These Bamboo quotes will inspire you. Bamboos are a diverse group of evergreen perennial flowering plants in the subfamily Bambusoideae of the grass family Poaceae.
Below you will find a collection of motivating, knowledgeable, and encouraging Bamboo quotes, Bamboo sayings, and Bamboo proverbs.
Best Bamboo Quotes
- “Bamboo is flexible, bending with the wind but never breaking, capable of adapting to any circumstance. It suggests resilience, meaning that we have the ability to bounce back even from the most difficult times. . . . Your ability to thrive depends, in the end, on your attitude to your life circumstances. Take everything in stride with grace, putting forth energy when it is needed, yet always staying calm inwardly.” ~ Ping Fu
- “There is one thing sure about life: Life will push us hardly many times! When you are pushed, don’t be surprised; stay firm like a plane tree or be elastic like a bamboo!” ~ Mehmet Murat Ildan , Bamboo quotes about life
- “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.” ~ Bruce Lee
“The human capacity for burden is like bamboo- far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” ~ Jodi Picoult
- “The seed of a bamboo tree is planted, fertilized and watered. Nothing happens for the first year.
There´s no sign of growth.
Not even a hint.
The same thing happens – or doesn´t happen – the second year.
And then the third year.
The tree is carefully watered and fertilized each year,
but nothing shows. No growth. No anything.
For eight years it can continue. Eight years!
Then – after the eight years of fertilizing and watering have passed, with nothing to show for it – the bamboo tree suddenly sprouts and grows thirty feet in three months!” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.” ~ Okakura Kakuzo
- “My mother always says, “The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak.” I can be very focused and determined. But, I can also be very stubborn. Be flexible be nuanced.” ~ Sarah Lafleur
“Bamboo is not a weed, it’s a flowering plant. Bamboo is a magnificent plant.” ~ Steve Lacy
- “Destroy the man of wicked thoughts, Like a bamboo-tree with its fruit.” ~ Gautama Buddha
- “The young bamboo can be easily bent, but the full grown bamboo breaks when it is bent with force. It is easy to bend the young heart towards God, but the untrained heart of the old escapes the hold whenever it is so drawn.” ~ Ramakrishna
- “God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by stone stairs or by wooden stairs or by bamboo steps or by a rope. You can also climb up by a bamboo pole.” ~ Ramakrishna
- “Memory that yearns to join the centre, a limb remembering the body from which it has been severed, like those bamboo thighs of the god.” ~ Derek Walcott
“Learn about a pine tree from a pine tree, and about a bamboo plant from a bamboo plant.” ~ Matsuo Basho
- “A garden is to be enjoyed, and should satisfy the mind and not only the eye of the beholder. Sounds such as the rustle of bamboo and the dripping of water, scents and sensations such as grass or gravel or stone underfoot, appeal to the emotions and play a part in the total impression.” ~ Penelope Hobhouse
- “Study the teachings of the pine tree, the bamboo, and the plum blossom. The pine is evergreen, firmly rooted, and venerable. The bamboo is strong, resilient, unbreakable. The plum blossom is hardy, fragrant, and elegant.” ~ Morihei Ueshiba
- “Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle. Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.” ~ Okakura Kakuzo
- “With women, I’ve got a long bamboo pole with a leather loop on the end. I slip the loop around their necks so they can’t get away or come too close. Like catching snakes.” ~ Marlon Brando
“Just hopped off the plane came back from Vancouv Little white tee sum boobs & bamboo” ~ Nicki Minaj
- “I wanted to inspire people not to work under a bamboo ceiling. Whatever you are – yellow, black, white, brown – you don’t have to allow your skin to define who you are or how you operate your business. There’s not one face to anything.” ~ Eddie Huang
- “For better or worse, zoos are how most people come to know big or exotic animals. Few will ever see wild penguins sledding downhill to sea on their bellies, giant pandas holding bamboo lollipops in China or tree porcupines in the Canadian Rockies, balled up like giant pine cones.” ~ Diane Ackerman
- “Although we have no actual written communications from the world of emptiness, we have some hints or suggestions about what is going on in that world, and that is, you might say, enlightenment. When you see plum blossoms or hear the sound of a small stone hitting bamboo, that is a letter from the world of emptiness.” ~ Shunryu Suzuki
- “Well, it was just, the bars was all just like the bamboo roofs and everything. You know. As I say, to me, it’s completely spoiled all, all these places now. Make them all just tourist traps.” ~ David Walker
“But I was also doing odd jobs around Portland, like spreading gravel and transplanting bamboo trees.” ~ Elliott Smith
- “I know Mark,’ I reply. ‘And I don’t like him.’ ‘But I do. And part of being social means being civil to someone you don’t like.’ ‘That’s stupid. It’s a huge world. why not just get up and walk away?’ ‘Because that’s rude,’ Jess explains. ‘I think it’s rude to stick a smile on your face and pretend you like talking to someone when in reality you’d rather be sticking bamboo slivers under your fingernails.” ~ Jodi Picoult
- “I want a girl with extensions in her hair,
Bamboo earrings, at least two pair,
A Fendi bag and a bad attitude,
That’s all I need to get me in a good mood.
