These sandwich quotes will inspire you. Sandwich, two pieces of bread with something (such as meat, peanut butter, etc.) between them or an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or another filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging sandwich quotes, sandwich sayings, and sandwich proverbs.
Best Sandwich Quotes
- “Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate!” ~ Paul Lynde
- “Life is good when you have a good sandwich.” ~ Keanu Reeves
- “You can make any meal into a sandwich, and any sandwich into a meal.” ~ Jeff Mauro
“I love sandwiches. Let’s face it, life is better between two pieces of bread.” ~ Jeff Mauro
- “Life is like a sandwich!
Birth as one slice,
and death as the other.
What you put in-between
the slices is up to you.
Is your sandwich tasty or sour?” ~ Alan Rufus
- “Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones.” ~ Peter Kay
- “Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body” ~ George Carlin
“Sandwich every bit of criticism between two heavy layers of praise.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
- “A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony.” ~ Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Too few people understand a really good sandwich.” ~ James Beard
- “You don’t have to be a star to get a cheese sandwich. You just have to be first.” ~ John Lennon
“Enjoy every sandwich.” ~ Warren Zevon
- “Before you trade sandwiches, check between the bread.” ~ Cynthia Lewis
- “If we replaced all of our guns with chicken sandwiches it would end all war immediately.” ~ Thom Yorke
- “I like the philosophy of the sandwich, as it were. It typifies my attitude to life, really. It’s all there, it’s fun, it looks good, and you don’t have to wash up afterwards.” ~ Molly Parkin
“All of the energy of existence is going to flow through you. You will be in thousands of planes of consciousness at once or beyond in nirvana or having a sandwich with a friend.” ~ Frederick Lenz
- “Life is a sandwich of activity between two periods of bed-wetting.” ~ Padgett Powell.
- “Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” ~ Jacqueline Kelly.
- “I don’t get why my fans call me yummy. I mean I’m not a sandwich!” ~ Justin Bieber.
“You don’t need a pack of wild horses to learn how to make a sandwich.” ~ Phil McGraw
- “Never set your stomach for a jelly-bread sandwich until you’re sure there’s some jelly!” ~ Charles M. Schulz.
- “A man’s social rank is determined by the amount of bread he eats in a sandwich.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “God, Satan, Paradise, and Hell all vanished one day in my fifteenth year, when I quite abruptly lost my faith. … and afterwards, to prove my new-found atheism, I bought myself a rather tasteless ham sandwich, and so partook for the first time of the forbidden flesh of the swine. No thunderbolt arrived to strike me down. … From that day to this I have thought of myself as a wholly secular person.” ~ Salman Rushdie
“For people who are really alive to have life awakened is more important than to get a sandwich.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- “A Panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots into the air. “Why?” asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes toward the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife annual and tosses it over his shoulder. “I’m a Panda,” he says, at the door. “Look it up.” The waiter turns to the relevant entry, and, sure enough, finds an explanation. Panda. Large black and white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.” ~ Lynne Truss
- “You think you have anger issues? I just yelled at a sandwich. Not kidding.” ~ Dov Davidoff
- “Call me All-American, but I love Ham and Cheese sandwiches. And not just any old ham and cheese sandwich… My mother’s is the best. I’ve tried many times to make these sandwiches on my own, but it’s never the same.” ~ Andy Roddick
“When I travel I normally eat club sandwiches or I bring my own food. When you go into a new town, it’s very had to find a good place to eat.” ~ Paul Prudhomme
- “When you make his sandwiches, put a sexy or loving note in his lunch box.” ~ Anne Rice
- “Hors D’oeuvre: A ham sandwich cut into forty pieces.” ~ Jack Benny
- “I can’t cook, but I can make a turkey and cheese sandwich like nobody else.” ~ Kevin Hart
“Sweet cream on an ice cream sandwich!” ~ Dwayne Johnson
- “We hunger for significance, for signs that our personal existence is of special meaning to the universe. To that end, we’re all too eager to deceive ourselves and others, to discern a sacred image in a grilled cheese sandwich or find a divine warning in a comet” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
- “There’s nothing better than good sex. But bad sex? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is better than bad sex.” ~ Billy Joel
- “Tell the cook of this restaurant with my compliments that these are the very worst sandwiches in the whole world, and that, when I ask for a watercress sandwich, I do not mean a loaf with a field in the middle of it.” ~ Oscar Wilde
“A grand jury would ‘indict a ham sandwich,’ if that’s what you wanted.” ~ Sol Wachtler
