These affective quotes will inspire you. Affective relating to moods, feelings, and attitudes.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging affective quotes, affective sayings, and affective proverbs.
Famous Affective Quotes
- “Literal cleanliness and orderliness can release us from abstract cognitive and affective distress – just consider how, during moments where life seems to be spiraling out of control, it can be calming to organize your clothes, clean the living room, get the car washed.” Robert Sapolsky
- “I was diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder at 19, which I thought would derail my career. Thankfully, I was able to get help and continue the path, and I think, for me, the buzzword is perseverance.” Mauro Ranallo
- “If there were creatures on Uranus – and I don’t think there are – seasonal affective disorder would be a lifetime thing.” Heidi Hammel
“Emphasis on the common emotive or affective origins of music and words in the first cries of humankind undermines words.” Jean Philippe Rameau
- “I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I’m trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level.” Barbara Kruger
- “Affective exploitation is crucial to late capitalism.” Mark Fisher
- “It simply is not cost affective to cover stories from independent sources.” Ben Edwards
“I feel that the thing that probably aided me the most in that scene with the dog was the utilization and using an actual recreation, affective memory, if you want to call it, of pain.” Ray Walston
- “I love David Fincher – even though it was just two scenes, I loved the way we worked and could tell by the way he was shooting it that this was going to be an affective movie to say the least.” Richard Schiff
- “I’m never interested in the painting being a mirror to culture. I think that’s really boring. What I’m interested in is painting as an affective space. The place where the hierarchies of the world can be rearranged within the space of a painting. And they can be articulated in different ways.” Dana Schutz
- “I wanted to make an artwork that really underlined the contradiction between how machines see and how humans see. Because music is so affective and is just as corporeal as it is cerebral, I thought coupling a music performance with machine vision adds up to something that work on an emotional, aesthetic, and intellectual level.” Trevor Paglen
“I deeply believe that marriage is by nature between a man and a woman, but that conviction does not prevent me from recognising that other forms of affective relationships exist.” Sebastian Pinera
- “The closer a horror story gets to the truth of things, the more affective it is going to be.” Paul G. Tremblay
- “Whites have not had to build the cognitive or affective skills or develop the stamina that would allow for constructive engagement across racial divides.” Robin DiAngelo
- “My work on what is called ‘deep reading’ explores the range of linguistic, cognitive, and affective processes that underlie not only the emergence of creative thought when we read but also the development and strengthening of capacities like empathy and critical analysis that we can apply to the rest of our lives. Maryanne Wolf
- “As long as I am feeling good I will play football. As long as I am feeling fit, strong, and being affective on and off the pitch, I will play the game I love.” Adebayo Akinfenwa
Affective is relating to, arising from, or influencing feelings or emotions.