These Beetlejuice quotes will motivate you. Beetlejuice is a 1988 American fantasy comedy film directed by Tim Burton, produced by The Geffen Company, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
The plot revolves around a recently deceased couple (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis) who become ghosts haunting their former home, and an obnoxious, devious poltergeist named Betelgeuse (pronounced and occasionally spelled Beetlejuice in the film and portrayed by Michael Keaton) from the Netherworld who tries to scare away the new inhabitants (Catherine O’Hara, Jeffrey Jones, and Winona Ryder).
Best Beetlejuice Quotes
- “My whole life is a dark room. One big dark room.” ~ Beetlejuice
- “I wonder where a guy, an everyday Joe like myself can find a little action.” ~ Beetlejuice
- “Sandworms…you know I hate ’em!” ~ Beetlejuice
- “Well, I’ve read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says, ‘live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual.” ~ Beetlejuice
- “I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself.” — Delia Deetz
“Go ahead, make my millennium.” — Beetlejuice
- “I, myself, am strange and unusual.” — Lydia Deetz
- “I’m tellin’ ya, honey, she meant nothin’ to me. Nothin’ at all!” — Beetlejuice
- “What did you expect? You’re dead!” — Juno
- “Delia Deetz: If you don’t let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!
Charles Deetz: Yeah, well you know, maybe the house could use a little remodeling. Uh… But, why don’t you just leave this room alone, okay?
Delia Deetz: Okay.
Barbara Maitland: I’m gonna get her.”
“I’m a ghost with the most, babe.” — Beetlejuice
- “Welcome to Winter River, museum of natural greed; a monument to the bored businessman! Come on a little closer! Step right up! Test your strength!” — Beetlejuice
- “There’s a word for people in our situation: ghosts.” — Adam
- “We’re dead. I don’t think we have very much to worry about anymore.” — Adam
- “I didn’t realize you were into the supernatural.” — Bernard
- “Don’t mind her. She’s still upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister.” — Otho
- “These aren’t my rules. Come to think of it. I don’t have any rules.” ~ Beetlejuice
“I myself am strange and unusual.” — Delia Deetz
- “Barbara Maitland: We’re very unhappy.
Juno: What did you expect, you’re dead.”
- “I’m a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively.” — Beetlejuice
- “These aren’t my rules. Come to think of it, I don’t have any rules.” — Beetlejuice
- “It’s showtime.” — Beetlejuice
- “Never trust the living!” — Juno
- “You have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they’re dead or alive, will walk all over you.” — Delia Deetz
- “You’ve read my mind! So few clients are up for the experience!” — Otho
“I am alone. I am *utterly* alone.” — Lydia Deetz
- “Betelgeuse: It’s Showtime.
Betelgeuse: It’s showtime.
Betelgeuse: It’s showtime!”
- “I’ve read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: ‘live people ignore the strange and unusual.’” — Lydia Deetz
- “Please, they’re dead. It’s a little late to be neurotic.” — Delia Deetz
- “Are you a ghost, too?” — Lydia Deetz
- “We come for your daughter, Chuck.” — Betelgeuse
“I have a feeling there’s something very interesting behind that door.” — Otho
- “I know just as much about the supernatural as I do about interior design.” — Otho
- “What’s the good of being a ghost if you can’t frighten people away?” — Barbara
- “Maybe you can relax in a haunted house, but I can’t.” — Lydia Deetz
- “Otho: There’s absolutely no organic flowthrough.
Delia Deetz: I noticed that too; it’s like a giant… ant farm.
Delia Deetz: I noticed that too, it’s like a giant ant farm.”