Now, it has been more than 150 years since the publication of “Alice’s Adventurers in Wonderland” by Lewis Carroll, affectionately known to most people simply as “Alice in Wonderland.” It tells a story of a young girl named Alice falling through a rabbit hole into a fantasy world that has inspired countless movies. I hope these Alice In Wonderland quotes inspire you.
15 Alice In Wonderland Quotes
- “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” – Alice
- “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.” – The White Rabbit
- “Alice: “How long is forever?”
White Rabbit: “Sometimes, just one second.”
- “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – The Queen of Hearts
- “Alice: “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?”
The Cheshire Cat: “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.”
Alice: “I don’t much care where.”
The Cheshire Cat: “Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”
- “Who are YOU?” said the Caterpillar.
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, “I-I hardly know, sir, just at present – at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.”
- “How puzzling all these changes are! I’m never sure what I’m going to be, from one minute to another.” – Alice
- “I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?” – Alice
- “Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible.”
“I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” – Alice
- “You used to be much more…muchier. You’ve lost your muchness.” – The Mad Hatter
- “I don’t think…” said Alice. “Then you shouldn’t talk,” said the Hatter.”
- “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” – The Duchess
- “But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “Or you wouldn’t have come here.”
- “Mad Hatter: “Have I gone mad?”
Alice: “I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”