These evil quotes will inspire you. Evil, morally bad an evil villain evil spirits evil deeds or profound immorality and wickedness, especially when regarded as a supernatural force.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging evil quotes, evil sayings, and evil proverbs.
Best Evil Quotes
- “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” ~ William Shakespeare
- “Now I know the full power of evil. It makes ugliness seem beautiful and goodness seem ugly and weak.” ~ August Strindberg
- “There is some good in the worst of us, and some evil in the best of us.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
“Where there is no respect for life, there you will find evil.” ~ O.R. Melling
- “There is evil in every human heart, which may remain latent, perhaps, through the whole of life; but circumstances may rouse it to activity.” ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“Every sweet has its sour; every evil its good.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “True courage is to stand against evil, even when we stand alone.” ~ Richard C. Edgley
- “Evil is just a point of view” ~ Anne Rice
- “Active Evil is better than Passive Good.” ~ William Blake
“Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him.” ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.” ~ Plato
- “Evil is whatever distracts.” ~ Franz Kafka
- “As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.” ~ Voltaire
“There is no explanation for evil. It must be looked upon as a necessary part of the order of the universe. To ignore it is childish, to bewail it senseless.” ~ W. Somerset Maugham
- “I think the devil doesn’t exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness.” ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “No evil dooms us hopelessly except the evil we love, and desire to continue in, and make no effort to escape from.” ~ George Eliot
- “Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.” ~ Thomas Paine
“The aim of torture is to destroy a person as a human being, to destroy their identity and soul. It is more evil than murder.” ~ Inge Genefke
- “All concerns of men go wrong when they wish to cure evil with evil.” ~ Sophocles
- “It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.” ~ Gautama Buddha
- “The evil that is in the world always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding.” ~ Albert Camus
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.” ~ Hannah Arendt
- “The man who promises everything is sure to fulfill nothing, and everyone who promises too much is in danger of using evil means in order to carry out his promises, and is already on the road to perdition.” ~ Carl Jung
- “Evil draws men together.” ~ Aristotle
“There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.” ~ Gautama Buddha.
- “It is by its promise of a sense of power that evil often attracts the weak.” ~ Eric Hoffer
- “All evils are equal when they are extreme.” ~ Pierre Corneille
- “The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.” ~ Adolf Hitler
“Evil can be a teacher if you look at the wisdom of its negative power.” ~ Tom Brown, Jr.
- “If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.” ~ Epicurus
- “Believe me; all evil comes from the old. They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them.” ~ Jean Anouilh
- “Evil then results from imperfection.” ~ Philip James Bailey
“Evil is something you recognize immediately you see it: it works through charm” ~ Brian Masters
- “There are only two bad things in this world, sin, and bile.” ~ Hannah More
- “All that the Devil asks is acquiescence.” ~ Suzanne Massie
- “Evil is the product of the ability of humans to make abstract that which is concrete.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
“One who condones evils is just as guilty as the one who perpetrates it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil.” ~ Robert Kennedy
- “They, who know no evil, will suspect none.” ~ Ben Jonson
- “God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” ~ Saint Augustine
“If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it.” ~ Epictetus
- “No man is justified in doing evil on the ground of expedience.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.” ~ Mae West
- “Man’s nature is not essentially evil. Brute nature has been know to yield to the influence of love. You must never despair of human nature.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
“Nothing baffles the schemes of evil people so much as the calm composure of great souls.” ~ Honore Gabriel Riqueti, comte de Mirabeau
- “The ignorance of the world leaves one at the mercy of its malice.” ~ William Hazlitt
- “A tough fight against evil is the duty of good man.” ~ Khem Veasna
- “Cursed is the man who dies, but the evil done by him survives.” ~ Abu Bakr
“When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil.” ~ Max Lerner
- “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” ~ Joseph Conrad
- “No evil can happen to a good man either in life or after death.” ~ Plato , Evil quotes about life
“Hypocrisy, the lie, is the true sister of evil, intolerance, and cruelty.” ~ Raisa Gorbacheva
- “It is extreme evil to depart from the company of the living before you die.” ~ Seneca the Younger
- “When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.” ~ Henny Youngman
“Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.” ~ Aristotle
- “Understanding does not cure evil, but it is a definite help, inasmuch as one can cope with a comprehensible darkness.” ~ Carl Jung
- “The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it.” ~ Ayn Rand