Robert John Downey Jr. is an American actor, producer, and singer. His career has been characterized by critical and popular success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, before a resurgence of commercial success in middle age. These Robert Downey Jr quotes will motivate you in life.
Best Robert Downey Jr Quotes
- “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Listen, smile, agree, then do whatever you were going to do anyway.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I don’t need an Iron Man suit. I’m already a weapon of mass seduction.” – Robert Downey Jr., Robert Downey Jr quotes on iron man
- “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“Worrying is like praying for something you don’t want to happen.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I know who I am. I’m a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I think that we all do heroic things, but the hero is not a noun, it’s a verb.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “To me, friendship means loving tolerance.” ~ Robert Downey Jr.
- “Nothing will serve you better than a strong work ethic. Nothing. And it’s something that you can’t teach. You have to be thrown into it, where you’re going to sink or swim. It’s amazing how self-correcting and how clarifying a good, hard, shitty job can be. Because at the end of the day, any profession I’ve seen anybody in when you peer behind the curtains of Oh, wouldn’t that be a great job? Wow, what an amazing thing, a philanthropic endeavor! it really just comes down to It’s a f**king grind.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“I just think it’s good to be confident. If I’m not on my team why should anybody else be?” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “The old saying is true, behind every good man there an incredible woman.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I think life changes every year. This is just a little more comfortable.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Look, even bad years are pretty good years I think.” – Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
- “It’s hard to get out of the barrel. It’s slippery around the edges and people are happy to see you fall back in.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I don’t like words coming out of a character’s mouth that I adore because not only is he a little bit duplicitous but he’s kind of practice in the way he thinks, and he thinks in terms of everyone’s humanity and how quickly we can go against what we think we meant when we said it or what we believe or blah, blah, blah.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I’m a soldier who didn’t know how nasty the battle was going to be, and now, I’ve got a purple heart and I’m back.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest.” Robert Downey Jr
- “There are some parents who have really done it right and told their kid, ‘You know, we have this dough, none of this is for you. You have to get your own.” – Robert Downey Jr. Quotes
- “The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I would say that among my many huge emotional miscalculations was my taking a film career for granted. It is the most awesome privilege to be able to use one’s imagination and wit, physicality, and musicality, conscious brain and unconscious instinct in the service of a work that has a chance to move and excite and amuse and delight people all over the world, including long after we’re dead. What a noble calling! And I felt it was just there for me as a kind of given, some sort of inherited birthright-when, in reality, it’s the most magnificent luxury.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“I think it’s miraculous that anybody survives themselves.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Everyone has a story, and the story changes, and the more I can root into the truth of things – it’s so hard – I don’t think anyone ever really puts it all together. But somewhere along the way, it all became fused.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “If you’re anything like me there are days when you’re convinced you to know more than everyone around you. Which is often confirmed by your interactions with people.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “If I was a lawyer, I’d be my own best client.”
- “I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“If I was a Pokemon, I’ll either be a Psyduck or a Jigglypuff.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Growing up is something that you do your whole life. I want to always feel that I can be a kid if I want. Growing up has some negative connotations. Like, you’re not supposed to roll around on the ground anymore. You’re not supposed to make fun of yourself. You’re not supposed to ride a bicycle. But I’m a Toys-R-Us kid.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I don’t think I’m in any position to give anybody advice about anything.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “It’s like I have a loaded gun in my mouth and I like the taste of metal” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I need a lot of support… Life is really hard, and I don’t see some active benevolent force out there. I see it as basically a really cool survival game. You get on the right side of the tracks, and you now are actually working with what some people would call magic.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Give me a scotch, I’m starving.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“I’m an actor, a husband, a father of two, and a full-time Avenger.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “There’s somewhere you’re supposed to go, and if you get quiet enough, you’ll make it.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “You have to let go of the things that are darling to you. You have to take the focus off yourself and put it on the shape of the scene and the intention of what everyone else needs.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I just don’t like big guys who speak cryptically and act like they understand the language better than me.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Job one is getting out of that cave. A lot of people do get out but don’t change.” – Robert Downey Jr.
“I make faces for cash and chicken.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I remember when people said, “Man, that’s a powerful scene in the movie!” and I was like, “We just shot this thing before lunch, I don’t know, he tears a log apart, I said some words”.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Worrying is like praying for something you don’t want to happen. I have such an overwhelming sense that if you’re in the right state of heart, the next right thing appears to you.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “My old man had a philosophy: peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I take some pride in… representing myself exactly how I would like to have my son remember me to his kids.” – Robert Downey Jr.