55 Best Negative Quotes On Success In Life
These negative quotes will inspire you. Negative or negative thinking and negativity (of a person, attitude, or situation) are not desirable or optimistic.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, happy and encouraging negative quotes, negative sayings, and negative proverbs.
Inspirational Negative Quotes
- “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Negative thinking definitely attracts negative results.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “For many, negative thinking is a habit which, over time, becomes an addiction.” ~ Peter McWilliams
- “There is a basic law that like attracts like. Negative thinking definitely attracts negative results. Conversely, if a person habitually thinks optimistically and hopefully, his positive thinking sets in motion creative forces – and success instead of eluding him flows toward him.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” ~ Peace Pilgrim
- “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” ~ Robert H. Schuller
- “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” ~ Joyce Meyer
- “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” ~ Willie Nelson
“Negative thinking blows everything out of proportion.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “Once our minds are ‘tattooed’ with negative thinking, our chances for long-term success diminish.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “All stress begins with a negative thought. One thought that went unchecked, and then more thoughts came and more until stress manifested. The effect is stress, but the cause was negative thinking, and it all began with one little negative thought. No matter what you might have manifested, you can change it ….with one small positive thought and then another.” ~ Rhonda Byrne
“Negative thinking limits God and our potential.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “Negative thinking is prevalent, in particular, among so many women in their later years, and, as a result, they live out their lives in discontent.” ~ Louise Hay
- “If you are selective about the things you choose to read, look at or listen to, then you are taking effective action against negative thinking. It’s just like with a computer; if you change the input, you will change the output.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “For many, negative thinking is a habit, which over time, becomes an addiction… A lot of people suffer from this disease because negative thinking is addictive to each of the Big Three – the mind, the body, and the emotions. If one doesn’t get you, the others are waiting in the wings.” ~ Peter McWilliams
“Surround yourself with positive people.” ~ Melanie
- “Innovative people have always been in high demand. Help those around you to develop that “never-say-die” attitude by developing it yourself. Make a decision, today, to outlaw complaining, whining and negative thinking in your own personality. And, a word of caution: if and when you are criticized for being so positive or as some call it, “unrealistic,” you will know you are on the right track.” ~ Bob Proctor , Negative quotes on attitude
- “Most people think that I am too optimistic, but my optimism is based on the thought that negative thinking is a luxury that we can’t afford.” ~ Yoko Ono
“Negative thinking keeps us from enjoying life.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” ~ Anne Frank
- “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” ~ W. Clement Stone
- “Negative thinking hinders others from making a positive response.” ~ John C. Maxwell
“I’ve never responded well to entrenched negative thinking.” ~ David Bowie
- “Negative thinking creates clouds at critical decision times.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “What we are talking about is learning to live in the present moment, in the now. When you aren’t distracted by your own negative thinking, when you don’t allow yourself to get lost in moments that are gone or yet to come, you are left with this moment. This moment-now-truly is the only moment you have. It is beautiful and special. Life is simply a series of such moments to be experienced one right after another. If you attend to the moment you are in and stay connected to your soul and remain happy, you will find that your heart is filled with positive feelings.” ~ Sydney Banks
- “When the negative thoughts come – and they will; they come to all of us – it’s not enough to just not dwell on it… You’ve got to replace it with a positive thought.” ~ Joel Osteen
“When you put faith, hope, and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” ~ Robert H. Schuller
- “Exceptionally hard decisions can deplete your energy to the point at which you finally cave in. If you mentally crumble and degenerate into negative thinking, you’ll magnify the problem to the point where it can haunt you.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities — always see them, for they’re always there.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
“Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “Running fills a need so we make fewer demands on others. Running reveals the roots of negative thinking, so the weeds can be pulled. Running reconnects the soul to the source, inspiring hope and creativity.” ~ Kristin Armstrong
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
- “Chronic negative thinking and the emotions it invokes is, like many destructive behaviors, a form of addiction… it may not be very pleasant, but it’s familiar.” ~ Lauren Mackler
“Negative thinking is always expensive–dragging us down mentally, emotionally, and physically–hence I refer to any indulgence in it as a luxury.” ~ Peter McWilliams
- “There are many misconceptions about depression-mostly negative. Unfortunately, because depressed people think negatively about depression and its treatment, they don’t get help, which allows the depression to worsen, which leads to more negative thinking, which produces a vicious cycle of suffering.” ~ Peter McWilliams
- “Jobs and money are never the primary cause of stress.
