Scottie Pippen Net Worth 2021
What is Scottie Pippen’s net worth? Scottie Pippen net worth comes from his basketball career.
Scotty Maurice Pippen Sr. usually spelled Scottie Pippen, is an American former professional basketball player.
Scottie Pippen Net Worth
US$ 20 Million
55 (born September 25, 1965)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Scottie Pippen was born in Hamburg, Arkansas, to Ethel and Preston Pippen.
Pippen is the youngest of the 12 children in the family.
His passion for basketball developed at an early age. When he was younger, he was looking forward to winning Game Seven of the NBA Championship on the same day. He attended Hamburg High School where he played for the school’s basketball team.
Scottie Pippen was selected by the Seattle Supersonics in the 1987 NBA Draft. That same year, he made his NBA debut against the Philadelphia 76ers.
In the following season, Pepin played 73 games, of which he started 56, and scored 14.4 points per game on average. His amazing performance improved and he made his debut for the NBA All-Star Team. Pippen has started all 82 matches he has participated in, scoring an average of 17.8 points per game.
Pippen led the team back to the playoffs and was again defeated in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
With Jordan returning prior to the 1995-96 season and acquisition of two-time champion Dennis Rodman, the Bulls built their squad around their three-star players. The team won a total of 72 games and lost 10, an NBA record at the time.
Scottie Pippen’s net worth in 2021 is $20 Million.
Few Scottie Pippen Facts
- Scottie had eleven older brothers and sisters
- He is the only NBA player who has won an NBA title and Olympic Gold Medal in the same year twice (1992 and 1996)
- Pippen only failed to make it to the playoffs once, in 2004. Before that, he appeared in the play-offs sixteen times in a row
- Though he retired from the NBA in 2004, he played his last professional game in 2008, for the Sundsvall Dragons in Sweden
- Pippen earned himself the nickname “No Tippen’ Pippen”, as he almost never tipped in restaurants. In 1997, an issue of Sports Illustrated named Pippen one of three biggest ‘skinflints’ of the NBA
Top Scottie Pippen Quotes
- “One of the hardest things for a ballplayer to do is to accept his role” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “Sometimes a player’s greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “I’ve always led by example and I’m not that vocal.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “I know sometimes I need to be more like M.J., but M.J. also needs to be more like me. He needs to be the player he is with more my mentality.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play in the game. But I may go as far to say Lebron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “It [would have] been very difficult. As I said, the rules … but if the rules were put in place back when Michael Jordan was in his prime – no hand-checking, the game was more geared toward offense, wanting to promote scoring in the game – he could have probably got close. He did score 69.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “I visualize the game. I think about who I am guarding, the things he likes to do.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “He’s very knowledgeable. That’s the one advantage that I see in Kobe Bryant’s career compared to Michael Jordan. Ten years into Kobe Bryant’s career, we’re seeing a very polished 27-year-old player who’s probably got another seven or eight great years ahead of him.” ~ Scottie Pippen
- “I probably should’ve listened to Michael a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn’t show any dedication.” ~ Scottie Pippen
All about Scottie Pippen’s net worth, and a quick look at his success
Scottie Pippen has won a total of six NBA championships. Pippen is considered one of the best young strikers of all time. He has earned accolades including ll-NBA First Team three times, All-NBA Second Team twice, All-NBA Third Team twice, NBA All-Defensive First Team eight times, NBA All-Defensive Second Team twice.