These mental energy quotes will inspire you. Mental energy is a mood, but can also be defined as the ability or willingness to engage in cognitive work.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging mental energy quotes, mental energy sayings, and mental energy proverbs.
Best Mental Energy Quotes
- “Thoughts are mental energy; they’re the currency that you have to attract what you desire. Learn to stop spending that currency on thoughts you don’t want.” ~ Wayne Dyer
- “Wasting brain power ruminating about things you can’t control drains mental energy quickly. The more you think about problems you can’t solve, the less energy you’ll have leftover for more productive endeavors.” ~ Amy Morin
- “Dealing with complexity is an inefficient and unnecessary waste of time, attention and mental energy. There is never any justification for things being complex when they could be simple.” ~ Edward de Bono
“When I put my nose in a glass, it’s like tunnel vision. I move into another world, where everything around me is just gone, and every bit of mental energy is focused on that wine.” ~ Robert M. Parker, Jr.
- “You obviously don’t really forget how to play the old songs; you just don’t have to spend so much time convincing yourself that you remember them. Way less mental energy is spent swimming around in lyrics you’ve already written and chords you’ve already played.” ~ Jeff Tweedy
- “I plan my time to a ‘T.’ I plan when I am going to sleep; I plan when I am going to relax. I obviously leave time to have spontaneous life experiences – I think that’s really important. But so much of it is setting up you mental energy in the right way to get the most out of your day and time.” ~ Payal Kadakia
- “Pay attention to how your thoughts change when you’re faced with negative people. The more time you spend dreading, fretting, worrying, and rehashing, the less time you’ll have to devote to more productive things. Make a conscious effort to reduce the amount of mental energy you expend on negative people.” ~ Amy Morin
“When mental energy is allowed to follow the line of least resistance and to fall into easy channels, it is called weakness.” ~ James Allen
- “Deep in the human nature, there is an almost irresistible tendency to concentrate physical and mental energy on attempts at solving problems that seem to be unsolvable. Indeed, for some kinds of active people, only the seemingly unsolvable problems can arouse their interest.” ~ Ragnar Frisch
- “The secret to gaining the upper hand in a negotiation is to give the other side the illusion of control. Don’t try to force your opponent to admit that you are right. Ask questions, that begin with ‘How?’ or ‘What?’ so your opponent uses mental energy to figure out the answer.” ~ Christopher Voss
- “Libraries are reservoirs of strength, grace and wit, reminders of order, calm and continuity, lakes of mental energy, neither warm nor cold, light nor dark.” ~ Germaine Greer
- “When you have two races in a row, it’s really important to keep that mental energy stable.” ~ Mikaela Shiffrin
- “My ultimate goal is to create operating systems for myself that allow me to think as little as possible about the silly decisions you can make all day long – like what to eat or where we should meet – so I can focus on making real decisions. Because mental energy is a finite quantity.” ~ Alexa Von Tobel
- “I’m not at the hoarder stage, but there are two or three storage units here and there. I have things that a lot of people put a lot of heart and soul into, a lot of mental energy. I’m good at keeping those things. When it comes to pop culture, as you move through this fast lane, you wonder where it all goes and how you can hold onto it.” ~ Taylor Hicks
- “I believe if you start a business with the intent of making it huge, you’re already prioritizing the wrong thing. Size is important, but it’s a byproduct of a whole bunch of other things that are worth way more of your mental energy – customers, service, quality.” ~ Jason Fried
“You use up a lot of mental energy in the Champions League.” ~ Claudio Ranieri
- “In the rare cases where I’ve had to cut a company loose, I just tell them why and wish them luck and hope they learn something from it. I don’t spend more mental energy on it than I have to, and I try very hard not to hold a grudge or try to negatively affect them either. It’s just done for me.” ~ David Cohen
- “I had a year of panic attacks. I was feeling really pressured like I could never do it again. With a first novel, you put things on hold because it takes so much mental energy and self-belief to keep on writing.” ~ Naomi Alderman
“As a kid, I spent a lot of my mental energy hiding who I was and attempting to fit in.” ~ Arca
- “There is something about being on stage that’s a release for me. It gets my mental energy out.” ~ Keith Flint
- “Since we didn’t use guns, we wanted to make sure we could earn the ability to win the audience over by making it believable. A lot of what you do when you work out in that mode is use your mental energy.” ~ Lucy Liu