Nancy Pelosi Net Worth 2021
What is Nancy Pelosi’s net worth? Nancy Pelosi net worth comes from her political career.
Nancy Patricia Pelosi is an American politician serving as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives since 2019, and previously from 2007 to 2011.
Nancy Pelosi Net Worth
US$ 120 Million
81 (born March 26, 1940)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Nancy Pelosi was born on March 26, 1940, in Maryland. Pelosi’s father was a second-generation immigrant from Italy. He served as the United States Representative from 1939 to 1947.
Her mother was a first-generation immigrant from Italy as well.
Her mother dropped out of law school and later became a leader at the local Democratic Women’s Club.
Nancy Pelosi served on the Appropriations Committee of the US House of Representatives during the 1990s. She has also served on the US House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
Pelosi became the first woman to be elected to the position of minority whip in the House of Representatives in 2001. She was second in leadership after minority leader Dick Gephardt.
In 2009, she became a staunch supporter of several of Barack Hussein Obama‘s 11 policies. She helped the president pass a $787 billion stimulus package.
The following year, she lost her position as Speaker of the House of Representatives. Although she had to endure criticism for her party’s failure, she was eventually elected minority leader in the 112th Congress.
Nancy Pelosi’s net worth in 2021 is $120 Million.
Few Nancy Pelosi Facts
- Seemingly, Pelosi was a Democrat from birth—as a young girl, she was offered a toy elephant by a Republican poll worker but recoiled, refusing the toy.
- A devout Catholic, Pelosi attended a Roman Catholic women’s college, Trinity College, in Washington, D.C., where she met her future husband, Paul Pelosi, who was attending Georgetown. They eventually relocated to his hometown, San Francisco.
- Although active in politics her whole life—including stints as a leading Democratic fundraiser and chairwoman of the party in California—Pelosi didn’t run for office until she was 47, preferring to wait until the youngest of her five children was a high school senior before running for Congress in 1987.
- Pelosi has been a formidable force within the Democratic Party, raising more money than any other congressional Democrat–around $100 million since taking the reins of party leadership. And she has managed to keep the House Dems toeing the party line: According to Congressional Quarterly, House Democrats voted with the majority of their party 88 percent of the time in 2005, the highest total since CQ started keeping track in 1956.
Top Nancy Pelosi Quotes
- “Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “If I had my way, sporting guns would be strictly regulated, the rest would be confiscated” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “The American people voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington, D.C., and the Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “America will be far safer if we reduce the chances of a terrorist attack in one of our cities than if we diminish the civil liberties of our own people.” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “Pass the bill to find out what’s in it” ~ Nancy Pelosi
- “As many of you know, I came from San Francisco. We don’t have a lot of farms there. Well, we do have one – it’s a mushroom farm, so you know what that means.” ~ Nancy Pelosi