Mitchell McConnell Net Worth 2021
What is Mitchell McConnell’s net worth? Mitchell McConnell net worth comes from his political career.
Addison Mitchell McConnell III is an American politician. A member of the Republican Party, he has served since 1985 as a United States senator from Kentucky, and since January 20, 2021, as Senate Minority Leader.
Mitchell McConnell Net Worth
US$ 35 Million
79 (born February 20, 1942)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Mitchell McConnell was born February 20, 1942, in Sheffield, Alabama, and grew up in nearby Athens, Alabama. He graduated Omicron Delta Kappa from the University of Louisville with a B.A. in political science in 1964. In 1967, McConnell graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was president of the Student Bar Association.
In March 1967, shortly before the expiration of his educational draft deferment upon graduation from law school, McConnell enlisted in the U.S. Army Reserve as a private at Louisville, Kentucky.
From 1968 to 1970 McConnell worked as a chief legislative assistant to Senator Marlow Cook in Washington, D.C., managing a legislative department consisting of five members as well as assisting with speech writing and constituent services.
In 1977 McConnell was elected the Jefferson County judge/executive, which was the top political office in Jefferson County, Kentucky, at the time.
From 1997 to 2001 McConnell was chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the body charged with securing electoral victories for Republicans.
After Republicans took control of the Senate following the 2014 Senate elections, McConnell became the Senate Majority Leader. In June 2018 he became the longest-serving Senate Republican leader in the history of the United States.
Mitchell McConnell’s net worth in 2021 is $35 Million.
Few Mitchell McConnell Facts
- During his first term in 1985, Mitch McConnell became a US Senator representing Kentucky
- At 2 years old, Mitch McConnell had polio
- Mitch McConnell served under the Republican Party
- He became President Gerald Ford’s deputy assistant attorney general
- Finishing his law degree at the University of Kentucky, Mitch McConnell is a judge or lawyer by profession
- According to a source, McConnell is the 9th richest US senator
- Mitch McConnell became the first Republican to win a Kentucky statewide election since 1968
- Ever since he won the elections in 1984, Mitch McConnell has been in politics for over 36 years
Top Mitchell McConnell Quotes
- “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “All Citizens United did was to level the playing field for corporate speech. We now have, I think, the most free and open system we’ve had in modern times.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “Obama hasn’t been working to earn reelection, he’s been working to earn a spot on the PGA tour!” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “Whether it’s before the election or after the election, the principle is the American people are choosing their next president and their next president should pick this Supreme Court nominee.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “For everybody who thinks it’s warming, I can find somebody who thinks it isn’t.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “It’s a shame that we have to use whatever leverage we have in Congress to get the president to deal with the biggest problem confronting our future. And that’s our excessive spending.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “The biggest problem confronting the country is our excessive spending. If we’re not going to deal with it now, when are we going to deal with it? And we’ve watched the government explode over the last four years. We’ve dealt with the revenue issue.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “The money that goes into Social Security is not the government’s money. it’s your money. You paid for it.” ~ Mitch McConnell
- “The minimum wage is mostly an entry-level wage for young people.” ~ Mitch McConnell