Óscar Arístides Renta Fiallo, known professionally as Oscar de la Renta, was a Dominican fashion designer. Born in Santo Domingo, he was trained by Cristóbal Balenciaga and Antonio del Castillo. De la Renta became internationally known in the 1960s as one of the couturiers who dressed Jacqueline Kennedy. These Oscar de la Renta Quotes will motivate you.
Best Oscar de la Renta Quotes
- The qualities I most admire in women are confidence and kindness. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Be the designer of your own destiny. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Every day you have to reinvent yourself ~ Oscar de la Renta
- You have to appreciate every single day that you’re alive. Life is a little bit like a garden – you have to find time to plant the seeds for beautiful flowers to grow. ~ Oscar de la Renta
It’s not about what you wear, but about how you live your life.~ Oscar de la Renta
- Things never happen on accident. They happen because you have a vision, you have a commitment, you have a dream. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Luxury to me is not about buying expensive things; it’s about living in a way where you appreciate things. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- The well-dressed man never stands out in a crowd; his elegance sets him apart. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Elegance is a discipline of life. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Walk like you have three men walking behind you. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Women think black is the most flattering color, but they’re wrong. Pink adds a cosmetic-like radiance and warmth. Black drains the skin of color; pink delights the eye. ~ Oscar de la Renta
If you don’t move, you get stale. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Style begins by looking good naked. It’s a discipline. And if you don’t dress well every day, you lose the habit. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- It’s not about what you wear, but about how you live your life. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Style begins by looking good naked ~ Oscar de la Renta
- My great strength is knowing who I am and where I come from – my island. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- The essence of style is how you live your life ~ Oscar de la Renta
- The great thing about fashion is that it always looks forward. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- You don’t need an introduction to succeed in life. You need to have good work. Work hard. Believe in yourself
Women are born free, and I think that they should stay that way. ~ Oscar de la Renta
Silk does for the body what diamonds do for the hand. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I like light, color, luminosity. I like things full of color and vibrant. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- A fragrance is like a signature so that even after a woman leaves the room, her fragrance should reveal she’s been there. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- The most important thing? Perfect lighting at all times. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- There is always an emotional element to anything that you make. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I hate pretty. It’s a very empty word. It gives a bad name to beauty. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I always say: To be well dressed you must be well naked. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- If you wear a different perfume every day, I do not recognize you.
- Love. Be curious. Always try to do your best.
- The most important beauty is not that with which you were born, but the beauty of character which grows through a woman’s life and maybe never stops growing.
- Never, ever confuse what happens on a runway with fashion. A runway is spectacle. It’s only fashioned when a woman puts it on. Being well dressed hasn’t much to do with having good clothes. It’s a question of good balance and good common sense.
- I’ve lived every day to the fullest, and I’ve had a marvelous time. I’ve tried to be nice to the people I care about and ignore the ones I don’t. I enjoy what I’ve done.
Fashion is a trend, style is within a person. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I always think the best way to dress is when the person notices you first and the dress after. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I’m a happy fellow. I feel very privileged, lucky, that I have had a wonderful life. And that I have been always allowed to do what I love. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- The only realities in life are that you are born and that you die. We always think we are going to live forever. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- The dying aspect we will never accept. The one thing about having this kind of warning is how you appreciate every single day of life. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- Fashions change and with rare exceptions are forgotten by the public. But the classic fragrances, like an invisible dress, endure. Fragrance must be introduced properly. A fragrance is like a signature so that even after a woman leaves the room, her fragrance should reveal she’s been there. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I love to live well, I love to eat well, I love to buy beautiful things, and to give a fantastic time to my friends.
Today, there is no fashion, really. There are just… choices. Women dress today to reveal their personalities. They used to reveal the designer’s personality. Until the 70s, women listened to designers. Now women want to do it their own way. There are no boundaries. And without boundaries, there is no fashion. ~ Oscar de la Renta
Nothing says spring like hand-cut flowers. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- When a woman falls in love with something so much that she wants to wear it- it is at that point that it becomes fashion. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- I want to make clothes that people will wear, not styles that will make a big splash on the runway. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- My job as a designer is to make a woman feel her very best. ~ Oscar de la Renta Quotes
- Nothing is contrived. At night, the clothes should pour like liquid over the body. ~ Oscar de la Renta
- We live in an era of globalization and the era of the woman. Never in the history of the world have women been more in control of their destiny. ~ Oscar de la Renta