What is Mukesh Ambani’s net worth? Mukesh Ambani net worth comes from Reliance Industries Ltd.
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani is an Indian billionaire businessman, and the chairman, managing director, and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL).
Mukesh Ambani Net Worth
US$ 77.5 billion
64 (born 19 April 1957)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Owner of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL)
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani was born on April 19, 1957 in the British Crown Colony in Aden (present-day Yemen) to Dhirubhai Ambani and Kokilaben Ambani. He has a younger brother Anil Ambani and two sisters, Nina Bhadrashiyam Kothari and Dipti Dataraj Salgaonkar. Ambani lived only briefly in Yemen because his father decided to return to India in 1958 to start a business focusing on spices and textiles.
The latter was originally called “Vimal” but was later changed to “Only Vimal”. His family lived in a modest two-bedroom apartment in Bhuliwar, Mumbai until the 1970s. The family’s financial situation improved slightly when they moved to India, but Ambani still lives in a communal community, uses public transportation, and has received no benefits.
Mukesh Ambani’s net worth in 2021 is $77.5 Billion.
After his secondary schooling, he studied at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. He then received a BE degree in Chemical Engineering from the Institute of Chemical Technology. Ambani later enrolled for an MBA at Stanford University but withdrew in 1980 to help his father build Reliance, which at the time was still a small but fast-growing enterprise. His father felt that real-life skills were harnessed through experiences and not by sitting in a classroom, so he called his son back to India from Stanford to take command of a yarn manufacturing project in his company.
In 1981 he joined his father’s Dhirubhai Ambani family business, Reliance Industries Limited. He grew Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company that owns businesses engaged in energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, retail, and telecommunications. Reliance Retail Ltd., another subsidiary, is also the largest retailer in India. Reliance’s Jio has earned a top-five spot in the country’s telecommunication services since its public launch on 5 September 2016. He was appointed as a Director of Bank of America and became the first non-American to be on its board.
Few Facts About Mukesh Ambani
- Mukesh Ambani owns the world’s largest refinery
- He accounts for approx 4 percent of the country’s GDP
- Ambani’s house is one of the most expensive residential property in the world ‘Antila’
- Mukesh Ambani is also the first Asian in the top 10 wealthiest people in the world
- Mukesh Ambani has more than doubled his income in the past 10 years
Top Mukesh Ambani Quotes
- “Everybody has equal opportunity, and I think that is true for everything.” – Mukesh Ambani
- “Everybody has equal opportunity and I think that is true for everything.” Mukesh Ambani
- “Any business that has the sole purpose of making money is not worth doing.” Mukesh Ambani
- “I think that our fundamental belief is that for us growth is a way of life and we have to grow at all times.” – Mukesh Ambani
- “All of us, in a sense, struggle continuously all the time because we never get what we want. The important thing which I’ve really learned is how do you not give up, because you never succeed in the first attempt.” – Mukesh Ambani
- “Tune out the critics and cynics.” Mukesh Ambani
- “Relationships and trust. This is the bedrock of life.” – Mukesh Ambani
- “Today I see a billion people as a billion potential consumers, an opportunity to generate value for them and to make a return for myself” – Mukesh Ambani
- “It is important to achieve our goals, but not at any cost.” Mukesh Ambani
- “Relationships and trust. This is the bedrock of life.” Mukesh Ambani