Thor, deity common to all the early Germanic peoples, a great warrior represented as a red-bearded, middle-aged man of enormous strength, an implacable foe to the harmful race of giants but benevolent toward mankind. His figure was generally secondary to that of the god Odin, who in some traditions was his father; but in Iceland, and perhaps among all northern peoples except the royal families, he was apparently worshiped more than any other god. There is evidence that a corresponding deity named Thunor, or Thonar, was worshiped in England and continental Europe, but little is known about him. These Thor quotes will inspire you in life.
Best Thor Quotes
- “This drink, I like it! ANOTHER!” (Thor, 2011)
- “You’re big. I’ve fought bigger.” (Thor, 2011)
- “Thor: [Captain America is using Stormbreaker] No, give me that.
[Thor gives him Mjolnir]
Thor: You have the little one.”
“Do I look to be in a gaming mood?” (Thor, The Avengers, 2012)
- “Thor: My God, you’re a Valkyrie… You know, I used to want to be a Valkyrie when I was younger, until I found out you were all women. There’s nothing wrong with women, of course, I like women. Sometimes a little too much. Not in a creepy way, just more like a respectful appreciation. I think it’s great, an elite force of women warriors. It’s about time.”
- “Rocket Raccoon: You sure you’re up to this mission?
Thor: Absolutely! Rage, vengeance, anger, loss are tremendous motivators to clear the mind. So I’m good to go.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, but this Thanos guy you’re talking about, he’s the toughest there is.
Thor: Well, he’s never fought me.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah he has.
Thor: Well, he’s never fought me twice. And I’m getting a new hammer, don’t forget.
Rocket Raccoon: Well, it better some hammer.
Thor: You know I’m 1500 years old. I’ve killed twice as many enemies as that. And every one of them would have rather killed me than not succeeded. I’m only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is just the latest of a long line of b*stards, and he’ll be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate wills it so.
Rocket Raccoon: And what if you’re wrong?
Thor: Well, if I’m wrong, what more could I lose?”
“You people are so petty, and tiny.” (Thor, The Avengers, 2012)
- “Thor: Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!
Black Widow: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: He’s adopted.”
- “Jane’s better.” (Thor, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, 2015)
- “Steve Rogers: New haircut?
Thor: I noticed you copied my beard. Oh, by the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree.
Groot: I am Groot!
Steve Rogers: I am Steve Rogers.”
- “Thor: The only thing permanent in life is impermanence.” , Thor quotes on permanent
- “Thor: We’re the same, you and I. Just a couple of hot-headed fools.
Hulk: Yes, same. Hulk like fire and Thor like water.
Thor: Well, we’re kind of both like fire.
Hulk: But Hulk like raging fire. Thor like smoldering fire”
“You should know that when you betray me, I will kill you.” (Thor: The Dark World, 2013)
- “Thor: By Odin’s beard, you shall not cut my hair, lest you feel the wrath of the mighty Thor! Please! Please, kind sir, do not cut my hair! No! Nooo!”
- “Thor: Hey, hey! We know each other! He’s a friend from work! Where have you been? Everybody thought you were dead! So much has happened since I last saw you. I lost my hammer…like, yesterday so that’s still pretty fresh. Loki, he’s alive! Can you believe it? He’s up there. Hey Loki! Look who it is!”
- “Thor: You know it’s a trap, right?
Tony Stark: Yeah… but I don’t much care.
Thor: Good. Just as long as we’re all in agreement.
[his eyes light up slowly, crack of thunder, Thor suits up with Mjolnir and Stormbreaker]
Thor: Let’s kill him properly this time.”
- “Eitri: You understand boy, you are taking on a star? It will kill you.
Thor: Only if I die.
Eitri: Yes, that’s what killing you means.”
“Fortunately, I am mighty!” (Thor, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, 2015)
- “Dr. Strange: So, I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother, Loki, is one of those beings.
Thor: Worthy inclusion.”
- “Thor: Hela, the goddess of death has invaded Asgard. And you and I had a fight recently.
Bruce Banner: Did I win?
Thor: No, I won. Easily.
Bruce Banner: Doesn’t sound right.
Thor: Well, it’s true.”
- “Tony Stark: The handle’s imprinted, right? Like a security code. “Whosoever is carrying Thor’s fingerprints” is, I think, the literal translation.
Thor: Yes. It’s a very, very interesting theory. I have a simpler one. You’re all not worthy.”
“Thor: [after Steve Rogers calls Mjolnir to himself] I knew it!”
- “Loki: What are you doing here?!
Thor: What am I doing here? I’m trapped in this stupid chair, where’s your chair?
Loki: I didn’t get a chair.
Thor: Well then get me out of this one!
Loki: I can’t.
Loki: I can’t.
Thor: Why not?!
Loki: I can’t jeopardize my position! I’ve gained the Grandmaster’s favor two weeks ago!
Thor: What? How have you been here for two weeks?
Loki: What are you whispering about?”
- “Thor: So Earth has wizards now, huh?
Dr. Strange: Tea?
Thor: I don’t drink tea.
Dr. Strange: What do you drink?
Thor: Not tea.”
- “Vision: It’s terribly well-balanced.
Thor: Well, if there’s too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so..”
“Thor: [enters the Guardians’ ship] Well, the Asgardians of the Galaxy back together again.”
- “Thor: I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki for all his grave imbalance understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice, it changes you. I’d rather be a good man than a great king.”
- “Rocket Raccoon: What did you do?
Thor: I went for the head.”
- “Odin: You’ll be a wise king.
Thor: There will never be a wiser king than you. Or a better father. I have much to learn. I know that now. One day, perhaps, I will make you proud.
Odin: You’ve already made me proud.”
“Thor: Bring me Thanos!”
- “Hulk: Thor sad.
Thor: Shut up.
Hulk: THOR SAD!!!
Thor: I’m not sad, you idiot. I’m p*ssed off! Angry. I lost my father. I lost my hammer. You’re not even listening.
Hulk: Don’t kick stuff.
Thor: You’re being a really bad friend.
Hulk: You bad friend!
Thor: You know what we call you?
Thor: We call you the stupid Avenger.
Hulk: You’re tiny Avenger!”
- “Tony Stark: Come on, use your words, buddy.
Thor: I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark.”
“Thor: I choose to run towards my problems, and not away from them. Because’s that– because’s that what heroes do.”
- “Black Widow: Thor, report on the Hulk?
Thor: The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims. Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh…wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh… and gout.”
- “Thor: I need a horse!
Pet Store Clerk: We don’t have horses. Just dogs, cats, birds.
Thor: Then give me one of those large enough to ride.”
“Thor: (about Captain Marvel) I like this one.”
- “Thor: Where’s the Tesseract?
Loki: I missed you too.
Thor: Do I look to be in a gaming mood?” , Thor quotes with Loki
- “Thor: The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care. I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty.”
“Thor: This drink, I like it. Another!”
- “Sif: I’ve got this completely under control!
Thor: Is that why everything is on fire?!” , Thor quotes on fire
- “Thor: Oh dear brother, you’re becoming predictable. I trust you, you betray me, and round and round in circles we go. See, Loki, life is about growth and change. But you just seem to want to stay the same. I guess what I’m trying to say is that you’ll always be the God of Mischief. But you could be more.””Thor: Brother, whatever I have done to wrong you, whatever I have done to lead you to do this, I am truly sorry. But these people are innocent, taking their lives will gain you nothing. So take mine, and end this.”