Warhammer 40,000 is a miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop. It is the most popular miniature wargame in the world, especially in the United Kingdom. The first edition of the rulebook was published in September 1987, and the ninth and current edition was released in July 2020. These Warhammer 40k quotes will motivate you.
Best Warhammer 40k Quotes
- “We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy — the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial — carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won.” ~Justicar Alaric” ― Ben Counter
- “For what terrible sins of the past must we bear the torments of the present and the dark shadow of the future?” ― Games Workshop, Warhammer 40k
“The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.” ― Games Workshop
- “What would you know of struggle, perfect son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? When have you had to do anything other than tally compliance and polish your armor? The people of your world named you “Great One”. The people of mine called me slaves. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian High Riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling courage and honor, courage and honor, courage and honor! Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage! Honor is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honor!” ― Angron, Warhammer 40K quotes
“Remember, my Jokers, a dropzone is like a woman. Land on her firmly, and make sure you have the vital parts located before you get going.’ Hurtado Bronzi” ― Dan Abnett, Legion
- “Victory slipped through our fingers the moment Horus chose to reach into the dark and something reached back. We sacrificed our ambitions on the altar of his hubris, and when he fell, he dragged us all down inexorably with him. And not just Horus- Fulgrim as well. And Angron. Magnus. Lorgar. The gods you worship are nothing save lies, hidden behind masks of folklore and superstition. Interdimensional cancers, their mindless hunger confused for sentience amongst the lost and the damned”.” ― Josh Reynolds
- ‘They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me.
Like clay, I shall mold them and in the furnace of war, I shall forge them.
They will be of iron will and steely muscle.
In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest gun shall they be armed.
They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them.
They will have tactics, strategies, and machines such that no foe will best them in battle.
They are my bulwark against the terror.
They are the defenders of Humanity.
They are my Space Marines…
…and they shall know no fear.’ -The Emperor of Man
- “You came to me asking how my faith survived the Day of Judgement. I will tell you a secret. When the stars fell when the seas boiled and the earth burned, my faith didn’t die. That is when I began to believe. God was real, and he hated us.” ― Aaron Dembski-Bowden, The First Heretic
“No querida, la ignorancia y el miedo crean a los dioses, el entusiasmo y el engaño los adornan, y la debilidad humana rinde les rinde culto.” ―
- “Loken tried to imagine the future, but the image would not form. Death would wipe them all from history. Not even the great First Captain Ezekyle Abaddon would survive forever. There would be a time when Abaddon no longer waged bloody war across the territories of humanity.
Loken sighed. That would be a sad day indeed. Men would cry out for Abaddon’s return, but he would never come.
He tried to picture the manner of his own death. Fabled, imaginary combats flashed through his mind. He imagined himself at the Emperor’s side, fighting some great, last stand against an unknown foe. Primarch Horus would be there, of course. He had to be. It wouldn’t be the same without him. Loken would battle and die, and perhaps even Horus would die, to save the Emperor at the last.
Glory. Glory, like he’d never known. Such an hour would become so ingrained in the minds of men that it would be the cornerstone of all that came after. A great battle, upon which human culture would be based.
Then, briefly, he imagined another death. Alone, far away from his comrades and his Legion, dying from cruel wounds on some nameless rock, his passing as memorable as smoke.
Loken swallowed hard. Either way, his service was to the Emperor, and his service would be true to the end.” ―
“You brothers-such a nest of rivalries. I warned him to make you sisters, that it would make things more civilized. He thought I was joking, I wasn’t.” – Malcador” ― Chris Wraight, Scars: Episode II
- “We know no fear. It was cut from our souls at birth. We can feel it only as an absence, as an empty shadow cast by the light of annihilation. In the face of a future of atrocity, I stand mute, numb to the only feeling that would make me human. But I remember what fear was: its cold pulse in my veins; its echo in my ears. I remember the fear and remember that I was once human. I look towards what must come to pass and I wish that I could meet it as my ancestors did, with fear. The future deserves that, it deserves fear.” ―
- ‘Another day nearer the battle
So drink up, lads, and look brave.
For another day nearer the battle
Is another day nearer the grave.’ – Imperial Guard drinking song
‘Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. But those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live.’ – In Exterminatus Extremis
- ‘Do not ask which creature screams in the night.
Do not ask who crouches in the shadow.
For it is my voice that wakes you in the night
And me who watches you from the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet
That dances to my tune.’ Karazantor the Vile, Traitor of Xian
- ‘Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die so it don’t count as beat. If we runs for it we don’t die either, so we can always come back for another go, see!’ – Anon
“We’re the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that’s the Krieg way.” – Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus, Tarsis Ultra
- ‘They have only one purpose and there is nothing they will not do to accomplish this, no matter how vile or loathsome it might be. These abominations mean to destroy everything proud and noble, everything we hold dear and have fought so long to achieve.’ -Inquisitor Agmar on Tyranids
- ‘A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.’ – Cardinal Khrysdam, Instructum Absolution
- “Listen but closely Brothers, for my life’s breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then, my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end, I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolf Time.” -Last words of Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves
- ‘Through the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still, I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.”
- “Sometimes the threat is so grave, the worst of enemies must become the best of friends.” ―
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear.” -Kargos Bloodspitter, Champion of Khorne
- “Las palabras moldean el pensamiento, remueven los sentimientos y accionan las fuerzas. Matan y reviven, corrompen y curan.” ―
- “The world goes quiet and warm.
I am dying, he thinks, I have failed and there will be nothing left, nothing but ash and hungering darkness.
Something within him dims, fluttering to nothing like a flame fading to cold embers.
He tries to raise his sword.
He is falling…
… running the ashes of a dead world through his fingers.” ―
- “I have used up my days believing I serve the Throne above all, but this is the filth I am dragged into.’
‘Me too,’ I said. ‘That’s something I might have said of my own life. Nothing wears an honest face. Those we admire disappoint us or betray us. What truth may be found is uglier and more cruel than our worst expectations.” ―
“They’re so busy playing, they’ve taken their eyes off the board” ― Dan Abnett, I Am Slaughter
- “For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium, for whom a thousand souls die every day, for whom blood is drunk and flesh eaten. Human blood and human flesh – the stuff of which the Imperium is made. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. This is the tale of those times.
- “All is deceit. Nothing wears a true face or uses a true name. Nothing is as it appears to be as if the whole universe were busily playing out a function, ‘guised in cunning. The mad are sane, the blind can see, the sane are otherwise demented, good is evil, and up, for all I care, is down.” ―
“There is no time to plan, there is no space to think. No respite. No forgiveness. There is only war.” ― Warhammer 40K
- “Oh, small light that is this soul, shine in the dark undimmed…
Oh, great light that is all, shine for this soul so small…
Oh, small light that is hope, shine for all that will see…
Oh, small light that is this soul, shine in the dark undimmed…
Oh… small… light…” ―
- “Forget the power of technology, science, and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods.” ―
- “How perfect were the dictates of fate!” ―
- “All of creation suffers young ones. Only in accepting our own mortality can we make a difference. Only in bearing the burden of our failures can we find the strength to go on. Only in detachment from glory, or honor, or jealousy… from life itself can we hope to spare others from grief. We are Doom Eagles. And we are dead already. — Librarian Secundus Then of the Doom Eagles” ― Simon Spurrier
- “But they are many and he is alone. This has not come to pass yet, he thinks, this is not happening. I am not dying. This is my fate, what shall be. This is the future, it has not happened yet.” ― John French
- “Heretics are the only ones worth trusting,’ the voice said, ‘for they have everything to gain and everything to lose.” ―