These Hate quotes will inspire you. Hatred or hate is a very angry emotional response to certain people or ideas. Hatred is often associated with intense feelings of anger and disgust.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, knowledgeable, and hate quotes, hate sayings and hate proverbs.
Inspirational Hate Quotes
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat.” ~ Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” ~ Stephen King
- “A Rattlesnake, if Cornered will become so angry it will bite itself. That is exactly what the harboring of hate and resentment against others is — a biting of oneself. We think we are harming others in holding these spites and hates, but the deeper harm is to ourselves.” ~ E. Stanley Jones
- “The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die, liberty will never perish.” ~ Charlie Chaplin
- “I shall never permit myself to stoop so low as to hate any man.” ~ Booker T. Washington
“I think that hate is a feeling that can only exist where there is no understanding.” ~ Tennessee Williams
- “Like unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Hatred is the coward’s revenge for being intimidated.” ~ George Bernard Shaw, Revenge hate quotes
- “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” ~ George Washington Carver
- “Hatred is something peculiar. You will always find it strongest and most violent where there is the lowest degree of culture.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” ~ Will Smith , Hate quotes about life
“A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man.” ~ Archibald MacLeish
- “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve, and bad things are very easy to get.” ~ Confucius
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
- “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us.” ~ Hermann Hesse, Hate quotes for him
- “I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.” ~ James A. Baldwin
“I’d rather have people hate me with the knowledge that I tried to save them.” ~ Keith Green
- “Hatred, which could destroy so much, never failed to destroy the man who hated, and this was an immutable law.” ~ James A. Baldwin
- “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” ~ Coretta Scott King
- “When someone says, ‘I love you,’ he is telling you about himself, not you. When someone says, ‘I hate you,’ she is telling you about herself, not you. World views are self views-literally.” ~ Adyashanti
“If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.” ~ Charley Reese
- “Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I’m free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.” ~ W. C. Fields
- “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” ~ Michael Jackson
“We have enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” ~ Jonathan Swift
- “You can’t make yourself closer to God by hating someone else, whether you believe it’s righteous anger or not. The relationship between Soul—which is you—and God is one of love. And where there’s pure love, there is no room for anger of any kind.” ~ Harold Klemp
- “The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.” ~ Eldridge Cleaver, Love hate quotes
- “When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: Stop it!” ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
“Love is a given, hatred is acquired.” ~ Douglas Horton
- “What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us.” ~ Hermann Hesse
- “I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.” ~ Leo Buscaglia
- “This world of ours… must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
“I know that you cannot hate other people without hating yourself.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ~ Anne Lamott
- “The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “When we don’t know who to hate, we hate ourselves.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
“Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones.” ~ Mignon McLaughlin
- “The hatred of those who are near to us is most violent.” ~ Tacitus
- “The Opposite of Love is not hate, but power” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “it is a curious subject of observation and inquiry, whether hatred and love be not the same thing at bottom.” ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
“What anger worse or slower to abate than lovers love when it turns to hate.” ~ Euripides
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. , Forgive hate quotes
- “I will tell you what to hate. Hate hypocrisy, hate can’t hate indolence, oppression, injustice; hate Pharisaism; hate them as Christ hated them with a deep, living, godlike hatred.” ~ Frederick William Robertson
- “You cannot hate a people and reach a people at the same time.” ~ Ed Stetzer
- “All I want is to mess around, and I don’t really care about, if you love me, if you hate me, you can’t save me, baby baby, all my life I’ve been good” ~ Avril Lavigne
“People hate me because I am a multifaceted, talented, wealthy, internationally famous genius.” ~ Jerry Lewis
- “We fear something before we hate.” ~ Cyril Connolly
- “Blunted unto goodness is the heart which anger never stirreth, but that which hatred swelleth, is keen to carve out evil.” ~ Martin Farquhar Tupper
- “We have to hate our immediate predecessors, to get free from their authority.” ~ D. H. Lawrence
- “The worst enemy is one whose doctrines are founded in hate and are thus beyond debate.” ~ Tobsha Learner
“I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can’t stop eating peanuts.” ~ Orson Welles
- “Life is one big road with lots of signs, So when you riding through the ruts, Don’t you complicate your mind
Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy Don’t bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality.” ~ Bob Marley
- “You hate someone whom you really wish to love, but whom you cannot love. Perhaps he himself prevents you. That is a disguised form of love.” ~ Sri Chinmoy
- “Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep.” ~ John Milton
- “The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that’s the essence of inhumanity.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “Hate is like a swordfish, working through water invisibly and then you see it coming with blood along its blade, but transparency disarms it.” ~ Pablo Neruda
- “There’s nothing in this world so sweet as love. And next to love the sweetest thing is hate.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “You lose a lot of time, hating people.” ~ Marian Anderson