35 Doctor Strange Quotes For Success In Life
Doctor Strange, an American comic-book superhero created for Marvel Comics by writer Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko. The character first appeared in a backup strip in Strange Tales no. 110 in July 1963 but soon blossomed into one of the cult characters of the decade and a staple in the Marvel pantheon. These Doctor Strange quotes will motivate you.
Best Doctor Strange Quotes
- “Dormammu: You cannot do this forever.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Actually, I can. This is how things are now. You and me. Trapped in this moment. Endlessly.
Dormammu: Then you will spend eternity dying!
Dr. Stephen Strange: Yes, but everyone on Earth will live.
Dormammu: But you will suffer!
Dr. Stephen Strange: Pain’s an old friend.”
- “This doesn’t make sense. Not everything does. Not everything has to.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: Seriously? You don’t have any money?
Wong: Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual.
Dr. Stephen Strange: I’ll tell the guys at the deli. Maybe they’ll make you a metaphysical ham and rye.”
“Doctor Strange: We’re in the endgame now.”
- “Kaecilius: How long have you been at Kamar-Taj, Mister…
Dr. Stephen Strange: Doctor!
Kaecilius: Mr. Doctor?
Dr. Stephen Strange: It’s Strange.
Kaecilius: Maybe. Who am I to judge?”
- “Doctor Strange: He could destroy life on a scale, hitherto undreamt of.
Tony Stark: Did you seriously just say “hitherto undreamt of”?
Doctor Strange: Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?”
- “Dormammu: End this! You will never win.
Dr. Stephen Strange: No. But I can lose. Again. And again. And again. Forever. That makes you my prisoner.”
- “Doctor Strange: I went forward in time, to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.
Peter Quill: How many did you see?
Doctor Strange: 14,000,605.
Tony Stark: How many did we win?
Doctor Strange: One.”
“I see through you!”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: Oh yeah. You’re much more of a Thanos.
Thanos: I take it the Maw’s dead. This day extracts a heavy toll, still, he accomplished his mission.
Dr. Stephen Strange: You may regret that. He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: (Mordo hands him a card) Well, what’s this? My mantra?
Baron Mordo: The Wi-Fi password. We’re not savages.”
- “The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You’ve always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.
Dr. Stephen Strange: It’s what made me a great doctor.”
“People think in terms of good and evil, but really, time is the true enemy of us all. Time kills everything.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: We gotta turn this ship around.
Tony Stark: Yeah, now he wants to run. Great plan.
Dr. Stephen Strange: No, I want to protect the stone.
Tony Stark: And I want you to thank me. Now, go ahead. I’m listening.
Dr. Stephen Strange: For what? Nearly blasting me into space?
Tony Stark: Who just saved your magical *ss? Me.
Dr. Stephen Strange: I seriously don’t know how you fit your head into that helmet.
Tony Stark: Admit it, you should’ve ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Unlike everyone else in your life, I don’t work for you.”
- “Thanos: I finally rest. And watch the sunrise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
Doctor Strange: I think you’ll find our will equal to yours.”
- “Tony Stark: What is your job exactly, except to make balloon animals?
Doctor Strange: Protecting your reality, d*uchebag.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: No, I reject it because I do not believe in fairy tales about chakras or energy or the power of belief. There is no such thing as spirit! We are made of matter and nothing more. You’re just another tiny, momentary speck within an indifferent universe.”
“Dr. Stephen Strange: Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain!”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: What did you just do to me?
The Ancient One: I pushed your astral form out of your physical form.
Dr. Stephen Strange: What’s in that tea? Psilocybin? LSD?
The Ancient One: It’s just tea… with a little honey.
Dr. Stephen Strange: What just happened?
The Ancient One: For a moment, you entered the astral dimension.
Dr. Stephen Strange: The what?
The Ancient One: A place where the soul exists apart from the body.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Why are you doing this to me?
The Ancient One: To show you just how much you don’t know. Open your eye.”
- “Wong: How’s your Sanskrit?
Dr. Stephen Strange: I’m fluent in Google Translate.”
- “Christine Palmer: What? Like the Bob Seger Song?
Dr. Stephen Strange: 1975, Beautiful Loser, side A. Yeah. And I went to a place called Kamar-Taj and I… talked to someone called “The Ancient One.”
“Dr. Stephen Strange: Wong. Just Wong? Like Adele? Or Aristotle. Drake. Bono… Eminem.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: Yeah. So… why bring him here to New York?
Thor: It’s a bit of a long story. Family drama, that kind of thing. But, we’re looking for my father.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Oh, okay. So if you found Odin, you’d all return to Asgard promptly?
Thor: Oh, yes. Promptly.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Great. Allow me to help you.”
- “The Ancient One: How did you get to reattach severed nerves and put a human spine back together bone by bone?
Dr. Stephen Strange: Study and practice. Years of it.”
- “Faith is my sword. Truth is my shield. Knowledge my armour.” – Doctor Strange quotes
- “Baron Mordo: Stop! Tampering with continuum probabilities is forbidden!
Dr. Stephen Strange: I was just doing exactly what it said in the book!
Wong: And what did the book say about the dangers of performing that ritual?
Dr. Stephen Strange: I don’t know, I hadn’t gotten to that part yet.
Baron Mordo: Temporal manipulations can create branches in time. Unstable dimensional openings. Spatial paradoxes! Time loops! You wanna get stuck reliving the same moment over and over forever or never having existed at all?
Dr. Stephen Strange: They really should put the warnings before this spell.”
“We never lose our demons, we only learn to live with them.”
- “Christine Palmer: Where have you been?
Dr. Stephen Strange: Well, after Western medicine failed me, I headed east, and I ended up in Kathmandu.”
- “Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain.”
- “Christine Palmer: Oh. So you joined a cult.
Dr. Stephen Strange: No, I didn’t. No, not exactly. No. I mean… They did teach me to tap into powers that I never even knew existed.
Christine Palmer: Yeah. That sounds like a cult.
Dr. Stephen Strange: It’s not a cult.
Christine Palmer: Well, that’s what a cultist would say.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: Since you gave Kaecilius power from your dimension, I brought some power from mine. This is time. Endless, looped time!”
“Doctor Strange: Tony, there was no other way.”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: So, I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother, Loki, is one of those beings.
Thor: Worthy inclusion.”
- “You’ll die defending the world, mister…” “Doctor!”
- “Dr. Stephen Strange: This one’s got pages missing.
Wong: That’s The Book of Cagliostro. A study of time. One of the rituals was stolen by a former master. The Zealot, Kaecilius. Just after he strung up the former librarian and relieved him of his head. I am now the guardian of these books. So if a volume from this collection should be stolen again I’d know it and you’d be dead before you ever left the compound.
Dr. Stephen Strange: What if it’s just overdue? Any late fees I should know about? Maiming, perhaps?”