These overcoming obstacles quotes will inspire you. Obstacles, a thing that blocks one’s way or prevents or hinders progress.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging overcoming obstacles quotes, overcoming obstacles sayings, and overcoming obstacles proverbs.
Inspirational Overcoming Obstacles Quotes
- “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” ~ Moliere
- “You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals.” ~ George S. Patton
- “Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.” ~ W. Clement Stone
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John Wooden
- “Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it.” ~ Mother Teresa , Overcoming obstacles quotes opportunity
- “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” ~ Booker T. Washington
“Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.” ~ William James
- “Behind every dark cloud, there is an every-shining sun. Just wait. In time, the cloud will pass.” ~ Marianne Williamson
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ A. A. Milne
“All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.” ~ Helen Keller
- “God doesn’t author hardship but uses it to strengthen us for greater conquests. He never leads us into a storm that He doesn’t give us the power to overcome.” ~ John Bevere
- “One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
- “He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.” ~ Aristotle
“We all have our flaws. But we overcome them. And sometimes, it’s our flaws that make us who we are.” ~ Erin Hunter
- “The most intense conflicts, if overcome, leave behind a sense of security and calm which is not easily disturbed, or else a brokenness that can hardly be healed. Conversely, it is just these intense conflicts and their conflagration which are needed in order to produce valuable and lasting results.” ~ Carl Jung
- “Any struggle or pain that you experience just gets you to the top, and you can’t get there without making the climb. A few years later, you won’t remember exactly the way the pain felt or how long it took, you’ll just remember the view from the top. In fact, you might smile at the fact you had to work to get there.” ~ Hayley Williams , Overcoming obstacles quotes struggle
- “Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear.” ~ Dan Millman
“Families are about love overcoming emotional torture.” ~ Matt Groening
- “The truth is we have nothing to fear and nothing to overcome because He is all in all and we are more than conquerors through Him.” ~ Oswald Chambers
- “God will take care of what you go through. You take care of how you go through it.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
- “Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” ~ Bertrand Russell
“We acquire the strength we have overcome.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It costs something to be a real Christian, according to the standard of the Bible. There are enemies to be overcome, battles to be fought, sacrifices to be made, an Egypt to be forsaken, a wilderness to be passed through, a cross to be carried, a race to be run. Conversion is not putting a person in an armchair and taking them easily to heaven. It is the beginning of a mighty conflict, in which it costs much to win the victory.” ~ J. C. Ryle , Overcoming obstacles quotes bible
- “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” ~ Lou Holtz
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ~ Nelson Mandela
“Fresh activity is the only means of overcoming adversity.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway.” ~ Susan Jeffers
- “We are not meant to stay wounded. We are supposed to move through our tragedies and challenges and to help each other move through the many painful episodes of our lives. By remaining stuck in the power of our wounds, we block our own transformation. We overlook the greater gifts inherent in our wounds – the strength to overcome them and the lessons that we are meant to receive through them. Wounds are the means through which we enter the hearts of other people. They are meant to teach us to become compassionate and wise.” ~ Caroline Myss
- “That’s my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck’s back. If it’s not positive, I didn’t hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy.” ~ George Foreman
“Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.” ~ John Milton
- “We develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and obstacles.” ~ Stephen Covey
- “The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it. – What does not destroy makes me stronger.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Humor is the spiciest condiment in the feast of existence. Laugh at your mistakes but learn from them, joke over your troubles but gather strength from them, make a jest of your difficulties but overcome them.” ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery
“Others can stop you temporarily – you are the only one who can do it permanently.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “There is no upper limit to what individuals are capable of doing with their minds. There is no age limit that bars them from beginning. There is no obstacle that cannot be overcome if they persist and believe.” ~ H. G. Wells
- “Let a man once overcome his selfish terror at his own finitude, and his finitude itself is, in one sense, overcome.” ~ George Santayana
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ~ Colin Powell
- “I understand that it’s hard for everyone, but one cannot give in to emotions… we’ll have to draw lessons from the current crisis and now we’ll have to work on overcoming it.” ~ Boris Yeltsin
- “You’re always going to face criticism, you’re always going to face challenges, but those things are there to make you stronger and more committed.” ~ David Robinson
- “The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.” ~ Helen Keller
“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” ~ Dolly Parton
- “If you understand others you are smart.
If you understand yourself you are illuminated.
If you overcome others you are powerful.
If you overcome yourself you have strength.
If you know how to be satisfied you are rich.
If you can act with vigor, you have a will.
If you don’t lose your objectives you can be long-lasting.
If you die without loss, you are eternal.” ~ Laozi
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~ Helen Keller
“A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit.” ~ Desiderius Erasmus
- “Jim Carrey, a comic genius, has a harder time overcoming the public’s desire for him to be funny simply because he’s so good at it.” ~ Ben Stiller
- “People who overcome their fears every day, without fanfare, without recognition. Quiet, everyday courage, that’s what I admire most.” ~ Mariska Hargitay
- “God knows our situation; He will not judge us as if we had no difficulties to overcome. What matters is the sincerity and perseverance of our will to overcome them.” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.” ~ Les Brown
“The superior man makes the difficulty to be overcome his first interest; success only comes later.” ~ Confucius
- “It is obvious that putting the Arab-Israeli dispute on a resolution track would be an important element of overcoming the confidence problem in the region.” ~ Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.” ~ Carl Jung
- “Not being beautiful was the true blessing. Not being beautiful forced me to develop my inner resources. The pretty girl has a handicap to overcome.” ~ Golda Meir
- “Understanding can overcome any situation, however mysterious or insurmountable it may appear to be.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
“So many fail because they don’t get started – they don’t go. They don’t overcome inertia. They don’t begin.” ~ W. Clement Stone
- “I identified in a very deep way with the individuals I was writing about because the theme that runs through this story is of extraordinary hardship and the will to overcome it.” ~ Laura Hillenbrand
- “It is right noble to fight with wickedness and wrong; the mistake is in supposing that spiritual evil can be overcome by physical means.” ~ Lydia M. Child
- “Good men have the fewest fears. He has but one great fear who fears to do wrong; he has a thousand who has overcome it.” ~ Christian Nestell Bovee
“I had to overcome the name Rock. If I’d been as hip then as I am now, I would have never consented to be named Rock.” ~ Rock Hudson
- “You didn’t just pay lip service to the goal of overcoming the division of Europe and Germany… Rather, you put yourself at the forefront of those who encouraged us on the way to unity.” ~ Helmut Kohl
- “The U.S. Olympic spirit award is an award that is given to an athlete who embodies the Olympic spirit in more ways than just on the playing field, in showing incredible perseverance, in overcoming obstacles, and what we wanted to do is have everybody can vote on-line.” ~ Brian Boitano
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. My optimism, then, does not rest on the absence of evil, but on a glad belief in the preponderance of good and a willing effort always to cooperate with the good, that it may prevail.” ~ Helen Keller
- “This overcoming of all the usual barriers between the individual and the Absolute is the great mystic achievement. In mystic states, we both become one with the Absolute and we become aware of our oneness. This is the everlasting and triumphant mystical tradition, hardly altered by differences of clime or creed.” ~ William James