She can walk with a switch and talk with street slang,
I love it when a woman ain’t scared to do her thing.” ~ LL Cool J , Bamboo quotes love
- “Go to the pine if you want to learn about the pine, or to the bamboo if you want to learn about the bamboo. And in doing so, you must leave your subjective preoccupation with yourself. Otherwise you impose yourself on the object and you do not learn.” ~ Matsuo Basho
“Give me a Japanese division armed with bamboo spears and I’ll wipe out the entire Russian Far Eastern Army.” ~ Sadao Araki
- “Sweep the garden, any size, said the roshi. Sweeping, sweeping alone as the garden grows large or small. Any song sung working the garden brings up from sand gravel soil through straw bamboo wood and less tangible elements Power song for the hands Healing song for the senses what can and cannot be perceived of the soul.” ~ Olga Broumas
- “As a friend at a major American newspaper said to me when I complained about this tendency in his own paper, “You know how these media narratives are. They’re like bamboo.” Meaning, once they start growing, you can’t kill them.” ~ George Weigel
- “You can learn from an ordinary bamboo leaf what ought to happen. It bends lower and lower under the weight of snow. Suddenly the snow slips to the ground without the leaf having stirred. Stay like that at the point of highest tension until the shot falls from you. So, indeed, it is: when the tension is fulfilled, the shot must fall, it must fall from the archer like snow from a bamboo leaf, before he even thinks it.” ~ Eugen Herrigel
“You’d think I was shoving bamboo splinters under your nails. (Alice from Twilight)” ~ Stephenie Meyer
- “Heat lingers
As days are still long;
Early mornings are cool
While autumn is still young.
Dew on the lotus
Scatters pure perfume;
Wind on the bamboos
Gives off a gentle tinkling.
