Incredible Hulk, an American comic strip character created for Marvel Comics by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby. The towering, muscle-bound antihero debuted in the bimonthly series The Incredible Hulk in May 1962. These Hulk quotes will motivate you in life.
Best Incredible Hulk Quotes
- “Steve Rogers: Doctor Banner, now might be a good time for you to get angry.
Bruce Banner: That’s my secret, Cap: I’m always angry.” , Hulk Quotes on being Angry
- “My son is…unique. And because he is unique, the world will not tolerate his existence.” — David Banner, Hulk
- “Bruce Banner: (after smashing Loki several times) Puny god”
“Is he Man or Monster… or IS HE BOTH?” – The Incredible Hulk
- “Bruce Banner: Who’s Scott?
Steve Rogers: Ant-Man.
Bruce Banner: There’s an Ant-Man AND a Spider-Man?”
- “Maybe the real reason I became the Hulk… was to protect the world from Banner.” — Bruce, Incredible Hulk
- “Bruce Banner: I don’t want to fight your sister. That’s a family issue.”
“Wanda Maximoff: I know you’re angry.
Bruce Banner: Oh, no, we’re way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade.”
- “I’ve been alone for a long time. Not because I want to be, but because until I solve this problem, I have to be.” — Bruce, The Incredible Hulk quotes
- “Thor: You’re not the stupid Avenger. Nobody calls you the stupid Avenger.
Bruce Banner: It’s okay
Thor: You just can’t go around throwing shields at people, you could have killed me.
Bruce Banner: I know, I’m sorry! I just get so angry all the time! Hulk always… always angry.
Thor: I know. We’re the same, you and I. Just a couple of hot-headed fools.
Bruce Banner: Yeah, same. Hulk like fire… Thor like water.
Thor: Well, we’re kind of both like fire.
Bruce Banner: But Hulk like real fire. Like… raging fire. Thor like smoldering fire.”
“Bruce Banner: No team, only Hulk.”
- “Bruce Banner: So you’re saying that the Hulk, the other guy, saved my life? That’s nice. It’s a nice sentiment. Save it for what
Tony Stark: I guess we’ll find out.
Bruce Banner: You may not enjoy that.
Tony Stark: You just might.”
- “Bah! If puny god is all that makes ground shake, Hulk will climb to top of mountain – and make god stop!” —Hulk, Incredible Hulk
- “Bruce Banner: Where in the world am I not a threat?
Natasha Romanoff: You’re not a threat to me.
Bruce Banner: You sure? Even if I didn’t just… there’s no future with me. I can’t ever… I can’t have this. Kids. Do the math. I physically can’t.”
- “Natasha Romanoff: You’re not going to turn green?
Bruce Banner: I’ve got a compelling reason not to lose my cool.
Natasha Romanoff: I adore you. But I need the other guy.”
“LEAVE HULK ALONE!!” — Hulk
- “Tony Stark: It’s good to meet you, Doctor Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled – and I’m a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster.
Bruce:…Thanks.” — The Avengers
- “Sorry, it’s just… Tony Stark and Reed Richards use their genius to save the world every other week. That’s how they’ll be remembered in history. Meanwhile, I — I, who, forgive me, have just as much to contribute — will be lucky if my tombstone doesn’t simply say “Hulk Smash”.” — Bruce, Indestructible Hulk
- “Steve Rogers: He keeps building bodies.
Tony Stark: Person bodies. The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we’re outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it.
Natasha Romanoff: When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed.
Bruce Banner: They don’t need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron’s going to evolve.”
- “Tony Stark: We haven’t caught up, have we?
Bruce Banner: No.
Tony Stark: The Avengers broke up. We’re toast.
Bruce Banner: Broke up? Like a band? Like the Beatles?”
“Bruce Banner: I don’t think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy’s brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.”
- “Nick Fury: The cell was just in case
Bruce Banner: In case you needed to kill me, but you can’t. I know! I tried! I got low. I didn’t see an end so I put a bullet in my mouth, and the other guy spit it out. So I moved on, I focused on helping other people. I was good until you dragged me back into this freak show. You put everyone here at risk. You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm
Steve Rogers: Dr. Banner, put down the septer.
Nick Fury: Got it.