- “Stretch of I-95 has already had one brush with disaster. In 2008 two contractors from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation stopped to get a sausage sandwich, and parked their cars under this bridge. And fortunately they wanted that sausage sandwich because they saw one of these piers with an eight foot gash in it about five inches wide. And oh, they knew automatically that this bridge was in deep trouble.” ~ Steve Kroft
- “Sometimes I dress like what I want for lunch, because all I can think about is having a tuna sandwich.” ~ Mika
- “They have a few drinks, and maybe the prawn sandwiches, and they don’t realise what’s going on out on the pitch.” ~ Roy Keane
“Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they’re eating sandwiches.” ~ Jim Carrey
- “So do you want a turd sandwich or a turd sandwich with mustard. I’d go with the mustard, but still, it’s a turd sandwich.” ~ Cody Lundin
- “I never thought I want to do anything, really, except not go to work properly and turn up at the same place every day and eat sandwiches in the same canteen, if I can possibly help it, as I don’t think I’d be very good at it.” ~ Dylan Moran
- “I come from Yorkshire in England where we like to eat chip sandwiches – white bread, butter, tomato ketchup and big fat french fries cooked in beef dripping.” ~ Helen Fielding
“You know, nobody eats in England. three or four pints of english beer a night fills you. i can’t say i’m very impressed with the food in America. it’s all sort of bland. like turkey sandwiches.” ~ Anne Dudley
- “I lived at home and I cycled every morning to the railway station to travel by train to Johannesburg followed by a walk to the University, carrying sandwiches for my lunch and returning in the evening the same way.” ~ Sydney Brenner
- “Take a quick dip, relax with a schnapps and a sandwich, stretch out, have a smoke, take a nap or just rest, and then sit around and chat until three. Then I hunt some more until sundown, bathe again, put on white tie and tails to keep up appearances, eat a huge dinner, smoke a cigar and sleep like a log until the sun comes up again to redden the eastern sky. This is living…. Could it be more perfect?” ~ Annie Dillard
- “Life’s not fair, is it? Some of us drink champagne in the fast lane, and some of us eat our sandwiches by the loose chippings on the A597.” ~ Victoria Wood
“If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.” ~ Vance Havner
- “There is a curious relationship between a candidate and the reporters who cover him. It can be affected by small things like a competent press staff, enough seats, sandwiches and briefings and the ability to understand deadlines.” ~ Ronald Steel
- “I challenge you, to go to any school and open 50 lunchboxes, and I guarantee you there will be one or two cans of Red Bull, there’ll be cold McDonald’s and jam sandwiches with several cakes.” ~ Jamie Oliver
- “I was at a restaurant, and I ordered a chicken sandwich, but I don’t think the waitress understood me. She asked me, “How would you like your eggs?” I thought I would answer her anyway and said, “Incubated! And then raised, plucked, beheaded, cut up, put onto a grill, and then put onto a bun. Damn! I don’t have that much time! Scrambled!”” ~ Mitch Hedberg
“Open-faced sandwiches take risks and live big and smile with all their teeth. These are the people I want to be around.” ~ Amy Poehler
- “When I’m stuck in my writing, the world is amiss. If I’m eating a sandwich, it’s an unsettled sandwich. If I’m in the shower, it’s an incorrect shower. It’s profoundly uncomfortable. But it’s what keeps me pushing.” ~ Melissa Rosenberg
- “Men have only two emotions: hungry and horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist.” ~ Adi Da
- “The best thing I can make is a peanut butter-and-jelly sandwich.” ~ Mario Diaz-Balart
“I’m in love with the person in the sandwich centre. If she didn’t exist I’d have to invent her.” ~ Ian Dury
- “Harry [Styles] is like a younger brother. We do exercises together then he asks me to prepare a sandwich for the effort.” ~ Liam Payne
- “There’s something profoundly disturbing about watching an old guy eat a sandwich.” ~ Dana Gould
- “This deal is a sugar-coated satan sandwich. If you lift the bun, you will not like what you see.” ~ Emanuel Cleaver
“The small businessman is smart; he realizes there’s no free lunch. On the other hand, he knows where to go to get a good inexpensive sandwich.” ~ Adam Osborne
- “A hippo sandwich is easy to make. All you do is simply take one slice of bread, one slice of cake, some mayonnaise, one onion ring, one hippopotamus, one piece of string, a dash of pepper. That ought to do it. And now comes the problem… biting into it!” ~ Shel Silverstein
- “I just told you to be quiet. That’s one step away from asking you to wash my laundry and make me a sandwich.” ~ Richelle Mead
“When I’m in the mood for room service, my favorite order is a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich.” ~ Pharrell Williams
- “I’m a Buffalo wing magnet, a sandwich fanatic, a cheesesteak guy. But I’ll only get a cheesesteak in Philadelphia. No one else does it right.” ~ Kevin Hart
- “Some years later, long after he and Megadeth parted company, Jay Jones was stabbed to death with a butter knife during-rumor has it-a fight over a bologna sandwich. That’s not funny, of course. But, if you knew Jay, neither is it particularly surprising.” ~ Dave Mustaine