These stillness quotes will inspire you. Stillness, silence; quiet; hush.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging stillness quotes, stillness sayings, and stillness proverbs.
Best Stillness Quotes
- “Within you there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself” ~ Hermann Hesse
- “Look at a tree, a flower, a plant. Let your awareness rest upon it. How still they are, how deeply rooted in Being. Allow nature to teach you stillness.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- “Let us leave a little room for reflection in our lives, room too for silence. Let us look within ourselves and see whether there is some delightful hidden place inside where we can be free of noise and argument. Let us hear the Word of God in stillness and perhaps we will then come to understand it.” ~ Saint Augustine
“True intelligence operates silently. Stillness is where creativity and solutions to problems are found.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “In stillness, the muddied water returns to clarity.” ~ Laozi
- “In the stillness of the quiet, if we listen, we can hear the whisper of the heart giving strength to weakness, courage to fear, hope to despair.” ~ Howard Thurman , Strength in stillness quotes
- “Stillness is not the absence or negation of energy, life, or movement. Stillness is dynamic. It is unconflicted movement, life in harmony with itself, skill in action. It can be experienced whenever there is total, uninhibited, unconflicted participation in the moment you are in—when you are wholeheartedly present with whatever you are doing.” ~ Erich Schiffmann
- “Be the silent watcher of your thoughts and behavior. You are beneath the thinker. You are the stillness beneath the mental noise. You are the love and joy beneath the pain.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.” ~ T. S. Eliot
- “My heart is tuned to the quietness that the stillness of nature inspires.” ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan , Nature stillness quotes
- “True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment, and refreshment.” ~ William Penn
- “All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness.” ~ Eckhart Tolle , Inner stillness quotes
- “In the inner stillness where meditation leads, the Spirit secretly anoints the soul and heals our deepest wounds.” ~ John of the Cross
“Do not take hold of a past that no longer serves you, but embrace the stillness that is right now.” ~ Michelle Cruz
- “Stillness is our most intense mode of action. It is in our moments of deep quiet that is born every idea, emotion, and drive which we eventually honor with the name of action. We reach highest in meditation, and farthest in prayer. In stillness every human being is great.” ~ Leonard Bernstein
- “Allow nature to teach you stillness.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “The only way to gain power in a world that is moving too fast is to learn to slow down. And the only way to spread one’s influence wide to learn how to go deep. The world we want for ourselves and our children will not emerge from electronic speed but rather from a spiritual stillness that takes root in our souls. Then, and only then, will we create a world that reflects the heart instead of shattering it.” ~ Marianne Williamson
- “Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness.” ~ Meister Eckhart
“The stillness in stillness is not the real stillness; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm manifest.” ~ Bruce Lee
- “Empty yourself of everything.
Let the mind become still.
The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self watches their return.
They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature.” ~ Laozi
- “Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don’t realize this because almost everyone is suffering from it, so it is considered normal. This incessant mental noise prevents you from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from Being.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “We have forgotten what rocks and plants still know – we have forgotten how to be – to be still – to be ourselves – to be where life is here and now” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “Alone-in moments of prayer or meditation, or simply in stillness-we breathe more deeply, see more fully, hear more keenly. We notice more, and in the process, we return to what is sacred.” ~ Katrina Kenison
“Wisdom comes with the ability to be still. Just look and listen. No more is needed.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “The greatest revelation is stillness.” ~ Laozi
- “It is the stillness that will save and transform the world.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “Love works miracles in stillness.” ~ Herbert Read
- “Slow is fast, gentle is powerful and stillness moves mountains” ~ Martha Beck
“Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” ~ Morgan Freeman
- “To meet everything and everyone through stillness instead of mental noise is the greatest gift you can offer the universe.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “Before making a great movement, stay motionless for a good while! If you give legs to the rocks, they will start running like crazy horses! Stillness accumulates liveliness; laziness accumulates industriousness; sleep accumulates motion!” ~ Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “When everything is moving and shifting, the only way to counteract chaos is stillness. When things feel extraordinary, strive for ordinary. When the surface is wavy, dive deeper for quieter waters.” ~ Kristin Armstrong
