These Napster quotes will inspire you. Napster is an audio streaming service provider owned by MelodyVR. It was originally launched on June 1, 1999, as a pioneering peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing software service with an emphasis on digital audio file distribution.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging Napster quotes, Napster sayings, and Napster proverbs.
Best Napster Quotes
- “I challenge record companies to show me evidence of a single penny they’ve lost due to Napster.” ~ Dave Rowntree
- “When you think of Napster, you think of music. But the first thing that struck me was that this was an important case not only for the music industry but for the whole Internet.” ~ David Boies
- “This kid came up with Napster, and before that, none of us thought of content protection.” ~ Morgan Freeman
“Our democracy, our constitutional framework is really a kind of software for harnessing the creativity and political imagination for all of our people. The American democratic system was an early political version of Napster.” ~ Al Gore
- “Napster is essentially using the music to make money for themselves and that’s the part that’s both morally and legally wrong. That I think is more relevant than whether or not I’m losing money.” ~ Hilary Rosen
- “Napster works because people who love music share and participate.” ~ Shawn Fanning
- “When you think about the guys who started Twitter, and the Google guys, and the Facebook guys and the Napster guys, and the Microsoft guys, and the Dell guys and the Instagram guys, it’s all guys. The girls, they’re being left behind.” ~ will.i.am
“Napster’s only alleged liability is for contributory or vicarious infringement. So when Napster’s users engage in noncommercial sharing of music, is that activity copyright infringement? No.” ~ David Boies
- “I think Sean Parker damaged the music business with Napster.” ~ Curtis Jackson
- “It’s a radical time for musicians, a really revolutionary time, and I believe revolutions like Napster are a lot more fun than cash, which by the way we don’t have at major labels anyway, so we might as well get with it and get in the game.” ~ Courtney Love
- “I think it’s pretty obvious to most people that Napster is not media specific, but I could see a system like Napster evolving into something that allows users to locate and retrieve different types of data other than just MP3s or audio files.” ~ Shawn Fanning
“Napster was predicating its business model on violation of copyright.” ~ Dan Farmer
- “I’ve never supported this concept of going after Napster. I think the rock bands who fought this were wrong.” ~ Michael Moore
- “With Napster and the sharing of music, of course, there are going to be people who exploit it. Greed has no end. But there’s a lot of good that could happen. We shouldn’t let the economic concerns of the major labels infringe on our freedom to share music.” ~ Ian MacKaye
- “I think that the most beautiful thing lately hasn’t been in hardware or software per se but collaboration – the idea behind Napster, which uses the distributed power of the Internet as its engine.” ~ Steven Levy
“Back before Napster and Spotify, we toured to promote record sales.
Now we make records to promote tour dates.” ~ James McMurtry
- “Ever since Napster I’ve dreamt of building a product similar to Spotify.” ~ Sean Parker
- “I hate to say Napster kind of killed our business, but what can I tell ya?” ~ Frank Stallone
- “I think the fact that Napster is stealing recorded music is something that we have to stop. It’s taking money out of my kid’s mouth. That is the way I look at it. It’s inherently wrong. It’s stealing.” ~ Art Alexakis
- “The business model of Linux distribution is broken; it’s like the business model of the dotcoms. Running your company on Linux is like running your company on Napster.” ~ Darl McBride