Thinking, negative thinking causes stress.
The real cause of all problems lie in our thoughts, not in things or circumstances.
You and I possess the power to change our thoughts.
It is our greatest power – the power to choose.
If you are feeling stressful, choose to relax.
Look at your problems as a stranger might then do something about them – NOW!” ~ Bob Proctor
“I’m a firm believer in anxiety and the power of negative thinking.” ~ Gertrude Berg
- “I am going to confront the old-fashioned negative thinking which says that all government needs to do to generate growth is cut worker and environmental protections, cut taxes on the rich and stroke ‘fat cats’ until they purr with pleasure. I’m completely repudiating the idea that government has to get out of the way.” ~ Vince Cable
- “Vexation of spirit is a waste of time Negative thinking, don’t you waste your thoughts Verbal conflict is a waste of word Physical conflict is a waste of flesh People will always be who they want And that’s what really makes the world go round Unconditional love is scarce.” ~ Damian Marley , Negative quotes about love
- “When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or a pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It’s all a matter of perspective.” ~ Harvey Mackay
“Positive thinking doesn’t guarantee results, all it offers is something better than negative thinking.” ~ Seth Godin
- “One reason why it has become harder to promote the beneficial side of emotions such as anger is that the moral vocabulary of good and bad has been replaced by the self-help lexicon of positive and negative thinking.” ~ Julian Baggini
- “What I think I have in common with the school of deconstruction is the mode of negative thinking or negative awareness, in the technical, philosophical sense of the negative, but which comes to me through negative theology.” ~ Harold Bloom
- “My optimism and confidence come not from feeling I’m luckier than other mortals, and they sure don’t come from visualizing victory. They’re the result of a lifetime spent visualizing defeat and figuring out how to prevent it. Like most astronauts, I’m pretty sure that I can deal with what life throws at me because I’ve thought about what to do if things go wrong, as well as right. That’s the power of negative thinking.” ~ Chris Hadfield
“Negative thinking will always lead to failure and nervous prostration; but positive faith- positive thinking -will lead you towards happy, healthy, and abundant living.” ~ Albert E Cliffe
- “Any analysis of ‘sin’ or ‘evil’ or ‘demonic influence’ or ‘negative thinking’ or ‘systemic evil’ or ‘antisocial behavior’ that fails to see the lack of self-dignity as the core of the problem will prove to be too shallow.” ~ Robert H. Schuller , Negative quotes about self
- “I suppose it goes without saying that negative speaking so often flows from negative thinking about ourselves. We see our own faults, we speak–or at least think–critically of ourselves, and before long that is how we see everyone and everything. No sunshine, no roses, no promise of hope or happiness. Before long we and everybody around us are miserable.” ~ Jeffrey R. Holland
- “The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people.” ~ Colin Powell , Negative quotes about life
“People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?” ~ Nhat Hanh
- “Negative thinking patterns can be immensely deceptive and persuasive, and change is rarely easy. But with patience and persistence, I believe that nearly all individuals suffering from depression can improve and experience a sense of joy and self-esteem once again.” ~ David D. Burns
- “Many of us grow up thinking of mistakes as bad, viewing errors as evidence of fundamental incapacity. This negative thinking pattern can create a self-fulfilling prophecy, which undermines the learning process. To maximize our learning it is essential to ask: “How can we get the most from every mistake we make?”” ~ Tony Buzan
“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” ~ Willie Nelson
- “I am a firm believer in ‘negative thinking’ when used correctly. We need to be AWARE of negatives so that we can steer clear of them. A golfer needs to know where the bunkers and sand traps are – but he doesn’t think continuously about the bunker – where he doesn’t want to go. His mind glances at the bunker, but he DWELLS upon the green.” ~ Maxwell Maltz
- “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” ~ Peace Pilgrim