- “Let your mind and soul be at ease. Don’t grasp and grab for the magic and miracles. When you reside in that place of stillness, the joy, miracles, and magic you’re seeking will find you.” ~ Melody Beattie
“In peace, there’s nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility.” ~ William Shakespeare
- “Imagine that your mind is like a calm, clear lake or a vast empty sky: Ripples appear on the surface of the lake and clouds pass across the sky, but they soon disappear without altering the natural stillness.” ~ Kathleen McDonald
- “There is nothing mind can do that cannot be better done in the mind’s immobility and thought-free stillness. When mind is still, then truth gets her chance to be heard in the purity of the silence.” ~ Sri Aurobindo
- “The most sublime truth of all has never been stated or written or sung. Not because it is far away and can not be reached, but because it is so intimately close, closer than anything that can be spoken. It is alive as the stillness in the core of your being, too close to be described, too close to be objectified, too close to be known in the usual way of knowledge. The truth of who you are is yours already. It is already present.” ~ Gangaji
- “Wisdom comes with the ability to be still. Just look and just listen. No more is needed. Being still, looking, and listening activates the non-conceptual intelligence within you. Let stillness direct your words and actions.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” ~ Dorothea Lange
- “Meditation is the journey from sound to silence, from movement to stillness, from a limited identity to unlimited space.” ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “Comfort will never come to one who does not touch the stillness within himself.” ~ Jaggi Vasudev
- “True power is stillness within motion.” ~ Laozi
- “The seeker after stillness should be told that the stillness is always there. Indeed it is in every man. But he has to learn, first, to let it in and, second, how to do so. The first beginning of this is to remember. The second is to recognize the inward pull. For the rest, the stillness itself will guide and lead him to itself.” ~ Paul Brunton
“One’s action ought to come out of an achieved stillness: not to be a mere rushing on.” ~ D. H. Lawrence
- “Every time you create a gap in the stream of mind, the light of your consciousness grows stronger” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world. Your innermost sense of self, of who you are, is inseparable from stillness. This is the I Am that is deeper than name and form.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “Question your thoughts.
Question your stories.
Question your assumptions.
Question your opinions.
Question your conclusions.
Question them all into utter emptiness, stillness and joy.
The keys to freedom are in your hands.
Use them.” ~ Adyashanti
“Be still. Stillness reveals the secrets of eternity” ~ Laozi
- “There is a presence, a silence, a stillness which is here by itself. There is no doer of it, no creator of this stillness. It is simply here in you, with you. It is the fragrance of your own self. There is nothing to do about this, it is naturally present. This fragrance of peace, this spaciousness, it is the fragrance of your own being.” ~ Mooji
- “A mind that has come to the stillness of wisdom shall know being, shall know what it is to love. Love is neither personal nor impersonal. Love is love, not to be defined or described by the mind as exclusive or inclusive. Love is its own eternity; it is
- the real, the supreme, the immeasurable.” ~ Aldous Huxley
- “That’s what I think is the biggest challenge, is just being still and learning how to just be present in that stillness and not overdo it, not overact.” ~ Andy Serkis
“Your first daily priority should be stillness, attention to what you really know and what you really feel.” ~ Martha Beck
- “Stillness empowers. Being able to detach from all external stimulants – social media, social engagements, TV, alcohol, food, etc. – and face our own silence is an enormous luxury that should not be taken for granted. The most rewarding moments in my life have stemmed from such stillness.” ~ Romany Malco
- “On any given day, in any given moment, something could happen that opens up for you an entirely new path. Be still, be alert, be ready.” ~ Marianne Williamson
- “It is only with total humility, and in absolute stillness of mind that we can know what indeed we are.” ~ Wei Wu Wei
- “Whenever there is stillness there is the still small voice, God’s speaking from the whirlwind, nature’s old song, and dance.” ~ Annie Dillard
“That stillness and vastness that enables the Universe to be, is not just out there in space…it is also within you.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “Be still. it takes no effort to be still; it is utterly simple. When your mind is still, you have no name, you have no past, you have no relationships, you have no country, you have no spiritual attainment, you have no lack of spiritual attainment. There is just the presence of beingness with itself.” ~ Gangaji
- “To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank Here we will sit, and let the sounds of music Creep in our ears; soft stillness and the night Become the touches of sweet harmony” ~ William Shakespeare
- “No thought, no action, no movement, total stillness: only thus can one manifest the true nature and law of things from within and unconsciously, and at last become one with heaven and earth.” ~ Laozi
- “I feel that art has something to do with the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos. A stillness which characterizes prayer, too, and the eye of the storm. I think that art has something to do with an arrest of attention in the midst of distraction.” ~ Saul Bellow