65 Love And Hate Quotes On Success In Life
These love and hate quotes will inspire you. A love-hate relationship is an interpersonal relationship involving simultaneous or alternating emotions of love and hate—something particularly common when emotions are intense.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging love and hate quotes, love and hate sayings, and love and hate proverbs.
Best Love And Hate Quotes
- “Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.” ~ Francis of Assisi
- “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.” ~ Sigmund Freud
- “Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “By its very nature, hate destroys and tears down; by its very nature, love creates and builds up.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” ~ Drake
- “Not only are love and hate such closely related emotions, but it’s a lot easier to hate someone you’ve cared about than someone you never have.” ~ Marilyn Manson
- “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.” ~ Eldridge Cleaver
- “Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones.” ~ Mignon McLaughlin
“The Opposite of Love is not hate, but power” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “Love sees sharply, hatred sees even more sharp, but Jealousy sees the sharpest for it is love and hate at the same time.” ~ Sarah Brightman
- “Hate and love are very similar emotions. The opposite of love is you don’t care.” ~ Kanye West
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. , Love and hate quotes friendship
“The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.” ~ Elie Wiesel
- “Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ~ Coretta Scott King
“We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The opposite of love is not hate. It is fear.” ~ Gary Zukav
- “Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire.” ~ Kurt Tucholsky
- “Hate must make a man productive. Otherwise one might as well love.” ~ Karl Kraus
- “Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.” ~ Lord Byron
“The woman is the most perfect doll that i have dressed with delight and admiration.” ~ Karl Lagerfeld
- “We have enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” ~ Jonathan Swift
- “If we judge love by most of its effects, it resembles rather hatred than affection.” ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.” ~ William Blake
- “Oh love and hate are two sides of the same blade” ~ Jacqueline Carey
“Another reason why we must love our enemies is that hate scars the soul and distorts the personality.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
- “Nothing turns to hate so bitter as what once was love.” ~ Laurell K. Hamilton
- “I didn’t know what hate felt like, not the hate that comes after love. It’s huge and desperate and it longs to be proved wrong. And every day it’s proved right it grows a little more monstrous. If the love was passion, the hate will be obsession. A need to see the once-loved weak and cowed beneath pity. Disgust is close and dignity is far away. The hate is not only for the once loved, it’s for yourself too; how could you ever have loved this?” ~ Jeanette Winterson
- “Let us consider the polarity of love and hate…. Now, clinical observation shows not only that love is with unexpected regularityaccompanied by hate (ambivalence), and not only that in human relationships hate is frequently a forerunner of love, but also that in many circumstances hate changes into love and love into hate.” ~ Sigmund Freud , Love and hate quotes relationship
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Love and hate, black and white,
Right or wrong, who is right?
Some smoke joints to anoint their brain
To the vanishing point…so they won’t go insane.” ~ Pharoahe Monch
- “Two or three things I know for sure, and one of them is the way you can both hate and love something you are not sure you understand.” ~ Dorothy Allison
- “Hate and love are reciprocal passions.” ~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “Love and hate are not opposites. The opposite of love is indifference.” ~ Alexander Sutherland Neill
“To be a fashion critic is easy because you just say, ‘I love it, I hate it,’ but life is more than love and hate.” ~ Alber Elbaz
- “Hatred is blind, as well as love.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I must learn to love the fool in me the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.” ~ Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “Because love and hate were supposed to stand cleanly on opposite sides of the spectrum. The division seemed as clear as…well, angels and demons would once have seemed to her. Not anymore.” ~ Lauren Kate
“The best thing to do is dive with your imagination ~ you can never drown yourself.” ~ Karl Lagerfeld
- “Give me those days with heart in riot, The depths of bliss that touched on pain, The force of hate, and love’s disquiet- Ah, give me back my youth again!” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Oh, let us lose our milk teeth and cut instead the strong teeth of hate and love.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
- “In the closed world of the gynaeceum, despite the gardens and parkland extending beyong the horizon, despite the insurmountable walls separating pavilions and palaces, the tangled web of our fate was inescapable. Why did these women love each other to the point of madness? Why did they loathe one another so vehemently, and why did sworn enemies feel such horror and fascination for one another? Why should furious hate become obsession, then intoxication and the very reason to live? Because love and hate were the two heads of the demon.” ~ Shan Sa
“Love and hate, despite their polar opposites, are both feelings that are induced by passion. I can handle that. It’s the indifference I don’t know how to process.” ~ Colleen Hoover
- “Sometimes I wish it were a simpler world. I love and hate people. When I say I hate people, I really truly mean it. Sometimes I think everyone should be dead, that the animals would be better off without people. But sometimes I go into the square and I look at all the people passing me by and it fulfills me -as long as they don’t bother me. As long as they just walk past and don’t ask me for anything, it’s fine. I almost wish I could think about it in a mundane way.” ~ Willis Earl Beal
- “Being desirable means being comfortable with your own ambiguity. The most ambiguous reality is that we are flesh and spirit at the same time. Within everyone there is light and shadow, good and evil, love and hate. In order to be truthful, you must embrace your total being. A person who exhibits both positive and negative qualities, strengths and weaknesses is not flawed, but complete.” ~ Rumi
- “When love and hate are both absent everything becomes clear and undisguised.” ~ Rajneesh
- “In any case, community is not about perfect people. It is about people who are bonded to each other, each of whom is a mixture of good and bad, darkness and light, love and hate.” ~ Jean Vanier
- “Pictures… are also opinions… [they] set down what the camera operator sees and he sees what he wants to see and what he loves and hates and pities and is proud of.” ~ John Steinbeck
“The lovely loving and the hateful hates.” ~ Lorenz Hart
- “Sorrow and happiness are the heresies of virtue; joy and anger lead astray from TAO; love and hate cause loss of virtue. The heart unconscious of sorrow and happiness – that is perfect virtue. One, without change – that is perfect repose. Without any obstruction – that is the perfection of the unconditioned. Holding no relations with the external world, – that is perfection of the negative state. Without blemish of any kind, – that is the perfection of purity.” ~ Zhuangzi
- “My psycho-analytic work has convinced me that when in the baby’s mind the conflicts between love and hate arise, and the fears of losing the loved one become active, a very important step is made in development.” ~ Melanie Klein
- “Innately, there are qualities in human beings that are always repetitive. There are things like love and hate and jealousy that are just going to be there forever.” ~ Shiloh Fernandez
- “I think that it’s a crime to say you are bored when time is so precious and there are so many things to do in life: read, learn, watch.” ~ Karl Lagerfeld
“All human desire is poised on an axis of paradox, absence and presence its poles, love and hate its motive energies.” ~ Anne Carson
- “Sometimes the best ideas I have are in my bathtub or in my bed or in my dreams early in the morning before waking up … I’m like a TV antennae, I catch it all and do it my way.” ~ Karl Lagerfeld
- “When Catullus expresses his love and hate for Lesbia, he is not obviously voicing a wish to rid himself of one or the other of these two sentiments. Not all contradictions resolve into temporal change of belief or desire.” ~ Raymond Geuss
“I can’t think of any male politician who magnetizes love and hate – mainly hate – the way [Margaret Thatcher] did.” ~ Hilary Mantel
- “Just be careful. Passion is a bridge that connects love and hate. When you’re standing in the middle of that bridge, don’t let yourself get turned around. You’ve got to make sure you know which direction you’re heading. Watch yourself.” ~ Jay Bell
- “The simple truth is that you can understand the way you are. You can know and love and hate it. You can blame it, resent it, and nothing changes. In the end, you’re just a part of it.” ~ Brenna Yovanoff