These eternal peace quotes will inspire you.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging eternal peace quotes, eternal peace sayings, and eternal peace proverbs.
Best Eternal Peace Quotes
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “I can’t even make up a rhyme about an umbrella, let alone death and life and eternal peace.” ~ Knut Hamsun
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
“Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.” ~ Francis of Assisi
- “The grand show is eternal It is always sunrise somewhere.” ~ John Muir
- “Eternal peace is a dream – and not even a beautiful one.” ~ Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
- “Even in tragedy, God through His Word offers hope for those who seek and believe. It starts with the promise of a better tomorrow, of life everlasting, of eternal peace. It’s called faith, and it offers hope where none existed.” ~ Zig Ziglar
“It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Thoughts are impediments to seeing your deepest nature.
Don’t give rise to any thought, and discover who you are.
That ocean of eternal peace is you.
What is the difficulty that we suffer from?
It is that we seek peace elsewhere and do not experience that we are peace incarnate itself.” ~ H. W. L. Poonja
- “Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “However passionate, sinning, and rebellious the heart hidden in the tomb, the flowers growing over it peep serenely at us with their innocent eyes; they tell us not of eternal peace alone, of that great piece of “indifferent” nature: they tell us, too, of eternal reconciliation and of life without end.” ~ Ivan Turgenev
“If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that’s his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” ~ John Lennon
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A star is beautiful; it affords pleasure, not from what it is to do, or to give, but simply by being what it is. It befits the heavens; it has congruity with the mighty space in which it dwells. It has repose; no force disturbs its eternal peace. It has freedom; no obstruction lies between it and infinity.” ~ Thomas Carlyle
- “We were preparing not Peace only, but Eternal Peace. There was about us the halo of some divine mission. We must be alert, stern, righteous, and ascetic. For we were bent on doing great, permanent and noble things.” ~ Harold Nicolson
“If God’s Word is not absolutely and completely true, it is too weak a cable to fix our anchorage and guarantee our eternal peace.” ~ A. B. Simpson
- “How dare the smooth talkers, the clever official blabbers, open their mouths and boast of progress. . . . Here they hold jubilant peace conferences in which they talk against war. . . . But the same righteous Governments, who are so nobly, industriously active to establish the eternal peace, are preparing, by their own confession, complete annihilation for six million people, and there is nobody, except the doomed themselves, to raise his voice in protest although this is a worse crime than any war . . .” ~ Max Nordau
- “None of the abstract concepts comes closer to fulfilled utopia than that of eternal peace.” ~ Theodor Adorno
“Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace.” ~ Adolf Hitler
- “Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The right place for the League of Nations is not Geneva or the Hague, Ascher Ginsberg has dreamed of a Temple on Mount Zion where the representatives of all nations should dedicate a Temple of Eternal Peace. Only when all peoples of the earth shall go to THIS temple as pilgrims is eternal peace to become a fact.” ~ Ahad Ha’am
“May they rest in eternal peace.” ~ Gordon Pinsent
- “Some pacifists have carried the sound idea of the prime importance of security too far, to the point of declaring that any consideration of disarmament is superfluous and pointless as long as eternal peace has not been attained.” ~ Ludwig Quidde
- “If one believes philosophers, then what we call religion is only a deliberately popularized or an instinctively artless philosophy. Poets seem to consider religion rather as a variation of poetry which by misjudging its proper beautiful game takes itself too seriously and one-sidedly. Philosophy, however, admits and recognizes that it can begin and complete itself only with religion. Poetry seeks only to strive for the infinite and despises worldly utility and culture, which are the true antitheses of religion. Eternal peace among artists is thus not far away.” ~ Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
- “I found eternal peace in a Shinto shrine. I’ve been to Shinto shrines and God is everywhere. Christ is one of the ways! God is everywhere.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “Do you feel that you have lost your way in life? Then, God, Himself will show you your way. Are you utterly helpless, worn out, body and soul? Then God’s eternal love is ready and willing to help you up, and revive you. Are you wearied with doubts and terrors? Then God’s eternal light is ready to show you your way; God’s eternal peace ready to give you peace. Do you feel yourself full of sins and faults? Then take heart; for God’s unchangeable will is, to take away those sins, and purge you from those faults.” ~ Charles Kingsley
“No country can find eternal peace and comfort where the vote of Judas Iscariot is as good as the vote of the Saviour of mankind.” ~ Thomas Carlyle
- “I could have clasped the red walls to my bosom as a garment of eternal peace. “Death,” I said, “any death but that of the pit!” Fool! might I have not known that into the pit it was the object of the burning iron to urge me?” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Deep within the self is the Light of God. It radiates throughout the expanse of His creation. Through the Guru’s teachings, the darkness of spiritual ignorance is dispelled. The heart lotus flower blooms forth and eternal peace is obtained, as one’s light merges into the Supreme Light.” ~ Guru Amar Das
“The Japanese chose the principle of eternal peace as the basis of morality for our rebirth after the War.” ~ Kenzaburo Oe
- “The longing for peace is rooted in the hearts of all men. But the striving, which at present has become so insistent, cannot lay claim to such an ambition as leading the way to eternal peace, or solving all disputes among nations.” ~ Alva Myrdal
- “Give me a little peace.
A little? Why so modest? How about eternal peace? Now, there’s a thought.” ~ James Goldman