Melody Beattie is an American author of self-help books on codependent relationships. This Melody Beattie quotes will motivate you.
Best Melody Beattie Quotes
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. ~ Melody Beattie
- Letting go means we stop trying to force outcomes and make people behave. It means we give up resistance to the way things are, for the moment. It means we stop trying to do the impossible-controlling that which we cannot-and instead, focus on what is possible-which usually means taking care of ourselves. And we do this in gentleness, kindness, and love, as much as possible. ~ Melody Beattie
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. It turns problems into gifts, failures into successes, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. It can turn an existence into a real-life, and disconnected situations into important and beneficial lessons. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. Gratitude makes things right. ~ Melody Beattie, Melody Beattie quotes on gratitude
It’s so easy to look around and notice what’s wrong. It takes practice to see what’s right. ~ Melody Beattie
- Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~ Melody Beattie
- Accept yourself. Love yourself just as you are. Your finest work, your best moments, your joy, peace, and healing come when you love yourself. You give a great gift to the world when you do that. You give others permission to do the same: to love themselves. Revel in self-love. Roll in it. Bask in it, as you would the sunshine. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will stop trying to control my relationships. I will participate at a reasonable level and let the other person do the same. I can let go, knowing that the relationship will find its own life-or not-and that I don’t have to do all the work, only my share. ~ Melody Beattie
- Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress. ~ Melody Beattie
Striving for excellence is a positive quality. Striving for perfection is self-defeating. ~ Melody Beattie
- I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people’s lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today, I will focus on what’s right about me. I will give myself some of the caring I’ve extended to the world. ~ Melody Beattie
- You can clear the land, plow the field, spread the fertilizer, and plant the corn. But you cannot make it rain. You cannot prevent an early frost. ~ Melody Beattie
- You cannot determine exactly what will happen in your life. The rain may or may not fall, but one thing is certain: you will get a harvest only if you planted something in the field. It’s important to do everything in our power to ensure our success, but we also need to let the universe take its course. ~ Melody Beattie
Goals give us direction. They put a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious, and subconscious level. Goals give our life direction. ~ Melody Beattie
- Life is always moving, changing, shifting into its next shape. The movement is natural. It is how we evolve. Let the shifts happen. Take responsibility for yourself each step of the way. Trust the new shape and form of your world ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will do something just for the fun of it. I will find something to do that’s just for me and I won’t worry about what I should be doing. I will learn how to make myself feel good and enjoy life to the fullest. ~ Melody Beattie Quotes
- The more we learn to love and respect ourselves, the more we will become attracted to people who will love and respect us and who we can safely love and respect. ~ Melody Beattie
- Let go of your expectations. The universe will do what it will. Sometimes your dreams will come true. Sometimes they won’t. Sometimes when you let go of a broken dream, another one gently takes its place. Be aware of what is, not what you would like to be, taking place. ~ Melody Beattie
Control is an illusion. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will refuse to jump into the middle of others’ affairs, issues, and relationships. I will trust others to work out their own problems, including the ideas and feelings they want to communicate to each other. ~ Melody Beattie
- “Remember to be kind. Remember to be loving. Remember to feel all your feelings and to take care of yourself. But most of all, remember to be happy.” ~ Melody Beattie
- The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will simply accept. I will relinquish the need to be in resistance to myself and my environment in any way. I will move forward in joy by accepting where I am right now. ~ Melody Beattie
- Caring works. Caretaking doesn’t. We can learn to walk the line between the two. ~ Melody Beattie
- Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls. ~ Melody Beattie Quotes
- Choosing to take responsibility for ourselves and for the consequences our choices create looks like hard work, but it really sets us free. ~ Melody Beattie
Love yourself just as you are. ~ Melody Beattie
- Relax, you’re on a journey of discovery. Let life reveal itself to you. ~ Melody Beattie
- … I’ve learned that I have many, many soul mates here, and they come to me at the right time and in the right place. They come to help me when I’m lost, and each comes with different sets of lessons for me — usually, always, my most intense lessons — the ones my soul came here to learn. ~ Melody Beattie
- Going home means getting comfortable being who you are and who your soul really wants to be. There is no strain with that. The strain and tension come when we’re not being who our soul wants to be and we’re someplace where our soul doesn’t feel at home. ~ Melody Beattie
- Be patient. Relax and trust. Let go. Then, let go some more. ~ Melody Beattie
- Boundaries emerge from deep within. They are connected to letting go of guilt and shame, and to changing our beliefs about what we deserve. As our thinking about this becomes clearer, so will our boundaries. Boundaries are also connected to a Higher Timing than our own. We’ll set a limit when we’re ready, and not a moment before. So will others. There’s something magical about reaching that point of becoming ready to set a limit. We know we mean what we say; others take us seriously too. Things change, not because we’re controlling others, but because we’ve changed. ~ Melody Beattie
We cannot change others, but when we change ourselves, we may end up changing the world. ~ Melody Beattie
- If somebody rejects you or your choices, you are still real, and you are still worth every bit as much as you would be if you had not been rejected. ~ Melody Beattie
- Arranging for and allowing ourselves to have fun is an important part of taking care of ourselves. It helps us stay healthy. It helps us work better. It balances life. We deserve to have fun. Fun is a normal part of being alive. Fun is taking time to celebrate being alive. ~ Melody Beattie
- “Speak your truth.
