William Leonard Roberts II known professionally as Rick Ross, is an American rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and record executive. Prior to releasing his debut single, “Hustlin'” in 2006, Ross was the subject of a bidding war, receiving offers from Diddy’s Bad Boy Entertainment and Irv Gotti’s Murder Inc., until signing a multimillion-dollar deal with Jay-Z’s Def Jam Recordings. These Rick Ross quotes will motivate you.
Best Rick Ross Quotes
- At the end of the day, I’m the biggest boss. I’m self-made.
- Really, every day is the perfect day to boss up. Every day that you wake up is a perfect day to boss up. It’s all about continuing to put one foot in front of the next. That’s what it’s about. Whatever you think you’re going through, just put one foot in front of the next.
- I’m a hustler. I’m the Boss.
- Money doesn’t make me – I make the money.
My mom’s a hustler. She a grinder.
- For anybody that grow a beard or have hair on their face, I welcome you to the beard game. We’re all family. I encourage that. I encourage beards.
- Some experiences can give you a chip on your shoulder, but they also teach you the value of independence and looking out for yourself.
- Are you the person who just wakes up, puts your T-shirt on and runs out of the house? Or do you wake up an hour early – get your mental notes together, fix you a little coffee… prepare yourself for the day and try to do something really great? It begins with you.
I realized that my success comes from doing the things I love most. Rick Ross
- When you walk in a room, the room should feel that this guy’s different. What does he do? Who is he? And that’s confidence, not cockiness.
- John Legend is brilliant. I feel he may be my best collaborator when it comes to delivering that undeniable soulful sound, and he does it in such a classy way.
- Every day, the approach to life changes. And that’s what music is all about to me.
- If you set a regimen up, you can lose weight. I grinded my weight off.
MMG for life.
- My father watched all the ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Star Wars‘ that you could imagine, along with the martial arts. So I was into all that as a youngster, and I always rooted for the bad guy.
- There’s always money to get. Rick Ross quotes on money
- I ain’t trying to keep up with the trends – the hats, the hair colors, the dress codes.
- If I quit all the things I loved cold turkey, I knew it would only be so long before I went back to my old ways.
- If you’re a battle rapper on the block, the emcee battle challenger, not writing your rhymes could really hurt you. When you’re an artist where maybe the focus is really the talent and the different things you bring to the game, I believe it’s more understandable.
- I believe everybody got the right to live their own life the way they want to.
Watching dudes come up is one of my biggest joys.
- I really savor the times of me and all my best friends and family members getting together.
- Puff Daddy is a great party thrower. He goes down in the history books.
- As artists, we are blessed to be able to make money but, on the same note, are held accountable for our federal tax obligations just like everyone else.
Miami is a party city, a go-fast city.
- I created MMG years ago. My desire was to create a space where the most talented artists in the world could be nurtured and supported. With that came a commitment. I vowed to support these artists through the good and the bad.
- I used to eat big meals at 2 A.M. and base it on my schedule. But I don’t do that no more.
- I feel like I can make records where, you know, I can get in the alley and exchange bars with Styles P, but I can also get in the studio and create a classic with Rihanna.
- DJ Khaled most definitely knows how to rock a party.
I come from Carol City. The city renamed it Miami Gardens.
- When I was sitting at home watching ‘Yo! MTV Raps’ as a kid, seeing the bright jackets excited me.
- I love pears. Most definitely – it’s a fact.
- I’ve been fortunate enough to experience financial success on a large scale through both my music career and my many business ventures. With this type of financial success comes financial responsibility.
- Some of my best friends are white.
- I’m not trying to make a particular weight. I’m just working out and doing what’s best for Rozay.
- Five years before ‘Port of Miami,’ I was to a point where I may have even felt like quitting… the style and the wordplay of my lyricism was more complex than what Miami was used to.
- As an artist, you find at different times you want to do different things.
Capital Cities – the rock group – I’m a huge fan of theirs.
- It’s pretty much a given known fact in the industry that before I was successful, I wrote for other artists.
- When you face obstacles or go through different phases, I always relied on my music. I depend on my music, my teammates. So at the end of the day, having incredible music, for me, would keep me in the space I want to be as an artist.
- I nickname my cars. Most of the time, it doesn’t make any sense. One of my Benzes I call Justin Bieber. My Maybach is Oprah. Rick Ross quotes on Oprah
- When someone mentions my name because they’re attacking someone that I’m close with, it’s my problem now.
- I embraced EDM from the beginning.
- I remember the first time eating my chef’s Caesar salad. It was just like one of those moments in the movie theater when everything gets quiet.
- I respect the Grammys, being a writer. But me being an artist representing hip hop? No.
I love Adele. When I see her, I may kiss Adele.
- I think we all have a right to bear arms, whichever amendment that is.
- When I used to sit in the office with Jay Z and L.A. Reid… we would negotiate back and forth and discuss music. You’re sitting in front of someone for hours. It’s all about being passionate. Everything begins with yourself.
- A boss is all about good business, so start with everything that you can control and you can turn up that costs you nothing, then lay all the knobs out, look at all the controls, all the remotes, and just turn them all up. It don’t cost you anything.
- I believe I’ve always been so successful on the black market for a lot of different reasons.
- I’m a big chicken guy, and Wingstop chicken wings are my number one go-to, so I just got involved with the company. I purchased a few franchises myself. I like to consider myself a global brand ambassador.
- When I think of CeeLo Green, I think about previous collaborations, like ‘Tears of Joy.’
I’ve been a fan of Adele since her first project.
- I was a real avid ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ fan. I think I may know every episode.
- My father wasn’t there the majority of the time. My father, someone who I always honored and looked up to, had been in the military; he had been to war. I would hear stories about different experiences he went through, but as I got older, my father moved away.
- Everybody who know Rick Ross know that, for one, I love creating music, and one of the biggest impacts we have on the game was the fact that when we came into the game, artists was waiting two to three years to put out albums. I was one of the few that put out an album every year along with two or three mixtapes.
- I love the story of ‘Lamborghini Doors,’ a record with Meek Mill and myself – it came together when I went to visit him during his incarceration.
I just love Wingstop.
- My advice for anyone looking to lose weight is to not make it feel like a job.
- I keep my family involved in all business.
- Anybody that really know me know that I love to make a lot of content, make a lot of music.
- I ain’t gon’ lie. I got love for Solange. She look sexy to me.
- In high school, I played football and became an all-American offensive lineman, but my father hadn’t been to any of my games. In those instances, you still hold your head up high. But, when you look up into the stands and you see everyone else’s parents cheering and supporting, you have to just stay focused and push through.
- I do see a lot of young artists who write records or sacrifice records because there are a lot of older artists who are preoccupied; they don’t have as much time as they used to to be in the studio.