What is Steve Ballmer’s net worth? Steve Ballmer net worth comes from Mircosoft.
Stephen Anthony Palmer is an American businessman and investor who served as CEO of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014. His tenure and legacy as CEO of Microsoft received a mixed reception, as the company tripled sales and doubled profits, but lost market dominance and missed technology trends in the 21st century like the rise of smartphones in the form of iPhone and Android.
Steve Ballmer Net Worth
US$ 88.7 billion
65 (born March 24, 1956)
|Country of Origin
|Source of Wealth
Early Life & Education
Steve Ballmer was born in Detroit, Michigan. He is the son of Beatrice Dworkin and Frederick Henry Ballmer (Fritz Hans Ballmer), a director at Ford Motor Company. In 1973, he enrolled in undergraduate and engineering classes at Lawrence Technological University. He graduated as a valedictorian from Detroit Country Day, a private college prep school in Beverly Hills, Michigan, with a score of 800 in the Athletic Division of the SAT and was a National Merit Seeker.
He then worked as Associate Product Manager at Procter & Gamble for two years, sharing an office with Jeff Immelt, who would later become CEO of General Electric. After trying to write short Hollywood screenplays in 1980, Ballmer left Stanford Graduate School of Business to join Microsoft.
Ballmer joined Microsoft on June 11, 1980, became Microsoft’s 30th employee, the first business manager appointed by Gates. Ballmer was offered a salary of $ 50,000 plus 5-10% of the company. When Microsoft was founded in 1981, Ballmer owned 8% of the company. In 2003, Ballmer sold 39.3 million shares of Microsoft shares for roughly $ 955 million, thus reducing his ownership to 4%.
In the 20 years since his appointment, Palmer headed several Microsoft departments, including operations, operating system development, sales, and support. From February 1992 onwards, he was Executive Vice President, Sales & Support. Ballmer led Microsoft’s development of the .NET Framework. Ballmer was then promoted to President of Microsoft, a title he held from July 1998 to February 2001, actually making him number two in the company to Chairman and CEO, Bill Gates.
Steve Ballmer’s net worth in 2021 is $88.7 Billion.
Top Steve Ballmer Quotes
- “I think our leadership team is a highly accountable leadership team.”
- “I think the biggest mistake most people make when they pick their first job is they don’t worry enough about whether they’ll love the work, and they worry more about whether it’s a good experience.”
- “Great companies with the way they work, first start with great leaders.”
- “It’s always great when you get a lot of people pushing themselves to do better, be better, invent better, better serve, better lead customers in new directions.”
- “I think good ideas are usually better done quickly than slowly.”
- “As a global company, our future growth and success require that we constantly look at ways to improve our ability to serve customers worldwide.”
- “Everyone likes to differentiate between business and consumers but I don’t see the difference really. Most people are people. I get personal and business mail and I have one set of contacts from my life. I don’t want to manage two sets. I want one view of my world.”
- “I loved every minute of my time at Microsoft, but I had always envisioned having another phase of life just because I thought that would be interesting. It had never been my plan to work until I literally didn’t want to do anything and then hang it up.”
- “The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense, it is all about potential.”