These full moon quotes will inspire you. The full moon is the lunar phase when the moon appears fully lit from Earth’s perspective. This happens when the Earth lies between the sun and the moon.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging full moon quotes, full moon sayings, and full moon proverbs.
Famous Full Moon Quotes
- “Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy.” ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Escape from the black cloud that surrounds you. Then you will see your own light as radiant as the full moon.” ~ Rumi
- “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” ~ Tahereh Mafi
“The day, water, sun, moon, night – I do not have to purchase these things with money.” ~ Plautus
- “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” ~ Khalil Gibran
- “The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.” ~ Frederic Lawrence Knowles
- “Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” ~ Confucius
“Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.” ~ Hal Borland
- “What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we cannot cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves?” ~ Thomas Merton
- “The full moon – the mandala of the sky.” ~ Tom Robbins
- “Does the full moon affect people’s behavior, you ask? Yup. It makes people think the full moon affects people’s behavior.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
“Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.” ~ John Lennon
- “With passions stilled and one’s nature firm, all destinies are in harmony; When the full moon of contemplation is reached you will be pure.” ~ Wu Cheng’en
- “Because we don’t know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can’t even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps 20. And yet it all seems limitless.” ~ Paul Bowles , Full moon quotes life
- “It’s a full moon here tonight, which makes me think of you. Because, I know that no matter what I am doing or where I am, this moon will always be the same size as yours, half a world away.” ~ Nicholas Sparks
“Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit.” ~ Paul Brandt
- “We need silence to be able to touch souls.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” ~ Carl Sandburg
- “For most people, we often marvel at the beauty of a sunrise or the magnificence of a full moon, but it is impossible to fathom the magnitude of the universe that surrounds us.” ~ Richard Baker
“The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” ~ Jean Ingelow
- “On the horizon, he saw the full moon. God dropped it there, he was sure, as a reminder of our small place in the world. A reminder that what is beautiful is fleeting.” ~ Ben Sherwood
- “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Admit something. Everyone you see, you say to them
“Love me.”Of course, you do not do this out loud:
Someone would call the cops.Still, though, think about this,
This great pull in us to connect.Why not become the one
Who lives with a full moon in each eye
That is always saying,
With that sweet moon
What every other eye in this world
Is dying to
Hear?” ~ Hafez
“The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them.” ~ Confucius
- “By night only crazy things like the full moon and the whippoorwill and us, are busy.” ~ Charles Olson
- “When the sky is clear when the sea is calm and the full moon is rising, whatever you are doing, leave it; go to the seaside; sit and watch it! You will then reach the land where there is no thinking; the land of pure wisdom!” ~ Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Should at that moment the full moon Step forth upon the hill, And memories hard to bear at noon, By moonlight harder still, Form in the shadows of the trees, – Things that you could not spare And live, or so you thought, yet these All gone, and you still there, A man no longer what he was, Not yet the thing he planned.” ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay
“Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” ~ W. Clement Stone
- “What was supposed to be so special about a full moon? It was only a big circle of light. And the dark of the moon was only darkness. But halfway between the two, when the moon was between the worlds of light and dark, when even the moon lived on the edge…maybe then a witch could believe in the moon.” ~ Terry Pratchett
- “The Witch can gaze clearly into the dark hidden corners of the human psyche just as the full moon can light up the darkness of night.” ~ Raven Grimassi
- “The moon is at her full, and riding high, Floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky Are all asleep tonight.” ~ William C. Bryant
“As the body rolled to the ground Tarzan of the Apes placed his foot upon the neck of his lifelong enemy and, raising his eyes to the full moon, threw back his fierce young head and voiced the wild and terrible cry of his people.” ~ Edgar Rice Burroughs
- “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” ~ George Carlin
- “On every full moon, rituals … take place on hilltops, beaches, in open fields and in ordinary houses. Writers, teachers, nurses, computer programmers, artists, lawyers, poets, plumbers, and auto mechanics — women and men from many backgrounds come together to celebrate the mysteries of the Triple Goddess of the Dance of Life. The religion they practice is called Witchcraft.” ~ Starhawk
- “The clue to one’s next step toward the door of initiation may be revealed at the Full Moon during the sign of Taurus.” ~ Alice Bailey
“I suppose there were moonless nights and dark ones with but a silver shaving and pale stars in the sky, but I remember them all as flooded with the rich indolence of a full moon.” ~ Willa Cather
- “How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.” ~ Paul Bowles
- “Look around at the azaleas making fuchsia star bursts in spring; look at a full moon hanging silver in a black sky on a cold night. And realize that life is glorious and that you have no business taking it for granted.” ~ Anna Quindlen
