Byron Kathleen Mitchell, better known as Byron Katie is an American speaker and author who teaches a method of self-inquiry known as “The Work of Byron Katie” or simply as “The Work.” These Byron Katie quotes will motivate you.
Best Byron Katie Quotes
- “You’ve never reacted to someone else. You project meaning onto nothing. And you react to the meaning you’ve projected” ~ Byron Katie
- “Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do.” ~ Byron Katie
- “A lover of what is looked forward to everything: life, death, disease, loss, earthquakes, bombs, anything the mind might be tempted to call ‘bad.’ Life will bring us everything we need, to show us what we haven’t undone yet. Nothing outside ourselves can make us suffer. Except for our unquestioned thoughts, every place is paradise.” ~ Byron Katie
- “People try so hard to let go of their negative behaviors and thoughts, and it doesn’t work, or it works only for a short time. I didn’t let go of my negative thoughts; I questioned them, and then they let go of me, and so did my addictions and depression.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Stress is an alarm clock that lets you know you’re attached to something not true for you.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Just keep coming home to yourself, you are the one who you’ve been waiting for.” ~ Byron Katie
“Our job is unconditional love. The job of everyone else in our life is to push our buttons.” ~ Byron Katie
- “If your happiness depends on your children being happy, that makes them your hostages. So stay out of their business, stop using them for your happiness, and be your own happiness. And that way you are the teacher for your children: someone who knows how to live a happy life.” ~ Byron Katie
- “If you want real control, drop the illusion of control; let life have you. It does anyway. You’re just telling yourself the story of how it doesn’t.” ~ Byron Katie
- “People who believe their unquestioned thoughts cannot see what is obvious and directly in front of their faces at all times, because they are invested in what they believe to be true. As long as they live out of an unquestioned mind, they must continue to argue with what they believe is happening rather than the reality of what is really happening.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Placing the blame or judgment on someone else leaves you powerless to change your experience; taking responsibility for your beliefs and judgments gives you the power to change them” ~ Byron Katie
“The bottom line is if someone says something about me and it upsets me, it’s true.” ~ Byron Katie
- “If you think the cause of your problem is ‘out there,’ you’ll try to solve it from the outside. Take the shortcut: solve it from within.” ~ Byron Katie
- “To think that I know what’s best for anyone else is to be out of my business. Even in the name of love, it is pure arrogance, and the result is tension, anxiety, and fear. Do I know what’s right for me? That is my only business. Let me work with that before I try to solve problems for you.” ~ Byron Katie Quote
- “Every (stressful thought) is a variation on a single theme: This shouldn’t be happening. I shouldn’t be having this experience. God is unjust. Life isn’t fair.” ~ Byron Katie
- “The most important relationship is the mind’s relationship with itself. In other words, the ultimate – and, really, the only – relationship you have is the relationship with your own thoughts.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Work always leaves you with less of a story.
Who would you be without your story?
You never know until you inquire.
There is no story that is you or that leads to you.
Every story leads away from you.
Turn it around; undo it.
You are what exists before all stories.
You are what remains when the story is understood.” ~ Byron Katie
“Fear has only two causes: the thought of losing what you have or the thought of not getting what you want.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Peace doesn’t require two people; it requires only one. It has to be you. The problem begins and ends there.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Spare yourself from seeking love, approval, or appreciation-from anyone. And watch what happens in reality, just for fun.” ~ Byron Katie Quote
- “Every single human being is trying his best. We’re all doing the best we can. But when we believe what we think, we have to live out those thoughts. When there’s chaos in our heads, there’s chaos in our lives. When there’s hurt in our thinking, there’s hurt in our lives. Love thy neighbor as thyself? I always have. When I hated me, I hated you. That’s how it works. If I hate someone, I’m mistaking them for me, and solutions remain hidden.” ~ Byron Katie
- “When you believe that your problem is caused by someone or something else, you become your own victim.” ~ Byron Katie
“The only thing you fear is the unreality that you yourself have invented.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Pay close attention to the particular thoughts you use to deprive yourself of happiness.” ~ Byron Katie
- “No one has ever been angry at
another human being-we’re only angry at
our story of them.” ~ Byron Katie
- “It’s good that it hurts. Pain is the signal that you’re confused, that you’re in a lie.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Nothing belongs to me. Everything comes and goes. Serenity is an open door.” ~ Byron Katie
- “No-one can disappoint you, only your thoughts about them can” ~ Byron Katie
- “The whole world is simply my story, projected back to me on the screen of my own perception. All of it.” ~ Byron Katie
“You can only see what you believe—nothing else is possible.” ~ Byron Katie
- “When you think that someone or something other than yourself needs to change, you’re mentally out of your business.” ~ Byron Katie
- “It’s not what happens in life that bothers us. It’s what we’re believing about it that bothers us.” ~ Byron Katie
- “That’s what every uncomfortable feeling is for that’s what pain is for, what money is for, what everything in the world is for: your self-realization.” ~ Byron Katie
- “When we question our thoughts, we see that the craziness was never in the world, but in us.” ~ Byron Katie
- “When you realize that suffering and discomfort are the calls to the inquiry, you may actually begin to look forward to uncomfortable feelings. You may even experience them as friends coming to show you what you have not yet investigated thoroughly enough.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Everything that happens is God’s will. When you realize that, you’re home free.” ~ Byron Katie
- “I discovered that when I believed my thoughts, I suffered, but that when I didn’t believe them, I didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being. Freedom is as simple as that. I found that suffering is optional. I found a joy within me that has never disappeared, not for a single moment.” ~ Byron Katie
“Your most intimate relationship is the one you have with your thoughts.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn’t need to happen.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Our parents, our children, our spouses, and our friends will continue to press every button we have, until we realize what it is that we don’t want to know about ourselves, yet. They will point us to our freedom every time.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Discomfort is the call to set yourself free.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Reality – the way that is, exactly as it is, in every moment – is always kind. It’s our story about a reality that blurs our vision, obscures what’s true, and leads us to believe that there is injustice in the world. I sometimes say that you move totally away from reality when you believe that there is a legitimate reason to suffer.” ~ Byron Katie
- “Nothing you believe is true. To know
this is freedom.” ~ Byron Katie
- “So, how do you get back to heaven?
To begin with, just notice the thoughts that take you away from it.
You don’t have to believe everything your thoughts tell you.
Just become familiar with the particular thoughts you use to deprive yourself of happiness.
It may seem strange at first to get to know yourself in this way,
but becoming familiar with your stressful thoughts
will show you the way home to everything you need.” ~ Byron Katie
- “My experience is that the teachers we need most are the people we’re living with right now.” ~ Byron Katie