Charity is the most generous thing we can do in our lives. A helping hand to those in need will always bless you. Don’t shy away from giving, price doesn’t matter. What matters is how big is your heart. These charity quotes will inspire you to give more in life because it will come back to you as a blessing.
Best Charity Quotes
- “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We must give more in order to get more. It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “For it is in giving that we receive.” – St. Francis of Assisi
- “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” – Ben Carson
- “It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.” – Albert Einstein
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
“Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” – Maya Angelou
- “The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” – Dorothy Day
- “If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody” – Chinese Proverb
- “While earning your daily bread, be sure you share a slice with those less fortunate.” – Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “I wondered why somebody didn’t do something. Then I realized, I am somebody. ” – Anonymous
- “Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.” – Sally Koch
- “When you open your heart to giving, angels fly to your door.” – Anonymous
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Mohammed Ali
- “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.” – Buddha
- “If there be any truer measure of a man than by what he does, it must be by what he gives.” – Robert South
- “I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Our prayers for others flow more easily than those for ourselves. This shows we are made to live by charity.” – C.S Lewis
- “If you get, give. If you learn, teach.” – Maya Angelous
- “I believe that love expands. As you give love out, it’s received and reciprocated – and it grows. That’s the beauty of it.” – Hill Harper
- “The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.” – Princess Diana
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “Charity, like the sun, brightens every object on which it shines.” – Confucius
- “Charity isn’t about pity, it is about love.” – Mother Teresa
- “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” – William James
- “Charity never humiliated him who profited from it, nor ever bound him by the chains of gratitude, since it was not to him but to God that the gift was made.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“Peace, like charity, begins at home.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.” – Henry Ford
- “A charitable man is like an apple tree-he gives his fruit and is silent; the philanthropist is like the successful hen.” – Austin O’Malley
- “Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.” – Saint Augustine
- “If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.” – Bob Hope
- “Charity is … a universal remedy against discord, and an holy cement for mankind.” – William Penn
- “In necessary things, unity; in doubtful things, liberty; in all things, charity.” – Anne Baxter
- “Every good act is charity. A man’s true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows.” – Moliere
- “Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward heaven.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “That’s why charity work is very selfish at the same time, because it makes you feel good.” – Maria Menounos
- “Bread for myself is a material question. Bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one.” – Nikolai Berdyaev
- “There are eight rungs in charity. The highest is when you help a man to help himself.” – Maimonides
- “A rich man without charity is a rogue; and perhaps it would be no difficult matter to prove that he is also a fool.” – Henry Fielding