I am idle and lonely,
Lying down all day,
Sick and decayed;
No one asks for me;
Thin dusk before my gates,
Cassia blossoms inch deep.” ~ Bai Juyi
- “[My muse] likes to inhabit tea leaves, sunlight filtered through bamboo, melancholy clouds over the Devon coastline, a weedy railroad crossing in the Southern States, bubblegum pop from the sixties, torch songs from the forties, undersea caves where B-movie octopi grapple with men in loincloths, sacred groves of pink anime dryads, Victorian fairy paintings executed by gentlemen in lunatic asylums and so on.” ~ Quentin S. Crisp
“From the pine tree, learn of the pine tree; And from the bamboo, of the bamboo” ~ Matsuo Basho
- “Two monks sit facing, playing chess on the mountain, The bamboo shadow on the board is dark and clear. Not a person sees the bamboo’s shadow, One sometimes hears the pieces being moved.” ~ Bai Juyi
- “It never takes longer than a few minutes, when they get together, for everyone to revert to the state of nature, like a party marooned by a shipwreck. That’s what a family is. Also the storm at sea, the ship, and the unknown shore. And the hats and the whiskey stills that you make out of bamboo and coconuts. And the fire that you light to keep away the beasts.” ~ Michael Chabon
- “The Japanese are virtuosos. They make just the little accent that makes all the difference. So much there is so beautiful – just a shop window display is a work of art. Just the way they make all kinds of things out of bamboo that are so ingenious. Just the way this little bamboo drain or latch is so beautiful. The masonry around the streams to hold the bank are beautiful – and not all one kind and not just cement.” ~ Jane Jacobs , Bamboo quotes Japanese
“Two tires fly. Two Wail. A bamboo grove, all chopped down From it, warring songs.” ~ Neal Stephenson
- “We have so many alternatives, like kenaf. It produces more crop, it’s hardier, and creates incredible paper products. Why are we deforesting for pulp and paper when we have a logical and efficient solution in plants like kenaf or bamboo? It doesn’t make sense to me at all. I’m inviting anyone else who thinks the same to reach out and get involved with our think tanks around creating tree free alternatives ASAP.” ~ Ian Somerhalder
- “Marriage isn’t a contest to see who is most often right. Marriage requires being what the Japanese call ‘the wise bamboo,’ which means you bend so you don’t break. Treat your spouse with the flexibility and respect you would give to a top client. Think how we treat clients; We smile, we are polite, we listen to their ideas. Never forget that your spouse is your most important client.” ~ Joan Rivers
- “My alter egos have changed a lot over the years. When I was a child, I was a black horse called Storm. Whinnying and jumping over bamboo poles in the garden took up pretty much my entire childhood.” ~ Romola Garai
- “Once a century, all of a certain kind of bamboo flower on the same day. Whether they are in Malaysia or in a greenhouse in Minnesota makes no difference, nor does the age or size of the plant. They flower. Some current of an inner language passes between them, through space and separation, in ways we cannot explain in our language. They are all, somehow, one plant, each with a share of communal knowledge.” ~ Linda Hogan
“Why are we deforesting for pulp and paper when we have a logical and efficient solution in plants like kenaf or bamboo? It doesn’t make sense to me at all.” ~ Ian Somerhalder
- “I speak without exaggeration when I say that I have constructed 3,000 different theories in connection with the electric light, each one of them reasonable and apparently likely to be true. Yet only in two cases did my experiments prove the truth of my theory. My chief difficulty was in constructing the carbon filament… Every quarter of the globe was ransacked by my agents, and all sorts of the queerest materials used, until finally the shred of bamboo, now utilized by us, was settled upon.” ~ Thomas A. Edison
- “The legs, for example, of that chair–how miraculous their tubularity, how supernatural their polished smoothness! I spent several minutes–or was it several centuries?–not merely gazing at those bamboo legs, but actually being them—or rather being myself in them; or, to be still more accurate (for “I” was not involved in the case, nor in a certain sense were “they”) being my Not-self in the Not-self which was the chair.” ~ Aldous Huxley
- “What frustrated me was the thought that with three thousand years of history someone in China, some monk in a monastery halfway up a mountain, must have developed a magic kata, a physical expression of formae. Or at least have got close enough to explain all those legendary swordsmen and their inexplicable desire to roost on the tops of bamboo trees.” ~ Ben Aaronovitch , Bamboo quotes Chinese
“I’ve had a really weird day, some joker threw bamboo in the penguin enclosure. They all vaulted out. It was a nightmare, it took me all morning to get them back in.” ~ Noel Fielding
- “You can’t breathe for sheer revulsion when you keep finding the bodies of women with bamboo poles thrust up their vaginas. Even old women over 70 are constantly being raped.” ~ John Rabe
- “I just don’t believe in helping people who are going to torture me. Though I don’t see any bamboo slivers. How can you possibly torture someone without bamboo slivers?” ~ Laurell K. Hamilton
- “The torture that they are coming up with in China is so creative. They have this other method where they’ll take a bamboo and they’ll plant it in your anus and just let it grow. So patient. Man, watch out for China, I say. They have all the ambition as we do but none of the heart.” ~ Kristen Schaal