features are exaggerated for comic effect.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging spoof quotes, spoof sayings, and spoof proverbs.
Best Spoof Quotes
- “I kind of did this thing in high school, a spoof of ‘Sweeney Todd’ called ‘Shirley Todd,’ and I had a great time doing that.” ~ Chris Colfer
- “I would love to do a comedy spoof, like a Spinal Tap kind of thing.” ~ Matthew McGrory
- “I’m also doing a special for Comedy Central called Autobiography. It’s going to be a spoof of Biography.” ~ Kathy Griffin
- “Then my first film was something called Cannibal Girls, which sounds like a horror movie but was actually kind of a goofy comedy with horror elements. Like a horror spoof.” ~ Ivan Reitman
“Every spoof gives more power to the original.” ~ Shepard Fairey
- “Recently I danced in a video spoof of the song ‘Gangnam Style,’ and it was quickly banned across multiple Chinese online video platforms. But the story still traveled all over the world, carried in hundreds of international media reports.” ~ Ai Weiwei
- “Yes, it’s true, I’ve been called the Laurence Olivier of spoofs. I guess that would make Laurence Olivier the Leslie Nielsen of Shakespeare.” ~ Leslie Nielsen
- “I lose tons of stuff on the cutting room floor. For Scary Movie 3, for example, we had a lot of Matrix spoofs, a Hulk scene, and some of that stuff just doesn’t hold up – it’s too much plot, audiences just didn’t want to hear about it.” ~ David Zucker
- “It’s a sort of piss-take on culture because a drag queen is a clown – a parody of our society. It’s a sarcastic spoof on culture, which allows us to laugh at ourselves – but in a way that is inclusive of everyone.” ~ RuPaul
“We feel like we are using the East Side to kind of spoof what everybody thinks is cool.” ~ Harry Elfont
- “My agent came to me with a deal from another publisher and I signed a deal and got the advance with no idea of what I was going to do. I probably procrastinated for almost a year, but we had meetings and I was basically going to spoof “Take Ivy,” but then it kind of turned into something else. I wanted it to be a book of all the things that made me who I am, like Brooks Brothers, Hot Wheels, “The Andy Griffith Show” and G.I. Joes. I couldn’t sit still and do it, so my agent had to come to my house and force me to do it.” ~ Mark McNairy
- “I don’t want to do something where I play a kid in a school. And I don’t understand these spoof movies.” ~ Ed Westwick
- “In every spoof, I make real love to the things I am spoofing.” ~ Mel Brooks