Listen when others speak theirs, too.
When you let go of fear, you will learn to love others,
and you will let them love you.
Do not be afraid of dying.
But do not be afraid to live.
Ask yourself what that means.
Open your heart to love, for that is why you are here.
And know that you are, and always have been One
with Me and all who live.” ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will not wait for someone to come to my aid. I’m not helpless. Although help may come, I’m my own rescuer. My relationships will dramatically improve when I stop rescuing others and stop expecting others to rescue me. ~ Melody Beattie
No – simple to pronounce, hard to say. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will tell myself that I’m lovable. Just because some people haven’t been able to love me in ways that worked doesn’t mean that I’m unlovable. I’ve had lessons to learn, and some of them have hurt deeply, but I can still love, and I still am loved. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will focus on a peaceful pace, rather than a harried one. I will keep moving forward gently, not frantically. I will let go of my need to be anxious and upset and will replace these feelings with calmness and harmony. ~ Melody Beattie Quotes
- Gratitude isn’t a tool to manipulate the universe or God. It’s a way to acknowledge our faith that everything happens for a reason even if we don’t know what that reason is. ~Melody Beattie, 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact, pg. 34. ~ Melody Beattie
- We don’t have to do it any better than we can – ever. Do our best for the moment, then let it go. If we have to redo it, we can do our best in another moment, later. ~ Melody Beattie
- Believing that things happen too slowly or too quickly is an illusion. Timing is perfect. ~ Melody Beattie
- Gratitude turns negative energy into positive energy. There is no situation or circumstance so small or large that it is not susceptible to gratitude’s power. ~ Melody Beattie
- Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will learn to reject shame. Shame is an overwhelming sense that who I am isn’t good enough. I realize that I am good enough and that my imperfections are part of being human. I let go of shame. ~ Melody Beattie
- Embrace and love all of yourself – past, present, and future. Forgive yourself quickly and as often as necessary. Encourage yourself. Tell yourself good things about yourself. ~ Melody Beattie
We don’t just get our choice; we get the consequence that choice creates. ~ Melody Beattie
- Today I will honor, cherish, and love myself. When I get confused about what to do, I just have to remember that I need to be true to myself. I will break free of the hold that others-and their expectations-ha ve on me. ~ Melody Beattie
- Are you balanced? Do you share your time, your energy, your life, as much with yourself as you do with those around you?. . . . Know your limits. You are one of the most important people you need to look after and love. Balance your time, your energy, your life with those around you. You’ll be able to give more freely and joyfully as a result, and you’ll be more open to the gifts of the universe. It’s not wrong to give to others. But it’s okay to say yes to ourselves, too. ~ Melody Beattie
- God loves me enough to let me go through all the lessons I came here to learn, even the ones that hurt the most. His presence doesn’t deny me. It’s always there to help me see and understand what I came to this planet to learn. ~ Melody Beattie
- We are more than our problems. Even if our problem is our own behavior, the problem is not who we are-it’s what we did. It’s okay to have problems. It’s okay to talk about problems-at appropriate times, and with safe people. It’s okay to solve problems. And we’re okay, even when we have, or someone we love has a problem. We don’t have to forfeit our personal power or our self-esteem. We have solved exactly the problems we’ve needed to solve to become who we are. ~ Melody Beattie
- Other people may be there to help us, teach us, guide us along our path, But the lesson to be learned is always ours. ~ Melody Beattie
- The surest way to make ourselves crazy is to get involved in other people’s business, and the quickest way to become sane and happy is to tend to our own affairs. ~ Melody Beattie
- Gratitude can turn a meal into a feast. ~ Melody Beattie