What is Robert Downey Jr’s net worth? Robert Downey Jr net worth comes from his professional acting career.
Robert John Downey Jr. is an American actor and producer.
Robert Downey Jr Net Worth
US$ 300 Million
56 (born April 4, 1965)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Robert Downey Jr. was born in Manhattan, New York on April 4, 1965. His parents worked as actors during his childhood. He is the son of pioneering filmmaker Robert Downey Sr.
Downey started acting at the age of five. His mother, Elise, was an actress, like his father, who instilled in her son a love of performance. Robert grew up in Greenwich Village with his older sister Alison.
After his debut in Pound, he had small roles in several of his father’s films.
Downey decided to move with his father to Los Angeles after his parents divorced when he was 13 years old. When he turned 16, he dropped out of high school and decided to move to New York to live with his mother.
Downey has a lot of problems with substance abuse, including alcohol and drugs. He was introduced to drugs at the age of eight by his father, who was also a drug addict, and later in his twenties, he began to suffer from a full-blown addiction.
Robert Downey Jr. has been arrested multiple times and was in prison once for drug addiction.
Robert Downey Jr’s net worth in 2021 is $300 Million.
Few Robert Downey Jr Facts
- In the early days of his career, the struggling actor bussed tables at a SoHo restaurant
- He became one of the members of the infamous ‘80s Brat Pack. Fellow Brat Packer Anthony Michael Hall is his eldest son Indio’s godfather
- Pretty in Pink’s Molly Ringwald has revealed that she pushed for Robert to get the part of Duckie in the hit 80s flick, but producers decided to give the role to Jon Cryer instead
- It isn’t easy becoming a member of Hollywood’s 20 Million Club (stars who earn more than $20 million per film), but Robert did just thanks to the success of the Iron Man franchise
- In interviews, he refers to Susan as “the Mrs.” and has her name tattooed on his arm
- Team Downey, he and his wife’s production company, produced their first film in 2014. The Judge, starring Robert Duvall, received a best supporting actor nomination
Top Robert Downey Jr Quotes
- “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
- “Listen, smile, agree, then do whatever you were going to do anyway.” ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
- “People never change because they are under threat or under duress. Never. They change because they see something that makes their life seem valuable enough to start moving toward a life worth living.” ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
- “People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.” ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
- “Nothing will serve you better than a strong work ethic. Nothing. And it’s something that you can’t teach. You have to be thrown into it, where you’re going to sink or swim. It’s amazing how self-correcting and how clarifying a good, hard, shitty job can be. Because at the end of the day, any profession I’ve seen anybody in when you peer behind the curtains of Oh, wouldn’t that be a great job? Wow, what an amazing thing, a philanthropic endeavor! it really just comes down to It’s a f**king grind.” ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
- “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me.” ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
All about Robert Downey Jr’s net worth, and a quick look at his success
Robert Downey Jr. is one of the most talented actors of all time, and it’s easy to say he’s been through some tough times but hasn’t let anything stop him.
He is famous for being one of the highest-paid actors in the industry, and now he is one of the most popular actors in the world.
As of 2021, Robert Downey Jr’s net worth is $300 Million.