Pope John Paul II was head of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State from 1978 to 2005. He was elected pope by the second papal conclave of 1978, which was called after Pope John Paul I, who had been elected in August to succeed Pope Paul VI, died after 33 days. This Pope John Paul II Quotes on hope, youth, love, family, easter, etc will motivate you.
Best Pope John Paul II Quotes
- I plead with you–never, ever give up on hope, never doubt, never tire, and never become discouraged. Be not afraid. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Let us remember the past with gratitude, live the present with enthusiasm, and look forward to the future with confidence. ~ Pope John Paul II
- The ultimate test of your greatness is the way you treat every human being. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Prayer can truly change your life. For it turns your attention away from yourself and directs your mind and your heart toward the Lord. If we look only at ourselves, with our own limitations and sins, we quickly give way to sadness and discouragement. But if we keep our eyes fixed on the Lord, then our hearts are filled with hope, our minds are washed n the light of truth, and we come to know the fullness of the Gospel with all is promise and life. ~ Pope John Paul II
- “If you want peace, work for justice.
If you want justice, defend life.
If you want life, embrace truth.” ~ Pope John Paul II
Do not forget that true love sets no conditions; it does not calculate or complain, but simply loves. ~ Pope John Paul II
- When man turns his back on the Creator’s plan, he provokes a disorder which has inevitable repercussions on the rest of the created order. If man is not at peace with God, then earth itself cannot be at peace. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Nobody is so poor he has nothing to give, and nobody is so rich he has nothing to receive. ~ Pope John Paul II
- It’s better to cry than be angry because anger hurts others while tears flow silently through the soul and cleans the heart. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Allow the light and the healing presence of Christ to shine brightly through your lives. In that way, all those who come in contact with you will discover the loving-kindness of God. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Thus to share in the sufferings of Christ is, at the same time, to suffer for the kingdom of God. In the eyes of the just God, before his judgment. Those who share in the sufferings of Christ become worthy of this kingdom.
Have no fear of moving into the unknown. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Jesus Christ has taken the lead on the way of the cross. He has suffered first. He does not drive us toward suffering but shares it with us, wanting us to have life and to have it in abundance. ~ Pope John Paul II
Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song. ~ Pope John Paul II
- The future is in your hearts and in your hands. God is entrusting to you the task, at once difficult and uplifting, of working with Him in the building of the civilization of love. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Believers do not surrender. They can continue on their way to the truth because they are certain that God has created them “explorers”, whose mission is to leave no stone unturned, though the temptation to doubt is always there. Leaning on God, they continue to reach out, always and everywhere, for all that is beautiful, good, and true. ~ Pope John Paul II
- What really matters in life is that we are loved by Christ and that we love Him in return ~ Pope John Paul II
- The Mother of Christ, who stands at the very center of this mystery…is given as mother to every single individual and all mankind.
- There is no evil to be faced that Christ does not face with us. There is no enemy that Christ has not already conquered. There is no cross to bear that Christ has not already borne for us, and does not now bear with us.
The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Do not be afraid to be holy! Have the courage and humility to present yourselves to the world determined to be. ~ Pope John Paul II
- holy, since full, true freedom is born from holiness. ~ Pope John Paul II
Apart from the mercy of God, there is no other source of hope for mankind. ~ Pope John Paul II
- The way Jesus shows you is not easy. Rather, it is like a path winding up a mountain. Do not lose heart! The steeper the road, the faster it rises towards ever wider horizons. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Real love is demanding. I would fail in my mission if I did not clearly tell you so. For it was Jesus – our Jesus himself – who said: ‘You are my friends if you do what I command you’. Love demands effort and a personal commitment to the will of God. It means discipline and sacrifice, but it also means joy and human fulfillment. ~ Pope John Paul II
- From Mary, we learn to surrender to God’s Will in all things. From Mary, we learn to trust even when all hope seems gone. From Mary, we learn to love Christ her Son, and the Son of God! ~ Pope John Paul II
- We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures, we are the sum of the Father’s love for us and our real capacity to become the image of His Son Jesus. ~ Pope John Paul II
The worst prison would be a closed heart. ~ Pope John Paul II
- We are all one family in the world. Building a community that empowers everyone to attain their full potential through each of us respecting each other’s dignity, rights and responsibilities makes the world a better place to live. ~ Pope John Paul II
- The person who does not decide to love forever will find it very difficult to really love for even one day.
The future starts today, not tomorrow. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Before our eyes, we have the results of ideologies such as Marxism, Nazism, and fascism, and also of myths like racial superiority, nationalism, and ethnic exclusivism. No less pernicious, though not always as obvious, are the effects of materialistic consumerism, in which the exaltation of the individual and the selfish satisfaction of personal aspirations become the ultimate goal of life. In this outlook, the negative effects on others are considered completely irrelevant. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Forgiveness is above all a personal choice, a decision of the heart to go against the natural instinct to pay back evil with evil. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Jesus himself has shown us by his own example that prayer and fasting are the first and most effective weapons against the forces of evil. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Do not be afraid. Open wide the doors to Christ. ~ Pope John Paul II Quotes
- Deepen you knowledge of Jesus which ends loneliness, overcomes sadness and uncertainty, gives real meaning to life, curbs passions exalts ideals, expands energies in charity, brings light into decisive choices. Let Christ be for you the Way, the Truth, and the Life. ~ Pope John Paul II
- Through the Rosary the faithful receive abundant grace, as though from the very hands of the Mother of the Redeemer. ~ Pope John Paul II