What is Mike Tyson’s net worth? Mike Tyson net worth comes from his boxing career.
Michael Gerard Tyson is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1985 to 2005.
Mike Tyson Net Worth
US$ 10 Million
54 (born June 30, 1966)
|Country of Origin
|Source of Wealth
Mike Tyson was born on June 30, 1966, in Brownsville, Brooklyn, New York. He had two brothers, Rodney and Dennis. However, his sister died of a heart attack at the age of 24.
Although Tyson’s biological father is listed as “Purcell Tyson,” Mike saw his father as Jimmy Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick was from Greer, North Carolina, and was one of the neighborhood’s top baseball players. He was quite a gambler and was spending a lot of time in areas where you would expect someone of this type to be around.
Kirkpatrick later left the family, and Tyson’s mother died when he was only 16 years old. Which he left in the care of his boxing manager Cus D’Amato.
Throughout his childhood, Tyson lived in and around high-crime neighborhoods. He mentioned in a previous interview that his first fight was with an older guy, who pulled the head of one of his pigeons.
Tyson was regularly arrested for crimes and had already been arrested 38 times by the age of 13. He ended up at Tryon Boys’ School in Jonestown and later dropped out of high school.
Mike Tyson was 18 years old when he made his boxing debut. Prior to that, he was competing as an amateur at the Junior Olympics.
He quickly grew into the champion, having won 26 of his first 28 fights by either KO or TKO. For a long time, people believed that Tyson was unbeatable. That was until Buster Douglas came along. You’ve probably heard Douglas’ story about his mother dying before the fight after she told everyone that her son would defeat Mike Tyson.
Douglas has managed to go on more tours than anyone else he has gone on with Tyson; And after getting to that point, I realized Tyson was starting to lose energy and stamina pretty quickly after the fifth or sixth round.
Mike Tyson was the first heavyweight boxer to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC, and IBF titles, and the only heavyweight to unite them respectively. He is still considered, to this day, one of the best boxers of all time.
However, his reputation was severely tarnished after he was sentenced to 6 years in prison, after being convicted of the crime of rape. He tried to return after his imprisonment, but it did not last long.
Mike Tyson’s net worth was, once upon a time, $300 million. after splashing money, and suffering the consequences of some of his actions; Mike Tyson’s net worth is now only $3 million.
Mike Tyson’s net worth in 2021 is $10 Million.
Few Mike Tyson Facts
- Mike Tyson once spent $100 on a flock of pigeons, only to have one killed before his very eyes
- One of his pet tigers once knocked him out, causing his gold teeth to shatter
- At the age of 13 years old, he had already been arrested 38 times
- His own trainer pulled a gun on him
Top Mike Tyson Quotes
- “Fighting is a sport; if you’re not humble it’s going to bring humbleness to you.” ~ Mike Tyson
- “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.” ~ Mike Tyson
- “In order to succeed greatly, you have to be prepared to fail greatly. If you can’t do both of them, you’ve got a problem.” ~ Mike Tyson
- “Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it.” ~ Mike Tyson
- “Everybody you fight is not your enemy and everybody who helps you is not your friend.” ~ Mike Tyson