Bruce Banner: Sorry kids. You don’t get to see my party trick after all.”
- “Bruce Banner: Time travel!
[Steve Rogers walks out]
Bruce Banner: What? I see this as an absolute win.”
- “Loki: I am a GOD, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by –
(five seconds of utterly one-sided ass-kicking)
Hulk: …Puny god.” — The Avengers
- “Bruce Banner: You saw what those stones did to Thanos, they almost killed him. None of you could survive.
Steve Rogers: How do we know you will?
Bruce Banner: You don’t. But the radiation’s mostly gamma. It’s like I was made for this.”
- “Bruce Banner: What’s those things on her eyes? Are those for the people she’s killed? She’s so beautiful and strong and courageous.”
“Bruce Banner: You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn’t exactly what I want to hear.”
- “Bruce Banner: I don’t know how to fly this thing!
Thor: You’re a doctor, use one of your PhDs.
Bruce Banner: None of them are for flying alien spaceships!”
- “Thor: Are we cool? I guess so. It’s Hulk in a hot tub. How long have you been like that?
Bruce Banner: Like what?
Thor: Like this. Big, green, …stupid.
Bruce Banner: Hulk always Hulk.
Thor: How’d you get here?
Bruce Banner: Winning.”
- “Bruce Banner: Thor go. Hulk stay.
Thor: Fine. Stay here. Stupid place. It’s hideous, by the way. The red, the white. Just pick a color.
Bruce Banner: Smash you.
Thor: You didn’t smash anything. I won that fight.
Bruce Banner: I smashed you.
Thor: Yeah, sure, sure.
Bruce Banner: Baby Arms.
Bruce Banner: Baby.
Thor: Moron! You big child.
Bruce Banner: Thor go!”
“Valkarie: I feel like I know you.
Bruce Banner: I feel like I know you, too.”
- “Arthur: What if the Hulk wasn’t green? Would we still think he was awesome?
Sheldon: Yeah I suppose so. He’d still be the Incredible Hulk.
Arthur: And what if the Hulk had, like, a smooth sexy voice? And was a dude people wanted to be around?
Sheldon: I dunno… I guess he’d still kinda be the Hulk.
Arthur: And what if the Hulk needed to BORROW $2O? Would you give it to him?
Sheldon: I suppose I’d kinda have to. He’s the Hulk.
Arthur: And what if the Hulk looked like a smaller creature? Say, a mongoose? Or perhaps a sexy-voiced duck?
Sheldon: What’s happening here?
Arthur: You’re not answering my question.” — Sheldon
- “Bruce Banner: Who’s that?
Thor: He kind of runs the place. You actually lived in his house.
Bruce Banner: I did?
Thor: Yeah. Quite a lot’s happened. You and I had a fight recently.
Bruce Banner: Did I win?
Thor: No, I won. Easily.
Bruce Banner: Doesn’t sound right.
Thor: Well, it’s true.”
- “Bruce Banner: How’d a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?
Natasha Romanoff: Fella done me wrong.
Bruce Banner: You got lousy taste in men, kid.”
- “Bruce Banner: For years, I’ve been treating the Hulk-like he’s some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I start looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab, I put the brains and the brawn together and now look at me. Best of both worlds.”
- “There you are, Banner. Weak. Soft. You let the old man scream at you. You let the pretty girl walk away. You hide in your work. And what kind of work is that? You’re a genius. You could do anything. But you make bombs. Don’t seem to get it, do you? Look at you. Playing the hero. Risking your life to save some stupid kid. But if you’re so smart … why didn’t you just stop the countdown from the bunker? And as gamma radiation seeps into every cell in your body … you scream. For hours. And what’s running through your head all that time? Same thing as always. Daddy beating Bruce. Daddy killing mommy. And little Bruce finally hitting back … and killing daddy. Stupid kid. Buzzing around like an insect … but you can’t shut him up. Can’t ever let yourself go. Until now. Of course, you’ll hate yourself tomorrow. But you don’t have to. You can just hate the Hulk. That’s why you made me, isn’t it?” — The Hulk quotes
- “Even now, I can feel it. Buried somewhere deep inside. Watching me. Waiting. But you know what scares me the most? When I can’t fight it anymore when it takes over when I totally lose control…” “I like it.” — Bruce, Hulk