Harold Eugene Ford Jr. is an American financial managing director, pundit, author, and former U.S. congressman who served from 1997–2007 in the United States House of Representatives as a member of the Democratic Party from Tennessee’s 9th congressional district, centered in Memphis. These Harold Ford Jr quotes will inspire you.
Best Harold Ford Jr Quotes
- “I am a huge supporter for cash for caulkers – which allows people to make improvement for energy efficient in their homes. We should do the same for Americans purchasing appliances and computers and for that matter, new air-conditioner and heating units.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I love New York, I love the smell of New York… I love the subway.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I am for gay marriage. Or same-sex marriage. I don’t want to say it the wrong way. I think people are sensitive to it. I have been painted as being this right-wing zealot on choice. Nothing could be further from the truth.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “Republicans believe largely in the market working, Democrats believe stereotypically that you’ve got to give people something. So why not give people a chance to let the market work for them.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I refuse to do anything that would help Republicans win a Senate seat in New York, and give the Senate majority to the Republicans.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I either run or try to play basketball every day.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
“I’m in an interracial marriage.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I don’t think it’s a great leap to go from civil unions to gay marriage – I may be in the minority in believing that.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I often have said to people that there are really two cities in the country where the outlook is always forward-looking – there is never really a backward-looking tendency. My banking work has taken me out to Palo Alto, what is commonly called Silicon Valley. And you sense out there is always a forward-looking outlook. And New York City.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “To say that I am pro life is just wrong. I am personally pro-choice and legislatively pro-choice.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “The U.S. economy and workers benefit from a strong, healthy relationship between government and business.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “Money is in politics, it’s been there. I was in politics for 10 years, I had some of the worst ads run against me ever. I had some of the most money spent by a guy in my state running against me. That’s not the issue. The issue is getting out and making the case for what we’re going to do to create jobs and to make the economic situation for individual families better.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I am a Yankees fan. I should say – have been to more Yankees games than Mets games.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
“I am a Democrat. But I am an independent Democrat.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “One bipartisan policy tradition is to deny Americans the use of our own resources.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “As America’s head coach, President Obama needs to make some big and smart adjustments to jump-start economic growth and business investment, stimulate job creation, and get wages up for ordinary Americans.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I think the country is very settled in a lot of ways, and we saw that after the Democratic Convention. I think a lot of the bump that we enjoyed came when John Kerry selected John Edwards as his running mate.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I’m not comparing myself to Bobby Kennedy by any stretch, but he was opposed by the liberal establishment, too. Eleanor Roosevelt was the biggest opponent to him running.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I believe that people take risk, and there are rewards if they do well; they should lose if they don’t.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “If you don’t meet the standards, then you don’t qualify.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I expect the Republicans will enjoy a large bounce out of their convention. They’re here wrapping themselves in the 9/11 flag, which I think is inappropriate in many ways, but it’s their choice.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
“Killing terrorists is cheaper than capturing them.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “The bureaucracy is not great. I don’t think Rick Santorum who is not one for being a big proponent of large bureaucracies would be as enthusiastic a supporter of it.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “I was for civil unions and believed strongly that the flow of benefits and protections that would be provided in a civil union for same-sex couples‚ the decisions that have to be made‚ when health hardships are faced‚ when economic hardships are faced‚ I wanted all of those protections. I never strayed from them.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “Some say I was disappointed when President Obama won, and that is absolute nonsense.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.
- “Public service is a part of who I am, having grown up in a family of politicians.” ~ Harold Ford, Jr.