What is Shaq’s net worth? Shaq net worth comes from his basketball career.
Shaquille Rashaun O’Neal is an American former professional basketball player who is a sports analyst on the television program Inside the NBA. Shaquille O’Neal, aka Shaq, is currently serving as a sports analyst.
Shaq Net Worth
US$ 400 Million
49 (born March 6, 1972)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Shaquille O’Neal was born in Newark, New Jersey on March 6, 1972. His biological father suffered from drug addiction and was imprisoned for drug possession when O’Neal was an infant. They never had a relationship, and his father ceded his parental rights to O’Neal’s stepfather.
O’Neal found his presence at the Boys and Girls Club of Newark, where it was a safe place. He didn’t play in a team, but he used space to shoot hoops. However, his mother’s father was in the army and soon the family was sent to bases in Germany and Texas.
In high school, O’Neal led his team to a record 68-1 over two years and the state championship in his senior year. After high school, he played for the Louisiana State University team, where he was twice named All-American, twice received the Player of the Year award, as well as other awards.
In 1992, O’Neal was drafted by the Orlando Magic with the first overall pick in the NBA draft, and before moving to Orlando he was directed by Magic Johnson.
O’Neal quickly made history by becoming the first player to win the MVP award during his first week in the NBA. He played with Magic until the 1995 season, after which he became a free agent for the following season.
In 1996, he was named to the US Olympic basketball team, which became the 1996 gold medalist team. After the Olympics, he joined the Los Angeles Lakers on a seven-year contract. O’Neal continued to improve his stats and lead his team to championships.
O’Neal had frequent injuries throughout his career, but his most debilitating injury was degenerative arthritis in his toe. He underwent surgery in 2002 and missed the first 12 games of the 2002-03 season. The Lakers fell to the fifth seed and did not reach the finals in 2003.
O’Neal’s last few seasons alternate between teams. 2004 through 2008 saw his play for the Miami Heat, which saw more career heights and fewer injuries.
In 2008 he was transferred to the Phoenix Suns for a season. 2009-2010 saw him play for the Cleveland Cavaliers, 2010-2011 was the Boston Celtics, where he retired.
Shaq’s net worth in 2021 is $400 Million.
Few Shaq Facts
- Shaq’s stepfather once lost some teeth to a Boston Celtics legend
- O’Neal was already 6 feet 4 inches tall at age 10
- Shaq’s jersey number was inspired by an NBA legend, with a twist
- Shaq was famously left off the original dream team
- A rookie Shaq was sickened by the smell of alcohol
Top Shaq Quotes
- “Once the Hack-a-Shaq works once, you know I’m going to see it again. The only thing worse for basketball than that defense is the Lack-a-Shaq offense, where I have to go to the bench because of foul trouble. There is no fun in that.” ~ Shaquille O’Neal
- “I’m not going to try to go out there and outdo him. I don’t have to try to outdo him, I’m Shaq.” ~ Shaquille O’Neal
- “I’m dominant every night. I come in every night and get beat up. I never make a face when they try to flagrant or hack-a-Shaq me, because I’m not from this planet. Earthlings don’t faze me.” ~ Shaquille O’Neal
- “I’m going back to the old Shaq. I was normal last year – I was an earthling last summer. I had to go back to my alien roots.” ~ Shaquille O’Neal
- “If you’re going to hire an assassin, let him go out and kill someone. I can’t be Shaq taking six or seven shots.” ~ Shaquille O’Neal
All about Shaq’s net worth, and a quick look at his success
Shaquille O’Neal has become one of the most popular names in sports. He has broken and set many records and standards in the sport. His net worth is a mixture of sports, television, music, and film career, and it continues to grow with him. As of 2021, Shaq’s net worth is $400 Million.