- “I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”” ~ Oriah Dreamer
“All of the full moons for the entire year are special in that they have particular names.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
- “As hard as I try to live with some degree of faith in my life, I just can’t believe that the full moon can turn dude into a wolf.” ~ Dana Gould
- “Never say [to younger people] “that was before your time,” because the last full moon was before their time!” ~ Bill Cosby
- “Beauty is Nature in perfection; circularity is its chief attribute. Behold the full moon, the enchanting golf ball, the domes of splendid temples, the huckleberry pie, the wedding ring, the circus ring, the ring for the waiter, and the “round” of drinks.” ~ O. Henry
“A kiss on the beach when there is a full moon is the closest thing to heaven.” ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Sometimes two people stay together for the sake of the kids – two kids who sat under a full moon and pledged to be forever true.” ~ Robert Breault
- “The white saucer like some full moon descends / At last from the clouds of the table above.” ~ Harold Monro
- “Night of Sleepless Love The night above. We two. Full moon. I started to weep, you laughed. Your scorn was a god, my laments moments and doves in a chain. The night below. We two. Crystal of pain. You wept over great distances. My ache was a clutch of agonies over your sickly heart of sand. Dawn married us on the bed, our mouths to the frozen spout of unstaunched blood. The sun came through the shuttered balcony and the coral of life opened its branches over my shrouded heart.” ~ Federico Garcia Lorca , Full moon quotes love
“If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they’d immediately go out.” ~ William Blake
- “You have to be able to appreciate these things. How many people can say it was a full moon last night and appreciate it?” ~ Sandy Miller
- “a full moon is a flashlight so everyone can see your drama!” ~ Eric Jerome Dickey
- “The shapes of letters do not derive their beauty from any sensual or sentimental reminiscences. No one can say that the O’s roundness appeals to us only because it is like that of an apple or of a girl’s breast or of the full moon. Letters are things, not pictures of things.” ~ Eric Gill
“From the distance of the moon, Earth was four times the size of a full moon seen from Earth. It was a brilliant jewel in the black velvet sky.” ~ Buzz Aldrin
- “Early on May 23, 1997, from 28,500 feet on Everest, I witnessed the incredible shadow of the mountain, the penumbra, forming to the west as the sun rose behind me. The full moon from the night before was still visible. The bluish cast of the atmosphere can also be seen.” ~ Ed Viesturs
- “The full moon rises. The fog clings to the lowest branches of the spruce trees. The man steps out of the darkest corner of the forest and finds himself transformed into… A monkey? I think not.” ~ Garth Stein
- “Smile O voluptuous coolbreathed earth!
Earth of the slumbering and liquid trees!
Earth of departed sunset! Earth of the mountains misty-topt!
Earth of the vitreous pour of the full moon just tinged with blue!
Earth of shine and dark mottling the tide of the river!
Earth of the limpid gray of clouds brighter and clearer for my sake!
Far-swooping elbowed earth! Rich apple-blossomed earth!
Smile, for your lover comes!” ~ Walt Whitman
“It was a full moon and, shining on all the snow, it made everything almost as bright as day — only the shadows were rather confusing.” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills lookout for me?” ~ Isak Dinesen
- “When When it’s over, it’s over, and we don’t know any of us, what happens then. So I try not to miss anything. I think, in my whole life, I have never missed The full moon or the slipper of its coming back. Or, a kiss. Well, yes, especially a kiss.” ~ Mary Oliver
- “Clear mind is like the full moon in the sky. Sometimes clouds come and cover it, but the moon is always behind them. Clouds go away, then the moon shines brightly. So don’t worry about clear mind: it is always there. When thinking comes, behind it is clear mind. When thinking goes, there is only clear mind. Thinking comes and goes, comes and goes, You must not be attached to the coming or the going.” ~ Seungsahn
“Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.” ~ Sojourner Truth
- “Full moons, skunk weed all up in the room;
You got the munchies, baby? Ice cold milk and Lorna Doones.” ~ Ghostface Killah
- “Dancing up the full moon
Round some fair new altar
Trample the soft blossoms of fine grass.” ~ Sappho
“Do you understand now why books are hated and feared? Because they reveal the pores on the face of life. The comfortable people want only the faces of the full moon, wax, faces without pores, hairless, expressionless.” ~ Ray Bradbury
- “The sky lay over the city like a map showing the strata of things and the big full moon toppled over in a furrow like the abandoned wheel of a gun carriage on a sunset field of battle and the shadows walked like cats and I looked into the white and ghostly interior of things and thought of you and I looked on their structural outsides and thought of you and was lonesome.” ~ Zelda Fitzgerald
- “It is a totally different creativity I am talking about. A Taj Mahal… just watching it on a full moon night, and great meditation is bound to arise in you. Or the temples of Khajuraho, Konarak, Puri – just meditating on them and you will be surprised that all your sexuality is transformed into love. They are miracles of creativity. They were not created by pathological people, they were created by those who had attained.” ~ Rajneesh
The full moon is often seen as an all-night event, although its phase seen from Earth is constantly waning or waning, only being full at the moment the wax ends and begins to fade.