Sheldon Lee Cooper Ph.D., Sc.D., is a fictional character in the CBS television series The Big Bang Theory and its spinoff series Young Sheldon, portrayed by actors Jim Parsons in The Big Bang Theory and Iain Armitage in Young Sheldon (with Parsons as the latter series’ narrator). For his portrayal, Parsons has won four Primetime Emmy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, a TCA Award, and two Critics’ Choice Television Awards. Sheldon Cooper quotes about life, change, being smart, science, friendship and love will inspire you in life.
Best Sheldon Cooper Quotes
- “Raj: I don’t like bugs, okay. They freak me out.
Sheldon: Interesting. You’re afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.”
- “I’m Not Crazy. My Mother Had Me Tested.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “The need to find another human being to share one’s life with, has always puzzled me. Maybe I’m so interesting all by myself.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that’s why they hated me.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “No, no I’m listening. It just takes me a minute to process so much stupid all at once.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I’m stupid.
Sheldon: That’s no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.”
- “Hard As This May Be To Believe, It’s Possible That I’m Not Boyfriend Material.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “If you don’t mind, I’d like to stop listening to you.” – Sheldon Cooper
“What computer do you have and please don’t say a white one?” – Sheldon Cooper
- “People should have chips implanted in their skull that should explode when they say something stupid.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “I know the real reason you never made progress with that idea. You thought of it September 22nd, 2007. Two days later, Penny moved in and so much blood rushed to your genitals, your brain became a ghost town.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “I’m Exceedingly Smart. I Graduated College At 14.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “There’s no denying that I have feelings for you that can’t be explained in any other way. I briefly considered that I had a brain parasite, but that seems even more far-fetched. The only conclusion was love.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies “for you, no charge”.”
- “Hard as this may be to believe, it’s possible that I’m not boyfriend material.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Wil Wheaton. The Green Goblin to my Spider-Man, the Pope Paul V to my Galileo, the Internet Explorer to my Firefox!” – Sheldon Cooper
- “Sheldon: May I say something?
Leonard: Not right now, Sheldon.
Sheldon: But I think it may be comforting.
Howard: No, it’s okay. What?
Sheldon: When I lost my own father, I didn’t have any friends to help me through it. You do.”
“People say you can’t live without love, I think oxygen is more important.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “I would have been here sooner but the bus kept stopping for other people to get on it.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “One cries because one is sad. I cry because others are stupid and that makes me sad.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “Goodnight, and if there’s an apocalypse, good luck.” – Sheldon Cooper
- “Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.” – Sheldon Cooper